Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Brum crawl I’ve planned out tomorrow:

Wellington

Tram to the Black Eagle

Red Lion

Jewellers Arms

Gunmakers

The Bull 

Good list.  I always used to like the Post Office Vaults for beer selection as well.  If it's even still open, been a while.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Good list.  I always used to like the Post Office Vaults for beer selection as well.  If it's even still open, been a while.  

I like Post Office Vaults, fair sized group of us so that's why I've missed it out. Will shoot for Old Joint Stock if we get the others in quickly enough

• Like 1

Couple of pints of Abyss, a stout from Neptune (who have been knocking out some fantastic beer over the past 18 months) in the Gas Lamp which might be one of my new favourite gaffs after recent visits, a plum porter in the City Arms which was heaving, now on a mild in Cafe Beer Moth. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Sunchaser. Better then Tiger? Often overlooked beer from our local brewers.

I’d agree that Sunchaser is nicer, but Tiger is unique. It’s older and you don’t get many copper ales, let alone ones you can subconsciously associate with Leicester!

• Like 1

I’ll never not laugh at the Italians thinking Tennant’s Super is some sort of delicacy. Cold bottles of Menabrea take some beating though. In Turin currently and weirdly it’s been a proper shock to the senses, but in a good way: very little tourism, a lot of locals (forza Torino) who are out and about and everywhere is absolutely packed, I think the (I assume) more relaxed licensing laws here help, every man and his dog is serving Aperol. Think they do the best Aperativo here too, you almost don’t want your evening meal after the platters/buffets they serve here. On to Milano tomorrow. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

Partizan Brewery (tap currently on the Bermondsey Beer Mile) are leaving London and moving to Market Harborough, will be brewing at the Langton gaff. Apparently the landlord of the arches is putting the rent through the roof down there so I don't think they'll be the last. Will hopefully get some sort of tap in the county with any joy.

• Like 2