Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Partizan Brewery (tap currently on the Bermondsey Beer Mile) are leaving London and moving to Market Harborough, will be brewing at the Langton gaff. Apparently the landlord of the arches is putting the rent through the roof down there so I don't think they'll be the last. Will hopefully get some sort of tap in the county with any joy.

Brilliant. Bermondsey beer mile always p1ssed me off, probably more the clientele tbf. 

14 hours ago, westernpark said:

I am for paying it, but sometimes can’t help the crowd your with! Was expecting at least a pound cheaper. Soar Point are noticeably more expensive than the Loaded Dog, they need calling out.

leave reviews

Just finishing our trip in Venice and I’m going to start petitioning for newsagents in England to start selling booze like they do in Italy. @Stadti agree with what you said about the lack of designated bars, but it’s nice to just pick a couple of bottles up and wander around and for that to feel completely normal. We probably couldn’t be trusted in England because I suppose our relationship with alcohol is slightly different, but anyway, some lovely beers had. Ichnusa a new favourite of mine and one id never heard of before, as well as the Moretti double malt and the 7.2% Rossa Moretti. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Any suggestions for pinting in Glasgow ?

Hope this helps. Have a blast, it's a great city and I can't wait to go back in June. :beer:

On 06/12/2022 at 11:00, Voll Blau said:

Glasgow was an absolute treat at the weekend. A summary:

The Pot Still - Brilliant pub more famed for its whisky selection but had some nice ales on tap too. Didn't dig into it but their Bavarian beer selection was up there as well.

The Horse Shoe - As a local at the bar told me, an iconic Glasgow pub. More worth a visit for the architecture than beer but did a nice pint of West's St Mungo Lager.

Shilling Brewing Co - Big gaff in what I thought was a converted bank, but with a micropub feel. Was absolutely rammed on a Friday night just with normal folk on a night out, rather than beer hipsters or old men. Great to see.

Inn Deep - Cool pub in converted railway arches on the bank of the River Kelvin in the trendy West End. Assume it's run by Williams Brothers given the number of their beers available. Had a nice Czech Pilsner.

Bon Accord - Another cosy ale and whisky type boozer on the edge of the city centre. Could gladly have spent the whole afternoon in there if their card machine hadn't been broken. Had a Brass Castle Bad Kitty porter which was a very ideal cold, winter Sunday pint.

The Griffin - A corner pub near the Bon Accord with great architecture and loads of Skye ales. Tried some of their bottles during lockdown so was nice to finally have a pint of their stuff in a pub.

Will be back. Never been so gutted to leave a new city knowing how fvcking far away I live from it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Any suggestions for pinting in Glasgow ?

Agree with all Voll Blau suggestions. 

I was up there a few weekends ago and the city centre was jumping all afternoon and night. 

Can't go wrong with most pubs in the centre, take a punt and enjoy. The locals are friendly and up for a laugh. 

It's not so much about the beer, but the general vibe that makes it a great pub city. 

Just out of habit I go to Scotia for the guiness, Horseshoe, Rhoderick Dhu, Smokin Fox for the Tennants and sport on tv and the Admiral bar. All around Central station. 

Loads of places around Merchant city, usually go to Maggie Mays at some point. 

Bars around Parkhead, Ibrox and Hampden are a different ball game, but if that's where you are going I can do my best to advise (from an away fans point of view) 😃

• Like 2

On a Loch Ness pale right now. Levelling off after a wedding reception at a pub in Camden with a few other contributors to this thread last night. Had some decent Brixton efforts there, along with a nice peach ale whose name I forget. Was too far gone upon arrival to properly savour them though.

On 07/04/2023 at 00:11, CWC1983 said:

Agree with all Voll Blau suggestions. 

I was up there a few weekends ago and the city centre was jumping all afternoon and night. 

Can't go wrong with most pubs in the centre, take a punt and enjoy. The locals are friendly and up for a laugh. 

It's not so much about the beer, but the general vibe that makes it a great pub city. 

Just out of habit I go to Scotia for the guiness, Horseshoe, Rhoderick Dhu, Smokin Fox for the Tennants and sport on tv and the Admiral bar. All around Central station. 

Loads of places around Merchant city, usually go to Maggie Mays at some point. 

Bars around Parkhead, Ibrox and Hampden are a different ball game, but if that's where you are going I can do my best to advise (from an away fans point of view) 😃

Going to the Partick Thistle game actually, so I'm looking at a half hour walk from most places, which isn't the end of the world! Do fancy the Merchant City area, might have to get that down after the match perhaps.

15 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Going to the Partick Thistle game actually, so I'm looking at a half hour walk from most places, which isn't the end of the world! Do fancy the Merchant City area, might have to get that down after the match perhaps.

There's plenty on offer in FInneston; the area midway between Partick and the city. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Driving back from the darts in Munich....didn't really enjoy the German beer.Back in Belgium now and this stuff is great!

20230411_181639.jpg

Love that, have you had Kasteel rouge? That’s the best Belgian cherry beer imo.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Love that, have you had Kasteel rouge? That’s the best Belgian cherry beer imo.

No mate.is there anywhere over here that i could get it?All the German Beers i tried were much of a muchness,but the Belgian ones i tried were all quality!

12 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

No mate.is there anywhere over here that i could get it?All the German Beers i tried were much of a muchness,but the Belgian ones i tried were all quality!

Depends where you are? There’s a fair few beer shops that sell it. Even Tesco and Morrisons have a decent Belgian selection now with them selling it I think.

• Like 1

My last pint - won't ever be in a certain pub in Essex, embroiled in controversy because of the golliwog display behind the bar. 

I am really heartened that the police took a complaint from a member of the public seriously and visited the pub, confiscating the golliwogs.

The landlord has posted racist content on social media and is alleged to be a member of neo-Nazi Britain First, which he denies.

I am more disgusted than ever with Cruella Braverman, who has said that the police have better things to do than to investigate racist hate crime.

Is she that thick that she doesn't realise that racist imagery appeals to the basest reactions of some people and might actually encourage racist attacks on innocent people? 

23 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

My last pint - won't ever be in a certain pub in Essex, embroiled in controversy because of the golliwog display behind the bar. 

I am really heartened that the police took a complaint from a member of the public seriously and visited the pub, confiscating the golliwogs.

The landlord has posted racist content on social media and is alleged to be a member of neo-Nazi Britain First, which he denies.

I am more disgusted than ever with Cruella Braverman, who has said that the police have better things to do than to investigate racist hate crime.

Is she that thick that she doesn't realise that racist imagery appeals to the basest reactions of some people and might actually encourage racist attacks on innocent people? 

Not thick, well maybe she is, but she's certainly fond of a dog whistle which is what this is all about from her point of view.