Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Leeds heads, could you point me in the way of boozer for next Tuesday. City centre ideally that has an old man vibe with a decent selection of lagers for a group of Germans to enjoy please.

Whitelocks, Ship, Templar (can’t remember what selection is like but it’s an old man pub) or Duck & Drake. All decent pubs that I think you’d like. Do some decent pork pies in the latter.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Leeds heads, could you point me in the way of boozer for next Tuesday. City centre ideally that has an old man vibe with a decent selection of lagers for a group of Germans to enjoy please.

If you find yourself heading that way before the match – The Grove or Cross Keys are both *just* south of the station (about 20 mins walk to Elland Road), a stone's throw from each other and decent enough brother, not sure on the lager selection in the Grove but she's a stunner of a pub. Tuesday looks about the only day next week when it isn't pissing it down and the Cross Keys has got a good size yard out the back if its busy inside.

-------------

Bundo taking over the old Pint Shop unit in Brum on Bennett's Hill, they'll absolutely clean up there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

If you find yourself heading that way before the match – The Grove or Cross Keys are both *just* south of the station (about 20 mins walk to Elland Road), a stone's throw from each other and decent enough brother, not sure on the lager selection in the Grove but she's a stunner of a pub. Tuesday looks about the only day next week when it isn't pissing it down and the Cross Keys has got a good size yard out the back if its busy inside.

-------------

Bundo taking over the old Pint Shop unit in Brum on Bennett's Hill, they'll absolutely clean up there

Your man here still has ten months of his ban left so once they bob off to the game I will swing that way.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Just nipped in a pub before going home and they have Cruzcampo on draft, first time I've seen it since Seville. Took me back but can't remember if it was any good lol

I’m off on holiday in a few weeks and this is the hotel beer apparently so hopefully it’s alright 

On 20/04/2023 at 20:16, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

-------------

Ironically at work was telling people about Bundo and then as by magic, a day later the news was out.

14 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Just nipped in a pub before going home and they have Cruzcampo on draft, first time I've seen it since Seville. Took me back but can't remember if it was any good lol

I hate Cruzcampo with a passion. It’s gotta be one of the gassiest lagers available. 

19 hours ago, Stadt said:

Mahou is great, Babelas have it on and it's lovey 

I don’t know what the exact difference is, but the red bottles you can buy in supermarkets here aren’t as good as the green cans/bottles you can buy in Spain. 

I’ll wait for somebody to tell me they’re the same and make myself look a dick head but I stand by it! 

My dads waxing lyrical about Fuller’s 1845 at the minute and I must admit it’s a very nice drop. Absolute rocket fuel mind you I imagine there’s people on park benches in Putney and Kensington swigging that stuff. 

Just now, Manini said:

My dads waxing lyrical about Fuller’s 1845 at the minute and I must admit it’s a very nice drop. Absolute rocket fuel mind you I imagine there’s people on park benches in Putney and Kensington swigging that stuff. 

Was in London this weekend as my wife was running the Marathon.  Fuller's pubs are generally decent and I'm not adverse to a pint of London Pride.  It's a shame they sold out really but I guess pretty inevitable.  

31 minutes ago, JMenzfeld said:

Any pubs in Glasgow that I should really make a point of visiting? Will be in the city centre on Saturday evening and then for an hour or two after the Old Firm on Sunday.

Some for you mate. Assuming you may struggle on OF day if you look like you've obviously been to the football though.

On 06/12/2022 at 11:00, Voll Blau said:

Glasgow was an absolute treat at the weekend. A summary:

The Pot Still - Brilliant pub more famed for its whisky selection but had some nice ales on tap too. Didn't dig into it but their Bavarian beer selection was up there as well.

The Horse Shoe - As a local at the bar told me, an iconic Glasgow pub. More worth a visit for the architecture than beer but did a nice pint of West's St Mungo Lager.

Shilling Brewing Co - Big gaff in what I thought was a converted bank, but with a micropub feel. Was absolutely rammed on a Friday night just with normal folk on a night out, rather than beer hipsters or old men. Great to see.

Inn Deep - Cool pub in converted railway arches on the bank of the River Kelvin in the trendy West End. Assume it's run by Williams Brothers given the number of their beers available. Had a nice Czech Pilsner.

Bon Accord - Another cosy ale and whisky type boozer on the edge of the city centre. Could gladly have spent the whole afternoon in there if their card machine hadn't been broken. Had a Brass Castle Bad Kitty porter which was a very ideal cold, winter Sunday pint.

The Griffin - A corner pub near the Bon Accord with great architecture and loads of Skye ales. Tried some of their bottles during lockdown so was nice to finally have a pint of their stuff in a pub.

Will be back. Never been so gutted to leave a new city knowing how fvcking far away I live from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JMenzfeld said:

Any pubs in Glasgow that I should really make a point of visiting? Will be in the city centre on Saturday evening and then for an hour or two after the Old Firm on Sunday.

As above Bon Accord is nice, State bar too is one of my favourites. Three Judges in the west end is very good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A very nice porter from Swannay Brewery, which I'd never had before. Not as sickly sweet as some porters can be. 6.25 now in central London but it was very well kept and I don't mind paying an extra 1.5-2 pounds in a pub I like. 4.5 miles from my house. 

4 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Passing through London for work.   I was looking forward to sampling Euston Tap while waiting for my train home but coming down with a cold while travelling down.   Bugger.   

alcohol will stop it in its tracks