Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

On 04/05/2023 at 14:42, Unabomber said:

Oyster Catcher in the white horse brancaster, bloody delicious and great setting. Had a ghost ship the other day in Hunstanton and they served it in an inch’s cider glass. Not good! 

Fantastic pub, food is superb as well - I've eaten there many times.  

On 04/05/2023 at 14:42, Unabomber said:

Oyster Catcher in the white horse brancaster, bloody delicious and great setting. Had a ghost ship the other day in Hunstanton and they served it in an inch’s cider glass. Not good! 

One of my go to beers when I'm back in Norfolk. Branthill Farm sells them all as well as a few other Norfolk breweries. 

Brew By Numbers calling in the administrators feels like a big one. Black Sheep n all but looks like they’re still going to trade. 

One of my favourite gaffs in Leeds has closed too - The Highland. Probably the best Guinness the city had, was £4.20, had sky sports but didn’t attract sports bar bellends, old boozer that’s survived student accommodation being thrown up all around it but closed last weekend. Would be amazed if it reopens as a pub unfortunately. 

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Brew By Numbers calling in the administrators feels like a big one. Black Sheep n all but looks like they’re still going to trade. 

One of my favourite gaffs in Leeds has closed too - The Highland. Probably the best Guinness the city had, was £4.20, had sky sports but didn’t attract sports bar bellends, old boozer that’s survived student accommodation being thrown up all around it but closed last weekend. Would be amazed if it reopens as a pub unfortunately. 

Shame that.  Always been a really solid West Coast style brewery and decent blokes as well.  Didn't really follow the haze craze which I always respected.  

Make no mistake we are seeing just the beginning of the truly horrendous consequences for hospitality of the last few years of decision making by the government and the people generally.  Bounce back loans are soon repayable with no further options to defer. Do not under estimate the consequences of Brexit either.  

I used to export around 30% of my beer to France, Spain and Italy.  That virtually disappeared overnight for most breweries.  That's a fvck ton of beer now floating about the domestic market at the worst possible time, meaning prices are static but costs are up 30-40% on ingredients and production.

It's the perfect storm for breweries.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Met an old uni pal in Sheff today - the Vocation gaff (previously the Old House) is really really good and will hopefully pull a few trousers up round that way. Bungalows and Bears is barely arsed these days, feels like a dead horse.

Crap in B&B now you are right. Place just feels not arsed anymore. The bar manager a few years back was a fellow Leicester fan, gone down hill since he moved.

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Crap in B&B now you are right. Place just feels not arsed anymore. The bar manager a few years back was a fellow Leicester fan, gone down hill since he moved.

Used to like that place when I was at uni there but that was ages ago. Even then though it wasn’t that good. Is the Devonshire cat still going?

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah man its just a bit shite, coasting on its location but doesn't seem to know what it wants to do. Run of the mill selection. Used to be class for a discernible student / young pro crowd imo.

Gutted to hear the Dev Cat has become a crap bar.