Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

image.png.59e2cd6fdeb060933f41ddc09b38f490.png

This on my perfect draft machine. 

I'm not a big lager drinker but this has a really nice hoppy / orange undertone that makes it a bit different. 

Really smooth and not overly carbonated which is also better for taste. 

A top beer for sitting in the sun. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

image.png.59e2cd6fdeb060933f41ddc09b38f490.png

This on my perfect draft machine. 

I'm not a big lager drinker but this has a really nice hoppy / orange undertone that makes it a bit different. 

Really smooth and not overly carbonated which is also better for taste. 

A top beer for sitting in the sun. 

Sounds just the job. 

(I assume that the beer is the one on the glass)?

Sambrooks is a small brewery in Battersea - I’m not sure how far their beer travels, but Junction is really rather nice. 

I was lucky enough to spend a day there a few years ago helping make a Christmas beer for them. 

Currently sitting in the sun very much enjoying their Valiant IPA. 

Would recommend either of the above if you ever see it

B6524D99-8528-4EBE-9911-8746B0435C1E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Sambrooks is a small brewery in Battersea - I’m not sure how far their beer travels, but Junction is really rather nice. 

I was lucky enough to spend a day there a few years ago helping make a Christmas beer for them. 

Love a mini keg. What a Sunday for you! 

Had to graft yesterday and today but after each called it a day and went for a few lovely pints. Yesterday did Kirkstall Taproom, Meanwood Brewery, Meanwood Tavern then got home for Eurovision like a top lad 

Today strolled up to Horsforth and did Granvilles (class), Malt Brewhouse, Old Kings Arms, and now in the Bridge Inn where I've just paid £3.10 for a Kirkstall Three Swords, what a price what a region

Look at this bad lad yesterday, truly the Paris of the North 

IMG-0106.jpg

5 hours ago, Milo said:

Bottled wandle is the beer I drink most often, probably. Junction also really nice.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JMenzfeld said:

Bit of solo pinting in Edinburgh this weekend so any boozer recommendations would be appreciated.

Was there last Thursday, If you are into weird sour beers then Vault City Wee Vault is a must.

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Did they have guest beers from other breweries or just all sours?

Just sours and the DDF stout which is a collar with Neon Raptor.’ Wish I could buy that somewhere.

Defo try the apple soor if you haven’t already, had to order some more of them.

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just sours and the DDF stout which is a collar with Neon Raptor.’ Wish I could buy that somewhere.

Defo try the apple soor if you haven’t already, had to order some more of them.

Nice one. I’m thinking of going somewhere early December for a night or two and debating either Belfast, Dublin or Edinburgh. I really to get some more Vault City as not had any for a while, looking forward to that stout though!

43 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Nice one. I’m thinking of going somewhere early December for a night or two and debating either Belfast, Dublin or Edinburgh. I really to get some more Vault City as not had any for a while, looking forward to that stout though!

Out of the 3 cities, and I only have very limited experience of the all, I would recommend Edinburgh.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Out of the 3 cities, and I only have very limited experience of the all, I would recommend Edinburgh.

Edinburgh is lovely but I have to say I probably preferred my weekend in Belfast.  It may just be expectations were different but it felt less touristy and was incredibly friendly.  Boundary brewery tap was great craic and the Sunflower pub was just brilliant.  They did have TT over on of various breweries that weekend but I hear it's really good generally. 

The food market was awesome as well for food and drink.  

That said, can't really go wrong with either and Edinburgh is prettier.  Plus you get the added benefit of whisky bars.  

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

Edinburgh is lovely but I have to say I probably preferred my weekend in Belfast.  It may just be expectations were different but it felt less touristy and was incredibly friendly.  Boundary brewery tap was great craic and the Sunflower pub was just brilliant.  They did have TT over on of various breweries that weekend but I hear it's really good generally. 

The food market was awesome as well for food and drink.  

That said, can't really go wrong with either and Edinburgh is prettier.  Plus you get the added benefit of whisky bars.  

I was going to say Belfast is the one I’ve spent the least time in, only passing through really and then going around to have a look at the murals and stuff. I’m there on Friday actually as I have mates that live about 40 mins outside but doubt we see much of the centre again.

Was lucky with the weather in Edinburgh last week and like you say it is pretty but very touristy. I did a walking tour which went into the Vaults under a bridge which was very cool.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I was going to say Belfast is the one I’ve spent the least time in, only passing through really and then going around to have a look at the murals and stuff. I’m there on Friday actually as I have mates that live about 40 mins outside but doubt we see much of the centre again.

Was lucky with the weather in Edinburgh last week and like you say it is pretty but very touristy. I did a walking tour which went into the Vaults under a bridge which was very cool.

Can't go wrong with Edinburgh, last time I went at Christmas and it was very atmospheric.

Hope you manage to get a bit of time in the centre of Belfast.  Fascinating place really. 

One abiding memory I have is of having quite literally the best end of night takeaway of my life, ridiculously good kebab with fresh coriander and what were clearly hand cut chips with homemade mayo.  Just from some random dodgy looking kebab shop.  Apparently this is normal.  8 pints of good beer and an amped up kebab, I was a pig in sh1t 😂

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Can't go wrong with Edinburgh, last time I went at Christmas and it was very atmospheric.

Hope you manage to get a bit of time in the centre of Belfast.  Fascinating place really. 

One abiding memory I have is of having quite literally the best end of night takeaway of my life, ridiculously good kebab with fresh coriander and what were clearly hand cut chips with homemade mayo.  Just from some random dodgy looking kebab shop.  Apparently this is normal.  8 pints of good beer and an amped up kebab, I was a pig in sh1t 😂

Sounds like the dream. Hopefully I can convince my mates to go out drinking there, recon taxi back will cost a fortune but sounds worth it.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Porter from Hop Shed of Worcester. From the name of the brewery you'd imagine some over-hopped cloudy craft beer, but this is beautiful. Top 3 beers of 2023 so far.

347770944_926384775240327_6898810452815158180_n.thumb.jpg.bf000107cbeaf77ee44f5c4e01e06dd2.jpg

Where from?