Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

On 16/05/2023 at 16:22, Costock_Fox said:

Was there last Thursday, If you are into weird sour beers then Vault City Wee Vault is a must.

I doubt weird sour beers will be my scene but it’s close enough to my hotel so can’t hurt to try. Cheers!

On 16/05/2023 at 13:46, JMenzfeld said:

Bit of solo pinting in Edinburgh this weekend so any boozer recommendations would be appreciated.

• Kay's Bar - New Town
  • Malt & Hops - Leith 
  • Teutcher's Landing - Leith 
  • Bennet's Bar 
  • Black Cat - New Town (The Kenilworth down the road is a beautiful looking pub but beer is very standard). 
  • Salt Horse if you like your craft - Old Town 

To be fair, your average pub in Edinburgh is still a proper pub, so a good walk around is advisable 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Thanks 1

Pint of Jandals & Togs Gluten Free Super Session Pale Ale (yes I copied that off their website) from the Round Corner Micro Brewery at Cheese Fair in Melton Market yesterday.

Only 3.4% ABV but I was driving later so it fitted the bill. It wasn't quite as smooth as i would have liked but a on a warm sunny day it was a decent pint. 

https://roundcornerbrewing.com/ 

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Butcombe Brewery Tall Tales pale. Decent. £11.90 for two pints stings though. 

Really enjoyed the Butcombe stuff when I was in Bristol and Somerset a couple of years ago. You don't see it up here.

45 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Great brewery and one that has stuck to their principles. I’m getting their beers for my wedding.

Great choice, their Imperial Brown Stout is one of my favourite beers.  Possibly not a good choice for a wedding at 9.5% that one.  Or maybe the perfect choice... 

46 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Great choice, their Imperial Brown Stout is one of my favourite beers.  Possibly not a good choice for a wedding at 9.5% that one.  Or maybe the perfect choice... 

lol yeah maybe not that. I’m planning on getting ipa’s, pales and pilsners. Whichever they have fresh near the time. 

• Like 1

Had a few pints of Maggies Leap over in Northern Ireland, decent stuff. A few Guinnesses and another local that I can’t remember the name of.

Non beer wise, there was a distillery about 3 miles from my mates house and he took us to the shop. They let you try anything for free which was really decent.

• Like 1