Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

31 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’m off to Birmingham tomorrow and that means I get to go to The Wellington and The Colmore and I for one, am excited. 

The Bull and Queens Arms are great, little bit further out but well worth going 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Keg, I think it was five quid on the dot. Very reasonable, in comparison to the Everards prices that have been discussed recently.

Cheers. The cask version of blue fox is ****ing lovely. If you get chance then get one in you.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The Bull and Queens Arms are great, little bit further out but well worth going 

I might be wrong but I think I put you on to The Bull when you asked in here before, I love it and glad it was up your street too. I would usually make the effort, but i’m tying it in with work so confined to New Street area. 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I might be wrong but I think I put you on to The Bull when you asked in here before, I love it and glad it was up your street too. I would usually make the effort, but i’m tying it in with work so confined to New Street area. 

Ah yes I think that was the case sorry! Did enjoy it 

4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Will probably central. So far the list will probably be the Tap, Old Queens Head, Rutland, Grapes, Red deer. 

Very open for suggestions though 

Excellent list, go to the Bath hotel after the Red Deer

On 26/05/2023 at 09:46, Lako42 said:

The wheatsheaf Woodhouse usually have Vixen on which is fantastic. 

On 26/05/2023 at 10:13, Unabomber said:

Curzon arms

Thanks for the tips guys.   Not strictly in the spirit of this thread but Curzon Arms' food was god tier.   Vixen was really decent as well but think Wheatsheaf Arms would work best as winter pub instead of summer pub. 

6 hours ago, The Blur said:

Thanks for the tips guys.   Not strictly in the spirit of this thread but Curzon Arms' food was god tier.   Vixen was really decent as well but think Wheatsheaf Arms would work best as winter pub instead of summer pub. 

They do a bloody good Sunday roast. Glad you enjoyed it. 

23 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Back in London next Saturday, got: Southampton arms, pineapple, the duke, lamb, seven stars (all 3 Bloomsbury), cross keys (Covent garden) planned before dinner at park row. Don’t think I’m missing anything worthwhile on that route from NW to central? 

Love Seven Stars. Did a pub crawl with some Americans the winter before Covid and it was their favorite, very atmospheric. 

Lamb isn't as good as it was imo. Haven't been to Cross keys in years but hope it's still as idiosyncratic as it always was

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Back in London next Saturday, got: Southampton arms, pineapple, the duke, lamb, seven stars (all 3 Bloomsbury), cross keys (Covent garden) planned before dinner at park row. Don’t think I’m missing anything worthwhile on that route from NW to central? 

Tapping the Admiral out the way?

-----

Back down myself for the first time in a couple of months next weekend, Arctics on Friday with an all dayer then up and at them again on the Saturday. Staying round the corner from Sutton Arms so will be doing the holy trinity of there, the Fountain and the Wenlock, maybe Earl of Essex n all on the Friday pre gig. Might have a look round Bethnal Green on the Sat then onto Hackney bebbehhhhh

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Tapping the Admiral out the way?

-----

Back down myself for the first time in a couple of months next weekend, Arctics on Friday with an all dayer then up and at them again on the Saturday. Staying round the corner from Sutton Arms so will be doing the holy trinity of there, the Fountain and the Wenlock, maybe Earl of Essex n all on the Friday pre gig. Might have a look round Bethnal Green on the Sat then onto Hackney bebbehhhhh

Not been to tapping the admiral for years. That old street triangle is brilliant for drinking, wasted on the media corporates in off the shelf m&s suits and foreign students around there. If you fancy a beer on the Saturday, give me a shout! Will be with two esteemed pint men from Leicester