Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

You should check out the left handed giant brewpub. I’ve not been but looks good 

It’s very good. Great setting and the games bit upstairs with darts etc means you can make a night of it. One of my favourites in Bristol (beer good too obv). 

7 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Tapping the Admiral out the way?

-----

Back down myself for the first time in a couple of months next weekend, Arctics on Friday with an all dayer then up and at them again on the Saturday. Staying round the corner from Sutton Arms so will be doing the holy trinity of there, the Fountain and the Wenlock, maybe Earl of Essex n all on the Friday pre gig. Might have a look round Bethnal Green on the Sat then onto Hackney bebbehhhhh

Shame I’m down there the following Saturday. Let me know any good places mate, we are around Hackney Wick.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Shame I’m down there the following Saturday. Let me know any good places mate, we are around Hackney Wick.

Hackney tap, hackney church brew company, pembury tavern. The market is fun. Walk down towards London fields to eat at Brat and go to the five points brewery 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Not been to tapping the admiral for years. That old street triangle is brilliant for drinking, wasted on the media corporates in off the shelf m&s suits and foreign students around there. If you fancy a beer on the Saturday, give me a shout! Will be with two esteemed pint men from Leicester 

I love Tapping the Admiral, still remarkably cheap on cask n all, think it was £4.20 for a Five Points porter the last time I went in (admittedly around this time last year!). Used to like the Dartmouth Arms round the corner from the Pineapple / Soton but as a cask boy it's gone to shit. If I'm in any fit state on the Saturday I'll let you know aha, I'll probably look like Alan bloody Brazil at that stage 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Like @grobyfox1990 said brother the Pembury Tavern is class and the Tap is decent. Don't think he was a fan of the Chesham Arms from memory but I thought it was good if a bit part time drinker-y and it's got a tidy garden if the suns out guns out. I like the Cock Tavern, great choice there but no outside seating.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I love Tapping the Admiral, still remarkably cheap on cask n all, think it was £4.20 for a Five Points porter the last time I went in (admittedly around this time last year!). Used to like the Dartmouth Arms round the corner from the Pineapple / Soton but as a cask boy it's gone to shit. If I'm in any fit state on the Saturday I'll let you know aha, I'll probably look like Alan bloody Brazil at that stage 

Like @grobyfox1990 said brother the Pembury Tavern is class and the Tap is decent. Don't think he was a fan of the Chesham Arms from memory but I thought it was good if a bit part time drinker-y and it's got a tidy garden if the suns out guns out. I like the Cock Tavern, great choice there but no outside seating.

Lol Alan Brazil now there’s a name I’ve not heard for a while. Used to often see him drunk during the day around Canary Wharf, usually in the gun. 

Yeh always found Chesham arms a bit too m&s/Topman, admittedly I stopped living in that area in 2019 so a lot probably changed. Cock tavern is a great shout

Had a great pint of Hackney Blonde last night. It popped up this week on my local's rotating beers.

Mentioned it before in this thread but not had it since, and I think that was September/October time last year.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

On 10/06/2023 at 08:32, Stuntman_Mike said:

On the topic of London pubs, any suggestions near Finsbury Park way?

I'm down there at the end of the month with my brothers for a few pre gig sherberts :beer:

The plimsoll / Four Legs there is good. Food is outstanding 

• Thanks 1

Going up to Liverpool this Saturday for a day city break.   Any pub recommendations?  I would have used the search function for this topic but it has never worked for me in the past.  

Edited by The Blur

On 12/06/2023 at 22:13, CosbehFox said:

Across the road to Dead Crafty if you like your beers in the IPA category. 

Thomas Rigby on the same street is a proper traditional pub. Pharmonica similar. 

Thanks- do you meant Philharmonic?  

Edited by The Blur

15 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Been looking at Malta for a stag do this week, how’s the drinking/nightlife? 

Complete and utter carnage in Paceville/St Julian. Do it and live in Nordic Bar.

Valetta and Mdina are great for things to do outside of getting pissed as well. I’d definitely recommend it.

Edited by Costock_Fox

Christ I've had some bloody pints since Friday. Sutton Arms, Queens Head and McGlynns on Friday perched outside were phenomenal jobs. 

Yesterdays Old Fountain, Wenlock and the Earl bevs were bloody glorious n all, met my future wife about 30 times in the Earl, mes qué un clientele. 

• Like 2