Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Buzzing for London on Saturday, not been drinking much this year due to getting married in September. Spending Saturday boozing around Hackney, Sunday we are looking for an area to go to for a decent pub lunch. Anyone have any recommendations? Cheers

Edited by Unabomber

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Buzzing for London on Saturday, not been drinking much this year due to getting married in September. Spending Saturday boozing around Hackney, Sunday we are looking for an area to go to for a decent pub lunch. Anyone have any recommendations? Cheers

I had a cracking time in the 'De Beauvoir Arms' food, atmosphere and drink was great, it was a weekend and the sun was out which made it better of course! 

Worth a visit even if it's just for a drink imo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

I had a cracking time in the 'De Beauvoir Arms' food, atmosphere and drink was great, it was a weekend and the sun was out which made it better of course! 

Worth a visit even if it's just for a drink imo. 

Cool not heard of that one will check it out. We have booked an outside table at the Hackney tap for a couple of ours so looking forward to that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Cool not heard of that one will check it out. We have booked an outside table at the Hackney tap for a couple of ours so looking forward to that.

that'll be nice, if you go let me know what you think!

Currently enjoying a pint at the West Brewery on Glasgow Green. Been meaning to come here since trying their beers in the pandemic (someone on here recommended them - ta!)

Had a Loch Lomond Bonnie & Blonde session pale in the Pot Still earlier. Will be dragging my missus round to a couple of past favourites later, along with some new gaffs I've also earmarked. Worra city for a few scoops on a Friday.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2023 at 07:04, Unabomber said:

Bloomsbury is underrated in my opinion. Lots of nice, laid back pubs, very relaxed atmosphere, second hand bookshops, nice squares. Very few bankers and hipsters so it's all good. More intellectual types, like me obviously. The Duke is a really amazing art deco pub and I like the food there. The Lamb also is supposed to do great roasts but I feel like it's gone downhill slightly in the last year.

Just now, bovril said:

Bloomsbury is underrated in my opinion. Lots of nice, laid back pubs, very relaxed atmosphere, second hand bookshops, nice squares. Very few bankers and hipsters so it's all good. More intellectual types, like me obviously. The Duke is a really amazing art deco pub and I like the food there. The Lamb also is supposed to do great roasts but I feel like it's gone downhill slightly in the last year.

So just checked and the Duke is closed Sunday :( 

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Lord John Russell does Sunday lunches and nice ales. Proper solid London boozer imo. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Currently enjoying a pint at the West Brewery on Glasgow Green. Been meaning to come here since trying their beers in the pandemic (someone on here recommended them - ta!)

Always fancied a session at West but never get out of the city centre unless it's boozing around Hampden. 

The Weisse beer is beautiful and some glasgow pubs used to do a West organic lager on tap that was good. 

St Mungo gives me a right sair heed. 

I got deliveries sent down to Leicesterhire during the pandemic as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Some sort of seasonal special from Everard's (DDH lolz double of nothing remains nothing) last night at the Cricketers.  What a drongo den that place is.   Absolutely laden with characters.  

Most tattoos per capita of any Leicester pub 

• Like 1

One for Derby POW lads- nipped into Brunswick Inn last week.   

Bristol Beer Factory Milk Stout and blood orange IPA from a brewery that I cannot recall the name of.    The former disappointed as I had it before from Tap which was bloody lovely.    The latter was quite nice.    My mates liked the pub but I just cannot vibe with it- quite busy for Wednesday so it got its regulars.   Interesting layout and train theme mind!

Also went to Ship and Mitre in Liverpool as recommended by @CosbehFox

Great crowd,  good variety and the decor in the back was good.   It even still has these retro pub quiz machine which I absolutely love.  

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

Guys.   I think I have found the one.  Holy Grail of all pubs,  the hill that I will die by recommending it to you guys.  

Holly Bush Inn in Makeney (near to Belper in Derbyshire)

It is bit of a pain to get to but holy moly what a pub.    It is an old countryside pub that features are retained- beams,slate floors, cavernous feel and best of all three fireplaces to roast by in the winter.   Excellent variety of ales (they bring up jug of Marston's Pedigree from the cellar!),  wholesome filling lunch dishes and good crowd/vibe.    Outdoors area is newish but decent enough.   

I mean- just look at this!

Screenshot_20230628_074157_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

• Like 3