Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

47 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Keep meaning to go as it's only up the road from me. Any good?

Yeah it was great, I only had 1 due to driving but would love to spend an afternoon there. Great can selection to take away.

• Like 1

Good places to drink near the Premier Inn in Leeds (wellington street) 

I can see the Kirkstall brewery tap is just down the street. 

Also any top notch Indians or other decent places to grab a meal after the test? 

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Also any top notch Indians or other decent places to grab a meal after the test? 

Directly opposite you’ve got Hoist. It’s just a regular bar to be honest, but decent selection of beers on usually. Turn right out the hotel and go past the station and you’ve got Bankers Cat, Tapped, Friends of Ham. Another 5 min walk and you’ll be on Briggate and you’ve obviously got Whitelocks on there but also The Angle which is a smiths, Pack Horse and The Ship which I personally enjoy (old boy type gaffs).

About a 5 min walk to the right of the hotel you’ve got Brew Society which is a quirky little place with a very good selection of beers on usually. 

Curry, take your pick. Nawaab’s is 2 mins from where you’re staying, that’s a favourite with the cricket crowd usually. Bundobust also isn’t far but more street food (but just as good as any curry house for the price imo), Theravadu also next door to Bundo and, depending on what you choose to read/believe, Is Virat Kholi’s favourite restaurant in the UK. 

Edited by Manini
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Manini said:

Directly opposite you’ve got Hoist. It’s just a regular bar to be honest, but decent selection of beers on usually. Turn right out the hotel and go past the station and you’ve got Bankers Cat, Tapped, Friends of Ham. Another 5 min walk and you’ll be on Briggate and you’ve obviously got Whitelocks on there but also The Angle which is a smiths, Pack Horse and The Ship which I personally enjoy (old boy type gaffs).

About a 5 min walk to the right of the hotel you’ve got Brew Society which is a quirky little place with a very good selection of beers on usually. 

Curry, take your pick. Nawaab’s is 2 mins from where you’re staying, that’s a favourite with the cricket crowd usually. Bundobust also isn’t far but more street food (but just as good as any curry house for the price imo), Theravadu also next door to Bundo and, depending on what you choose to read/believe, Is Virat Kholi’s favourite restaurant in the UK. 

Excellent thanks, I'll take a look 

7 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Aagrah - Can’t remember which street it’s on (had a few last time I went), but was absolutely spot on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

A pint of Space Midnight Cowboy(something like that), coffee stout at the two tailed lion. Seems a bit busier in town tonight.

Was in TTL on Saturday night and it’s the busiest I’ve seen it on a non football day. Good to see

Yeah TTL has perked up a bit, started taking part in the quiz there recently. Nice to see Round Corner and Braybrooke beers stocked, the county's brewery scene is strong atm.

3 hours ago, matty2702 said:

Been to quorn a few times and usually end up in the white horse. Anyone got any recommendations for the others? Not for food, just a few ales! 

Walk in and choose a beer. 

Tell us if it's any good

On 07/07/2023 at 11:21, matty2702 said:

Been to quorn a few times and usually end up in the white horse. Anyone got any recommendations for the others? Not for food, just a few ales! 

White hart do a good Guinness. Friday nights are good in there

Apple tree is your typical sports pub local which is decent too