Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

6 minutes ago, Manini said:

I swear nobody actually knows the “proper” route anyway. Some say that you need to finish on Fenton, Strawbs and then Dry Dock but in my opinion no man (or woman) should ever have to endure Strawbs. I’m not even certain it’s still there! It’s usually get to Library and then everyone for themselves and I think that’s a good effort getting there anyway. 

All the best @SemperEadem, the equivalent of a boozing iron man in my opinion. 

Aye that's true there are differing versions with differing numbers of pubs.  I think you're spot on, by the Library the whole thing is descending and at that point people are doing there own thing.   

12 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Back from 2018, my list has in the centre of Brighton:- 

Evening star 

craft beer co. 
Brighton bierhouse 

East street Tap 

Prince Albert 

north Laine 

Brighton Beer Dispensary - this was excellent 

The Pond

Hove had Bison Beer, The Brunswick and The Urchin. 

Some may closed down since. Christ five years ago. 

Edit FFS BB Dispensary is closed down 

Loved the Evening Star post-Brighton away in 2019.

Would add The Quadrant to that list too.

• Like 1

The last time I took part in the Otley run I joined halfway through as we had Huddersfield away in 2019. It was my mate's 21st, he broke his knee and I couldn't find the hotel as my phone died - so I got about 45 minutes' kip in the train station after walking around Leeds all night. We go again Satdeh.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2023 at 11:48, Stadt said:

The last time I took part in the Otley run I joined halfway through as we had Huddersfield away in 2019. It was my mate's 21st, he broke his knee and I couldn't find the hotel as my phone died - so I got about 45 minutes' kip in the train station after walking around Leeds all night. We go again Satdeh.

I can't wait for the photos 

In Leeds my good self today with workmates from Brum. Which has got me thinking where is  MTWG?

Bit concerned for my well-being cos I’m more of a test match drinker these days. Calls to ‘go back out’ are going to get a ‘waiting’ shout from me

Edited by CosbehFox

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

In Leeds my good self today with workmates from Brum. Which has got me thinking where is  MTWG?

Bit concerned for my well-being cos I’m more of a test match drinker these days. Calls to ‘go back out’ are going to get a ‘waiting’ shout from me

Been thinking the same mate about Miquel. I've asked a couple of times about his whereabouts on the forum but nobody has replied 😕

Made a load of casks for a festival…

…which was cancelled after the beer tents (and everything else) blew away. 

Not entirely sure what to do with half a dozen tapped casks of highly delicious craft ale. 

Suggestions??! 

1D96E606-4F55-40C5-B7F5-92CA642F6703.jpeg.d448b97b4d693f843571e21ec3c164f4.jpeg

Just now, Milo said:

Made a load of casks for a festival…

…which was cancelled after the beer tents (and everything else) blew away. 

Not entirely sure what to do with half a dozen tapped casks of highly delicious craft ale. 

Suggestions??! 

1D96E606-4F55-40C5-B7F5-92CA642F6703.jpeg.d448b97b4d693f843571e21ec3c164f4.jpeg

An early round at Staverton and we make a damn good go at it? 

I reckon I could do 2 kegs alone

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Anyone got any good recommendations for Cardiff? Going down in September to see Scooter.

Three that are within walking distance of each other in the centre are Queens Vaults (had very well kept cask beer last I went, bit of an odd venue). Tiny Rebel Cardiff - usually excellent cask and keg selection but can get rammed if there's stuff on at the stadium.  Opposite Tiny Rebel (and better imo) is the City Arms.  Proper boozer, usually has a decent beer selection.

Edit: I really like Cardiff, definitely plenty of decent pubs and eateries and usually good craic generally. 

Edited by Bordersfox
  • Thanks 1