Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

9 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Do Everards lease them all out to the brewery then or something? 

I've just been on their website for the first time and only now seen that they're Staffordshire based.

I naively thought they were Liverpool based what with the obvious connection and that I'd never seen any of their stuff on tap anywhere else.

Yeah, the captain of the Titanic was from Stoke giving them their name 

• Like 1

Was In Newcastle for work yesterday, office is on the quayside so had a pint of Paulaner in The Broad Chare. Also went to Bridge Tav which I think is the best pub in the city personally. They had a Valut City on draft, sour blue raspberry number, it was £12 a pint so I just asked for a taste instead and it blew my undies off. Absolutely delicious and it was bright blue, but not whilst there’s a hole in my arse will I pay £12 for a pint of anything. Settled on a Stella instead for a change. 

An outstanding boozing city by the way. 

Edited by Manini
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Was In Newcastle for work yesterday, office is on the quayside so had a pint of Paulaner in The Broad Chare. Also went to Bridge Tav which I think is the best pub in the city personally. They had a Valut City on draft, sour blue raspberry number, it was £12 a pint so I just asked for a taste instead and it blew my undies off. Absolutely delicious and it was bright blue, but not whilst there’s a hole in my arse will I pay £12 for a pint of anything. Settled on a Stella instead for a change. 

Im about to buy a few of the blue sour cans this afternoon. 

My brother is involved in the collaboration of the blue beer with Vault, so I've asked him to keep a few aside for me. 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

A complete and utter piss take 

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

A complete and utter piss take 

4.5% ABV as well so not as if it was priced for smaller measures like some higher % beers are. I’ll buy some online to enjoy at home, no wonder you don’t see it on tap very often! 

9 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Im about to buy a few of the blue sour cans this afternoon. 

My brother is involved in the collaboration of the blue beer with Vault, so I've asked him to keep a few aside for me. 

Ahh is it a limited edition type thing? As I say, it really was a lovely drink if you’re in to sours. 

Just now, Manini said:

4.5% ABV as well so not as if it was priced for smaller measures 

Yea I saw that which prompted my comment. A complete rip-off 

I'm having a few months off the beer I think and I'll save a ****ing fortune based on the price of a pint today.

6 minutes ago, Manini said:

Ahh is it a limited edition type thing? As I say, it really was a lovely drink if you’re in to sours. 

Yeah, I think it is. 

£4.50 a 330ml can which I gather is just about enough given how sweet it is. 

Vault city's Sunshine on Portobello is lovely, mango sour with harebeno chilli. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2023 at 11:41, Manini said:

It’s not meant to be drunk in pints but that pricing is a shambles. They had it on in brew in Ashby and it was about £4.75 for 2/3 pint from memory. I just had a taster and was crazy, tastes exactly like the sweets. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Had a cracking couple of pints of Lukas lager  in Totley post game at my bros micro pub.

You must be a rubbish brother as I think you have posted a fair bit in this thread but that is the first time you have mentioned that 😄 

22 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Whats it called?

Tunnel tap. 

14 hours ago, The Blur said:

You must be a rubbish brother as I think you have posted a fair bit in this thread but that is the first time you have mentioned that 😄 

lol

To be fair he's only been there a couple of months!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1