Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Two solid pints in Marylebone today. Polari Pale Ale from Portobello Brewing, and Snow Leopard Ale from Nuttycombe Brewing. Don’t hate on the tourist, I’m just looking to try things I can’t get at home lol 

8 minutes ago, NJFox said:

Two solid pints in Marylebone today. Polari Pale Ale from Portobello Brewing, and Snow Leopard Ale from Nuttycombe Brewing. Don’t hate on the tourist, I’m just looking to try things I can’t get at home lol 

I had the Snow Leopard in the King’s Head, Leicester. Interesting beer.

Eight quid for a pint of Cobra and twenty five quid for the burger and chips that’s on its way. The staff at Hilton Heathrow should wear highwayman masks. 

IMG_6870.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Eight quid for a pint of Cobra and twenty five quid for the burger and chips that’s on its way. The staff at Hilton Heathrow should wear highwayman masks. 

IMG_6870.jpeg

Shit I’m there Tuesday 

34 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Shit I’m there Tuesday 

£15 for two bottles on the roof terrace - but it’s a cracking place to watch them all coming and going. 

IMG_6877.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Nice where you off to?

Conference in Warsaw. Two day event, I’ve blagged a full week in the Marriott to get away from the family. Seeing the event is paying the flights and accommodation, I reckon I can afford a couple more beers 😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Rome early wed, driving down Tuesday for hotel/parking

Queue for security clearance is INSANE. It is all the way out of the building - never seen the like. Even the priority queue was a bit of a slog. 

Plus, thanks Heathrow, they’ve brought back the 100ml liquid limit and you have to get all your tech out again. 

On 09/06/2024 at 19:03, Daggers said:

£15 for two bottles on the roof terrace - but it’s a cracking place to watch them all coming and going. 

IMG_6877.jpeg

Turns out I’m at a different place. Hilton T5. They tried to charge me 88p service charge on top of the £7 for the pint of Stella. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Turns out I’m at a different place. Hilton T5. They tried to charge me 88p service charge on top of the £7 for the pint of Stella. 

At least it seems getting through security was easy today - 15 mins according to the holiday thread

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

At least it seems getting through security was easy today - 15 mins according to the holiday thread

Oh don’t worry the wife has made sure the taxi is booked for 4:30 for a 6:45 flight :nigel:

• Haha 1

One of life's great pleasures is a solo pint on a weekday afternoon. I always ensure I sit in the furthest corner of the local, making it quite apparent that small talk is neither required nor welcome.   

Proper Job.  Perfectly decent for the location.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Anyone got any recommendations for any brewpubs in Leicester?

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

There aren't any as far as I'm aware. Don't think we even have a city brewery anymore  

Probably the closest thing to it would be Ale Wagon. But their beers are now brewed by Tower Brewery I believe.

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Anyone got any recommendations for any brewpubs in Leicester?

Do you mean pubs that brew on site or pubs that are owned and sell predominantly there own beer? 

If the latter then the Salmon and Kings are BCA I think. 

I was thinking breweries with taps.

Shame if there aren't any, thought they were becoming more popular in general as there have been quite a few pop up in Liverpool in recent years.