Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Where is good now there? Been a while since I’ve been 

Imo Rutland Arms, Bath Hotel, Fagans and Shakespeare's (and that's only from what I did today, all revisits and all class) up there with any in the country but the vibe of the place is always great I think. You've got three or four fantastic little pockets and it's a friendlier city than Leeds or Manchester for my money 

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Imo Rutland Arms, Bath Hotel, Fagans and Shakespeare's (and that's only from what I did today) up there with any in the country but the vibe of the place is always great I think. You've got three or four fantastic little pockets and it's a friendlier city than Leeds or Manchester for my money 

Thanks brother. I went uni there and loved it back then 

On 26/07/2024 at 19:56, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Imo Rutland Arms, Bath Hotel, Fagans and Shakespeare's (and that's only from what I did today, all revisits and all class) up there with any in the country but the vibe of the place is always great I think. You've got three or four fantastic little pockets and it's a friendlier city than Leeds or Manchester for my money 

Was it the Arctic Monkeys or the Smiths that the Rutland Arms banned on the jukebox? And does it still have that little garden out back? Was a regular haunt when I was at Uni but haven't been for years.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Was it the Arctic Monkeys or the Smiths that the Rutland Arms banned on the jukebox? And does it still have that little garden out back? Was a regular haunt when I was at Uni but haven't been for years.

Arctic Monkeys, I got sick of hearing them at uni there although I’ve never been a massive fan anyway

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Yeah thats the place.

22 hours ago, Stadt said:

Arctic Monkeys, I got sick of hearing them at uni there although I’ve never been a massive fan anyway

They started to get famous my last year there, which was quite good fun. Saw the drummer a couple of times out and about. Watching bands at a pub I sometimes went to - the Grapes maybe? But was never really a massive fan of their music. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Impressed with Guinness 0%. Best non-alcoholic pint out there. 

I have heard this from multiple people. But I can only really get into non-alcoholic larger (especially Peroni 0%). Since the start of this year I've been having more non-alcoholic when at home.

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Impressed with Guinness 0%. Best non-alcoholic pint out there. 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm a Lucky Saint boy on the 0%er front, maybe because I don't drink lager that much so I'm no connoisseur 

The real winners for me on the zero front 

Done some great pubs over the last week:

Wednesday: White Lion Rempstone

Thursday: Ye Olde Mitre Holborn London

Friday: Colmore Birmingham

Saturday: Navigation Barrow, Pinsent and Swan Mountsorrel

Sunday I had my homebrewed American Pale Ale from my Pinter which I've bought recently. Was very pleasantly surprised!

In desperate need of a few weeks off so I don't end up looking like Alan Brazil... Then it's back on it in Belfast and Southwold 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

That stuff gives me the shits for some reason.  Voted IPA of the year.

Where was it voted that as it’s a pale ale. Sorry to hear about the shits though