Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Best place for a pint in Horsforth please @Miquel The Work Geordie?

Cask preferably.

There's a few now brother! Three Swords is a Kirkstall gaff been open for about a year, Old Kings Arms has nothing too exotic but nice pub and well kept beer, Granville's will have the best choice. 

There's loads of others that are okay / decent enough - Malt Brewhouse (a bit pizza and pool tables) and Town St Tavern (which I think is now just called Tavern) are both fine / good depending on what day you find them!

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Love that pub

One of my favourites, never had a bad experience. 

Beautiful part of the world as well, lucky my Miss's family has a place down there so we go quite often! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

There's a few now brother! Three Swords is a Kirkstall gaff been open for about a year, Old Kings Arms has nothing too exotic but nice pub and well kept beer, Granville's will have the best choice. 

There's loads of others that are okay / decent enough - Malt Brewhouse (a bit pizza and pool tables) and Town St Tavern (which I think is now just called Tavern) are both fine / good depending on what day you find them!

Cheers mate, like the look of Granville's. Definitely need to check out Three Swords too, just haven't ever properly explored Horsforth before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Cheers mate, like the look of Granville's. Definitely need to check out Three Swords too, just haven't ever properly explored Horsforth before. 

It's quite a good crawl mate, there's a couple of decent places to watch sport that aren't awash with arseholes either (unlike Leeds itself)

Just got back from Belfast yesterday. Managed to tick off a fair few of the pubs: John Hewitt, Duke of York, Kelly's, Maddens, The Sunflower, The Garrick and the Crown. Such a good pub city with a great variety of pubs. I struggled to even get a seat in some places on a Monday night! Seemed to be slightly more expansive beer options than Dublin too, but still quite a bit less than you get here.

Certainly not the prettiest city, but there's a buzz about the place and it seems to be thriving from tourism atm. 

• Like 1

On 20/08/2024 at 06:55, SemperEadem said:

Few local ales in the Crown Sheringham.

What beers did they have on?

I've never been but friends and family rave about the Pigs near Holt. Nice part of Norfolk too, between Holt and Aylsham. 

11 hours ago, bovril said:

What beers did they have on?

I've never been but friends and family rave about the Pigs near Holt. Nice part of Norfolk too, between Holt and Aylsham. 

I’ll check that out next week 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Load of gamma ray at the hind. Tore off a ‘Stevenage spurs’ sticker covering a ‘union fs 2013’ sticker in the toilet. My good deed done for the day 

The cask stuff there is awful but I generally like the pub.

• Like 2

Had two after work in the Farringdon Tap, shame no cask but knew that was the case before entering, still a dead decent offering of Bavarian LAGERS. Had a lovely schwartzbier, or as the Germans would say - schwartzbier 

Then a swift one in the queens head near kings X after work, once again your boy miquel has fallen in love with numerous lovely women wearing dungarees and floaty culottes drinking thirds of sour beers. Cut me open and I bleed bloody culottes

On 19/08/2024 at 09:57, walkerleeds said:

Best place for a pint in Horsforth please @Miquel The Work Geordie?

Cask preferably.

On 19/08/2024 at 11:27, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Ha. I live in Horsforth. Three Swords is about 300meters from my sofa. 

The Railway Lamb is beautiful and it does Veltins on top of the Kirkstall stuff.

But Little Bao Boy have taken over the kitchen in the Kings up on Town Street and that's ****ing glorious. Tasty af and it's a really nice pub.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ha. I live in Horsforth. Three Swords is about 300meters from my sofa. 

The Railway Lamb is beautiful and it does Veltins on top of the Kirkstall stuff.

But Little Bao Boy have taken over the kitchen in the Kings up on Town Street and that's ****ing glorious. Tasty af and it's a really nice pub.

Old Kings Arms and Granville's always been the picks for me brother, lovely stretch Town St

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Old Kings Arms and Granville's always been the picks for me brother, lovely stretch Town St

Yeah Town Street is fantastic, everything you need really. I like Granville's but I'm down New Road Side end so it's a trek and the missus is lazy af. It's a mission to get her up the hill to the Kings.