Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

22 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Just had a swift ESB in the Dove in Hammersmith, ****ing hell what a beautiful gaff

A beautiful pub and a very good beer. For a large brewer Fullers still do nice ales and have some lovely pubs. Bell & Crown up the river is a beaut. 

24 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ok, lagers then

22 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

If you can prove it, we can take the bastards to court over false advertising.

Haha that read like a pompous post from me, I am trying to agree with you, Madri and peroni and undrinkable. We should go to court

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha that read like a pompous post from me, I am trying to agree with you, Madri and peroni and undrinkable. We should go to court

I felt really hurt and intimidated.  :matty:

I will get Keith Vaz's lawyer, the guy has done all sorts of shit and never gone to jail.  Atleast with all the accusations were going to make, he will keep us out of jail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bovril said:

A beautiful pub and a very good beer. For a large brewer Fullers still do nice ales and have some lovely pubs. Bell & Crown up the river is a beaut. 

Yeah brother, very comforting seeing their name slapped on stuff, well kept ESB one of my favourite bevs and their pubs done feel homogenised. Guy in the Dove was class too filling us in on stuff, just a great experience

In the Express Tavern over the road from Brentford's ground now man, great selection from the same lads as the Lyric in Soho. Bass in London!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Picked up a load dirt cheap Modelo and Hawkstone yesterday, pleasant in the sun this afternoon.

Hawkstone is so so good. Had one a few weeks ago in Wyggeston house and couldn't stop thinking about it for days lol 

20 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Hawkstone is so so good. Had one a few weeks ago in Wyggeston house and couldn't stop thinking about it for days lol 

Shop I was in yesterday had a load of 330ml bottles at 8 for a 5er. Also had the 500ml hawkstone cider in the offer but cider gives me mad acid reflux so left them there.

Edited by Kopic

Ichnusa. The most overlooked of the Italian beers. I like the mystique that you don’t see it in the UK too, similar to Alpha in Greece (Ichnusa wipes the floor with A though if they go head to head). 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Manini said:

Ichnusa. The most overlooked of the Italian beers. I like the mystique that you don’t see it in the UK too, similar to Alpha in Greece (Ichnusa wipes the floor with A though if they go head to head). 

Had some at an Italian restaurant in Castleton on Saturday, it’s excellent. 

It’s paradoxical the Italians make such good beer and have so few places to drink it. That’s why I think the best continental Irish pubs are in Italy.

18 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Had some at an Italian restaurant in Castleton on Saturday, it’s excellent. 

It’s paradoxical the Italians make such good beer and have so few places to drink it. That’s why I think the best continental Irish pubs are in Italy.

That’s a great find. Never seen it in a bar, restaurant, offy or otherwise. Might have to order some. Proper lager at a good ABV as well. 

Agree. Although one of my favourite things to do in Italy is grab a bottle and find a square or just a quiet place and sit and have a drink and watch the world go by. That feels normal over there, you’d get branded a tramp over here (or maybe that’s just me!) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Manini said:

yeah ichnusa is the one. they have it in Maurizio's on belvoir street, if you ever find yourself in little venice (paddington) the italian food truck has it in there. i randomly found it in a baguette chain in prague too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manini said:

That’s a great find. Never seen it in a bar, restaurant, offy or otherwise. Might have to order some. Proper lager at a good ABV as well. 

Agree. Although one of my favourite things to do in Italy is grab a bottle and find a square or just a quiet place and sit and have a drink and watch the world go by. That feels normal over there, you’d get branded a tramp over here (or maybe that’s just me!) 

Dunno if you are ever in Sheffield but I know of two bars that sell it here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Dunno if you are ever in Sheffield but I know of two bars that sell it here.

Less so these days mate unfortunately but still on the odd occasion. I think I’d actually said before I’d hit you up for one in The Grapes next time I was around, still stands when I eventually make it back down. 

• Thanks 1