Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Pint of Robinson's Unicorn at The Hole in t'Wall, Bowness.

On holiday up north so obviously I've raided the local Booths for ales from northern breweries you don't get anywhere else, and their excellent selection of Bavarian beauties. Currently on a Lancaster Amber.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

lol i just checked the site and found this

image.png

cropping out the top for some reason but it's Bageterie Boulevard. i quite liked the grilled roastbeef

Yep, that’s the one lol on the corner next to that massive rippers…..my hotel was next door and that’s the only reason I know :ph34r:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Manini said:

Yep, that’s the one lol on the corner next to that massive rippers…..my hotel was next door and that’s the only reason I know :ph34r:

Yeah I wouldn't know anything about those sort of places 👀 

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Had a couple in Leicester tonight around the top end of the High St and bloody hell. Never seen a city centre so dead midweek at 8pm. 

Even worse when you consider there were graduations on yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

Third night on the trot down the Fox Club in Barrow since it opened on Tuesday. A great addition to the village! 

Wow, didn't realise it had opened. Was going up quick but still looked half done last week!

In London once again on the carsk

Did the Carlton Tavern in Kilburn which is a frequent job and always great but doing some newuns...

...Warrington Hotel in Maida Vale, dead impressive building, good staff, Greene King owned so beer choice not going to freak your nut but had a decent Landlord - would recommend on the strength of the building

Now in the Prince Alfred near Warwick Avenue and again she's a stunner of a building, pub split in half for diners and drinkers but it's a bloody beautiful gaff. Young's so again not a mind-blowing choice but on something by Redemption which is perfectly well looked after!

• Like 2

On 02/09/2024 at 21:30, Manini said:

Ichnusa. The most overlooked of the Italian beers. I like the mystique that you don’t see it in the UK too, similar to Alpha in Greece (Ichnusa wipes the floor with A though if they go head to head). 

Had loads of this in Italy a few months ago. It's glorious. Really loved it. 

Closest I can get here near me is non filtered Moretti with sea salt which doesn't quite cut it lol

10 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Oh baby The Compton Arms at the top end of Islington, cut this gaff open and it bleeds dungarees wearing brunettes. For that reason and that reason alone I give it 10 Miquels out of 10. Lovely pint of Jarl in homage to Scotland being a hilarious footballing nation 

Great boozer, I thought it had shut down though. New owners? Surely now its autumn the brunettes are wearing knee high leather boots. Tamil Prince down the road is a very good spot for food. Actual Indian not oily and mild Bangladeshi filler food.

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Great boozer, I thought it had shut down though. New owners? Surely now its autumn the brunettes are wearing knee high leather boots. Tamil Prince down the road is a very good spot for food. Actual Indian not oily and mild Bangladeshi filler food.

Not sure mate, I knew some folk that moved in nearby were moaning about the pub as if it wasn't here before they moved - shitbag behaviour imo! But still going well. I've been the Tamil Crown mert but not the OG gaff. Got the Drapers Arms up next

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not sure mate, I knew some folk that moved in nearby were moaning about the pub as if it wasn't here before they moved - shitbag behaviour imo! But still going well. I've been the Tamil Crown mert but not the OG gaff. Got the Drapers Arms up next

Another great boozer! From there you are in knee high leather boot throwing distance of the prince. Drapers - Albion - Tamil prince.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Another great boozer! From there you are in knee high leather boot throwing distance of the prince. Drapers - Albion - Tamil prince.

Aha I've got the Albion on my list n all mate but going the Crown after that then walking back towards rattlerville via Three Johns to see what's going on there for the first time in a couple of years. Went properly shit when Barworks sold it initially like most of their estate but sounds like it might be alright now, I'll pop my head in

15 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Aha I've got the Albion on my list n all mate but going the Crown after that then walking back towards rattlerville via Three Johns to see what's going on there for the first time in a couple of years. Went properly shit when Barworks sold it initially like most of their estate but sounds like it might be alright now, I'll pop my head in

Ah what a shame, I used to love three johns, two floors, fountain and Ink and whatever else was in that chain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Oh baby The Compton Arms at the top end of Islington, cut this gaff open and it bleeds dungarees wearing brunettes. For that reason and that reason alone I give it 10 Miquels out of 10. Lovely pint of Jarl in homage to Scotland being a hilarious footballing nation 

going back twenty years but i swear there was a boozer around there with a sea bird name not an albatross. memory is letting me down and i've looked at the map of the area but don't see it. 

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Ah what a shame, I used to love three johns, two floors, fountain and Ink and whatever else was in that chain. 

I went to the Well & Bucket and Singer Tavern after and they were both atrocious man, think a couple of the Barworks blokes have taken on William IV round the corner from the Wenlock and they've done a great job with it, beer choice is v tidy