Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I went to the Well & Bucket and Singer Tavern after and they were both atrocious man, think a couple of the Barworks blokes have taken on William IV round the corner from the Wenlock and they've done a great job with it, beer choice is v tidy

I am looking at the singer tavern from the window now!! Used to be a favourite when I lived and worked here permanently . Going to investigate BEER and BURGER in Kings cross now for no other reason than I've always thought it looked shiny and nice.

• Haha 1

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

I am looking at the singer tavern from the window now!! Used to be a favourite when I lived and worked here permanently . Going to investigate BEER and BURGER in Kings cross now for no other reason than I've always thought it looked shiny and nice.

Aha I think they've learnt from the error of their ways man and now their pubs are generally fine, think the Singer Tavern is probably steady now! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

In London once again on the carsk

Did the Carlton Tavern in Kilburn which is a frequent job and always great but doing some newuns...

...Warrington Hotel in Maida Vale, dead impressive building, good staff, Greene King owned so beer choice not going to freak your nut but had a decent Landlord - would recommend on the strength of the building

Now in the Prince Alfred near Warwick Avenue and again she's a stunner of a building, pub split in half for diners and drinkers but it's a bloody beautiful gaff. Young's so again not a mind-blowing choice but on something by Redemption which is perfectly well looked after!

Some nice places in Maida Vale and Kilburn, not far from where I'm based. Carlton has a good beer garden for sunny evenings, as does the Old Bell, Coopers and Kilburn Arms (all cheaper than the Carlton). If you get the chance, slightly further out, Chamberlayne Road (Kensal Rise) has a good mix of bars pubs and eating places. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Some nice places in Maida Vale and Kilburn, not far from where I'm based. Carlton has a good beer garden for sunny evenings, as does the Old Bell, Coopers and Kilburn Arms (all cheaper than the Carlton). If you get the chance, slightly further out, Chamberlayne Road (Kensal Rise) has a good mix of bars pubs and eating places. 

Yeah brother I'm regularly in Kilburn, annoyingly the Black Lion is never bloody open whenever I'm down which I wanna tick off purely for scenery. Had done the Colin Campbell on the High Road but think it's switched hands and looks a bit shit now. Will give Coopers a look next time I'm down!

40 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I went to the Well & Bucket and Singer Tavern after and they were both atrocious man, think a couple of the Barworks blokes have taken on William IV round the corner from the Wenlock and they've done a great job with it, beer choice is v tidy

well and bucket aint what it was

and i deffo didn't dream it lol had a big long outdoor area

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

u must work near one of my offices :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah brother I'm regularly in Kilburn, annoyingly the Black Lion is never bloody open whenever I'm down which I wanna tick off purely for scenery. Had done the Colin Campbell on the High Road but think it's switched hands and looks a bit shit now. Will give Coopers a look next time I'm down!

Still looks and feels a bit rundown inside, but they've made the smallish beer garden out the back nice and appealing. I like the place even so, as you get the "characters" in, and prices are keen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Also GOATed thread, I love reading about people's pints and crawls

It certainly is! 

Great for picking up recommendations. I didn't even realise there was a Farringdon Tap until you mentioned it, which happens to be right by my office. Will be paying it a visit next time I'm down! Also got a load of other London ones on my list from here too. 

Untapped is also great fun. Me and @westernpark could do with some more friends on there!

Edited by Chris_OGrady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

well and bucket aint what it was

and i deffo didn't dream it lol had a big long outdoor area

Yeah brother I went with my old boy but we didn't realise the switch had happened, must've been right after - it was crap beer wise. Proper shame

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Had loads of this in Italy a few months ago. It's glorious. Really loved it. 

Closest I can get here near me is non filtered Moretti with sea salt which doesn't quite cut it lol

Am I right in thinking you’re H’forth currently? I’m literally about 5 mins down the road and I play golf in Horsforth (decent for a pint tbh I’d recommend). 

I’m a fan of the Three Swords on New Road Side, that’s a good addition, and even better they ****ed off a Banyan to get it there. 

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Am I right in thinking you’re H’forth currently? I’m literally about 5 mins down the road and I play golf in Horsforth (decent for a pint tbh I’d recommend). 

I’m a fan of the Three Swords on New Road Side, that’s a good addition, and even better they ****ed off a Banyan to get it there. 

I’d you’re in Horsforth, worth checking out the local museum. Someone has written a biography about my Grandpa(born in Horsforth in 1915), and put it there. He was mates with George Orwell and a few others.

On 06/09/2024 at 20:21, Manini said:

have you been to Bavette in horsforth? the chef used to be in the Culpepper on Commercial Road and a place in Farringdon called The Green. he's excellent. 

20 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Anywhere in the city(not county) that stock Mill Hill cans? Need them for a present.

Bradley’s in rothley do.

couple pints of Madri down the woodies earlier. Spains finest. Guinness looked on point but it’s too warm for that todeh

2 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

have you been to Bavette in horsforth? the chef used to be in the Culpepper on Commercial Road and a place in Farringdon called The Green. he's excellent. 

I haven’t, but it looks stunning! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I've spent most of the last few days drinking 'bland' lager Pan or Ozujsko. Towards the end of the holiday electing for their Radler's. 

A couple of treats mind in the craft beer section - Pula would make a good Conference League couple of days 

I found some decent craft beers when I was in Croatia. The Garden Brewery was the most prevalent one from memory