Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I'm pretty happy with our season so far - Am I mad?

We made it to the last 8 of the FA cup and we've been beaten by the league champions after extra time.

We made it to the last 8 of the League cup and were beaten by the run away league champions on penalties after extra time.

We're in with a good shout of finishing 7th in the prem.

We have a lot of good young players coming through.

What is there not to be happy about this season?

Okay Mahrez and we could have been fighting for 6th place and gone even further in the cups but we are Leicester City I think we've had a good season and we're looking good for another good season next year.

After years and years of yo-yoing, promotion battles, play off dramas, relegation dog fights, great escapes and winning titles, we're now settling down into a period of consolidation and mid-table mediocrity. 

Enjoy everyone....

Yes, you are mad -- but not about this.  :P

As much as I tend to agree with your overall message, you lost me at

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

and I figure you are in for a threadful of answers to THAT question.  Which I will leave to others ...

MobRun.JPG.44f110204a4e34a79aae0c334d0ec9cf.JPG

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FIF said:

We made it to the last 8 of the FA cup and we've been beaten by the league champions after extra time.

We made it to the last 8 of the League cup and were beaten by the run away league champions on penalties after extra time.

We're in with a good shout of finishing 7th in the prem.

We have a lot of good young players coming through.

Okay Mahrez and we could have been fighting for 6th place and gone even further in the cups but we are Leicester City I think we've had a good season and we're looking good for another good season next year.

Some annoying results aside and purely looking big picture yes I think we've had a good season, and if we finish 7th i might even promote that to great season.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

Let’s see where we finish as there has to be some cause for concern that players might not care anymore, as happens to many mid table sides. 

LCFC recently said our position is “satisfactory” and I’d use that language too. When we got promoted this would be the sort of season I’d have hoped for. Clear of relegation and having a real go in the cups. But after tasting the incredible highs of 2015/16 we all want more! Our owners have backed us handsomely and we have only lost 2 key players from winning the league, so I think it’s not unfair to expect a bit more. Certainly if we finish behind Burnley and Everton then you’d have to see that as a lost opportunity. 

So far I’d give us a 6 or 7 out of 10 grade. Definitely not bad, but not great either. Finish 7th and qualify for Europe though and it would go down as a good season. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

It's pretty good but since we won the league our expectations have rightly risen and we know we might have achieved more. People who say we should be happy with surviving fail to recognise this and still think we can gauge success against our time in the championship. The reality is we are fairly underwhelmed by finishing 7th or 8th ask much as we tell ourselves that historically it's excellent for Leicester City and we should be grateful.

Its alright and we're not complaining because it could be so much worse but we are human and doing ok is not that exciting.

• Like 3

We’re doing absolutely fine and aslong as we continue to show ambition in the transfer windows we’ll continue to ascend. Puel will definitely build a squad to challenge consistently for Europa League, and occasional challenges for top 4/cup wins.

It’s just unfortunate for us as a club to have so many thick fans, anyone would think we were a northern team from down tut rord. 

• Sad 1

I'm not happy. We've missed two big opportunities to get to a final of a competition. I'm sick of being happy or content. We should strive for more. 

I'm unhappy we have failed to beat three dross teams in last three home league games. We should be comfortably seventh but if I could put money on it i don't even think we'll finish eighth.

I'm not happy with the manager. Ugly sideways football and absolutely bizarre subs (and timing of them) and tactics. 

Season feels wasted for me. Can end up with not much to play for in these final games now. Roll on next August

• Like 1

If we finish 8th I'll be pleased enough. If we finish 7th I'll be happy. If we finish 7th and snag a spot in the Europa League for next season I'll be over the moon.

Still plenty to do over the summer no matter what happens.