Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I'm pretty happy with our season so far - Am I mad?

Guest MattP
12 hours ago, FIF said:

A starting 11 next season of

Kasper

New RB / Amartey

Dragovic

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Diabaté

Silva

Gray

Vardy

looks a good lineup that can again be top 8 and make the latter stages of the cups to me.

I would be astonished if that line up made the top eight, we aren't certain of top eight now and our current line up is better than this as we have our one World Class player in it.

I've seen nothing so far to suggest Amartey, Chilwell, Gray, Diabate (he does look promising though) or Silva can be regulars in a top half PL team.

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, breadandcheese said:

I'm not sure why there's the assumption that we're going to sign Dragovic and play him as first choice centre back. 

If Puel thought that, he'd be playing him.

I'm thinking the same thing, surely if we were going to sign him permanently we would be playing him now?

I wonder if we've got our eye on someone else, Johnny Evans perhaps now it's looks certain WBA are going down.

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, MattP said:

I would be astonished if that line up made the top eight, we aren't certain of top eight now and our current line up is better than this as we have our one World Class player in it.

I've seen nothing so far to suggest Amartey, Chilwell, Gray, Diabate (he does look promising though) or Silva can be regulars in a top half PL team.

I thought exactly the same. Unless they all improve considerably (possible...), I don’t see that as a top 8 side.

As much as Amartey gives his all in a City shirt, for instance, he is not the attacking full back with a quality cross that we need or that Puel seems to want to employ.

Theres’ a lot of deluded people on here.

12 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

I'm not sure why there's the assumption that we're going to sign Dragovic and play him as first choice centre back. 

We wont even attempt to sign Drag. If we do he's more likely to tell us to go play with ourselves than sign.

14 hours ago, sylofox said:

We wont even attempt to sign Drag. If we do he's more likely to tell us to go play with ourselves than sign.

Of course we will and he'll sign. The wages in the prem are too good to turn down. I should think that he's been told he'll get Morgan's starting spot next season along with a wage rise.

Although I don't agree with Morgan starting over Dragovic I can at least see the logic, Morgan is the team captain and he hasn't insisted on leaving at the end of the season or thrown a wobbly because he hasn't already been given away.

Having said that I hope that Dragovic starts in the next game and through to the end of the season.

On 20.3.2018 at 10:05, breadandcheese said:

I can imagine that there's also the issue of having to suck up/paying respect to the team captain (Wes Morgan) to a certain extent.

It's probably not as simple as saying "if Dragovic were good enough, Puel would play him".

Wes is supposed to be the better leader thanks to his experience. Could well be his farewell tour, with an end of his Leicester City FC career nearing this summer.

• Like 1