Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Guest ttfn
4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:Mahrez, Gray, Silva, Iborra, Ndidi, Diabete aren't players that suit the way he wants to play?

And Dragovic? Amartey? Fuchs? He's got loads of players to play the way he wants, he just doesn't pick them.

We have one of the most talented squads i have ever seen at the club so I'm not sure he can blame it on the personnel. Bar a right back and a number he's got everything he needs and even in those positions he's got decent options.

He’s not helping himself by continuing to pick Simpson (is Amartey even available?) but the problem is not the players in attacking areas, it’s getting the ball to them quickly enough. When we turn the ball over in the opposition half we still look dangerous.

I don’t think he has anywhere near the squad he’d want. I think he’d want a new keeper, a right back, a centre back and a number 10 as first XI players and probably another centre back and centre forward for the squad.

It probably is one of the most talented squads we’ve ever had at the club but unfortunately probably only the 7th-10th most talented in the Premier League. And here we are, 8th.

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

He’s not helping himself by continuing to pick Simpson (is Amartey even available?) but the problem is not the players in attacking areas, it’s getting the ball to them quickly enough. When we turn the ball over in the opposition half we still look dangerous.

I don’t think he has anywhere near the squad he’d want. I think he’d want a new keeper, a right back, a centre back and a number 10 as first XI players and probably another centre back and centre forward for the squad.

It probably is one of the most talented squads we’ve ever had at the club but unfortunately probably only the 7th-10th most talented in the Premier League. And here we are, 8th.

He's picking Simpson because Amartey is injured, but for the love of god why he isn't playing Dragovic is beyond me.

1 hour ago, KingKoala said:

I think CS could have got us where we are right now in the table if he had been given more time TBH.

I believe we have that good players in our squad.

we'd be relegated if Shakespeare had stayed, we absolutely needed someone to come in with no connection to the squad to offload a lot of the old guard and rebuild, far too many untouchable players are woefully under performing but it Puel dropped them too many City fans would throw a tantrum

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we'd be relegated if Shakespeare had stayed, we absolutely needed someone to come in with no connection to the squad to offload a lot of the old guard and rebuild, far too many untouchable players are woefully under performing but it Puel dropped them too many City fans would throw a tantrum

:wes:

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

:clap:

We’re playing like his personality, boring. I don’t feel like I can back him because his team selection is poor at time, tactics and not playing to our strengths. I’d love us to go for Rafa I wanted him from the start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

We’re playing like his personality, boring. I don’t feel like I can back him because his team selection is poor at time, tactics and not playing to our strengths. I’d love us to go for Rafa I wanted him from the start.

which are? Shakespeare tried to play like that and we were ****ing awful because it had been found out

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

He walked straight back in the team, Puel did exactly the opposite of what you said was needed.

I know, I cannot understand why, only possible explanation it to appease the old guard, all the more reason to get shot of the bulk of them this summer, 3 managers now have basically picked the same side and under all 3 we have been woeful at creating chances, its time to change the players

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

which are? Shakespeare tried to play like that and we were ****ing awful because it had been found out

Getting the ball down the sides and though the middle with fast attacking football we’re not a ball possession team like he plays us we’re not good enough at that. Let’s both the big strikers go out on loan with no option B doesn’t know who to play with Vardy, our best defender is on the bench ffs, keeps playing chilwell do you want me to go on? 

Just now, dannythefox said:

Getting the ball down the sides and though the middle with fast attacking football we’re not a ball possession team like he plays us we’re not good enough at that. Let’s both the big strikers go out on loan with no option B doesn’t know who to play with Vardy, our best defender is on the bench ffs, keeps playing chilwell do you want me to go on? 

please do tell me more about how our right side of defense being picked apart was down to the left back being picked over one who has lost all his pace, gets skinned all too often and more concerned with his fashion range, please tell me how we attack with pace which we haven't really done since the title run in.

our previous style had been found out, too many of the squad are obsessed with 442 or some version of it, we have the players to play fast paced attacking possession based football but that means a change of shape which the players will cry about and dropping people which fans will cry about.

Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel have all pretty much picked the same side a lot of the old guard need removing from the club, it probably should have happened the summer after we won the title (or this past summer at the latest) but instead we just handed out new contracts meaning we are stuck with them until they expire.

If those players don't like not being picked make then train on their own, if they cannot cope with how the manager wants them to play then drop them

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

please do tell me more about how our right side of defense being picked apart was down to the left back being picked over one who has lost all his pace, gets skinned all too often and more concerned with his fashion range, please tell me how we attack with pace which we haven't really done since the title run in.

our previous style had been found out, too many of the squad are obsessed with 442 or some version of it, we have the players to play fast paced attacking possession based football but that means a change of shape which the players will cry about and dropping people which fans will cry about.

Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel have all pretty much picked the same side a lot of the old guard need removing from the club, it probably should have happened the summer after we won the title (or this past summer at the latest) but instead we just handed out new contracts meaning we are stuck with them until they expire.

If those players don't like not being picked make then train on their own, if they cannot cope with how the manager wants them to play then drop them

Sadly I’ve not got time to post everything I think. The left back situation is not just based on today. Dragovic needs to start and also Okazaki. I do agree some players should of gone sooner but the more I look what we’re doing the more I agree with Southampton fans about him. Bring the players in you want to play the shape you want don’t try and use players that can’t do it I say.

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Sadly I’ve not got time to post everything I think. The left back situation is not just based on today. Dragovic needs to start and also Okazaki. I do agree some players should of gone sooner but the more I look what we’re doing the more I agree with Southampton fans about him. Bring the players in you want to play the shape you want don’t try and use players that can’t do it I say.

we all know there is a powerful core group of senior players , if they are resistant to change, which we saw they were under Claudio, during the season there isn't much he can do who leaves the club in the summer will be telling

4 hours ago, Ricey said:

It’s dull, he’s not getting the best out of the team and we have squandered two great opportunities to get to cup finals and three chances to get into Europe. 

As someone unsure sure about renewing their ST due to financial and family reasons, it’s hardly encouraging.

Good point.

My son and I didn’t go today.

Reason: lack of entertainment, and that’s as season ticket holders who have already paid for the game ffs.

Good decision 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Good point.

My son and I didn’t go today.

Reason: lack of entertainment, and that’s as season ticket holders who have already paid for the game ffs.

Good decision 

You bring up a really good point.

I'm usually riveted to my TV watching the game but lately I've been distracted by other things.

We are very boring !!!

4 hours ago, Ricey said:

It’s dull, he’s not getting the best out of the team and we have squandered two great opportunities to get to cup finals and three chances to get into Europe. 

As someone unsure about renewing their ST due to financial and family reasons, it’s hardly encouraging.

If we still had shakey we wouldn't even have been able to contemplate Europe so to moan that he's squandered it because we went out of the fa cup from an individual error is pretty ****ing stupid 

• Like 1

Are people really calling for Pearson and Shakespeare to come back? Both of whom, despite being important figures for the club, also played boring, negative football at times.

We should be aiming higher.

• Thanks 2

I think the aim is 7th place if we don’t get that, I think Top May get twitchy fingers. Puel needs to show the owners he is going to make changes, our style of football is so turgid right now, yes we can pass the f**ker but no intensity to our game.

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I think the aim is 7th place if we don’t get that, I think Top May get twitchy fingers. Puel needs to show the owners he is going to make changes, our style of football is so turgid right now, yes we can pass the f**ker but no intensity to our game.

We're not getting it. More chance of teams below going above us.

On 05/04/2018 at 10:17, HighPeakFox said:

To the point you were trying to make, yes. They did a fabulous job back then (with a lot of shielding by Kante), it should not make them immune to valid criticism now.

The point about 'swift, incisive football' is that is is made less possible with those two taking an age to get the ball under control. Please don't do what so many do, which is selectively (and without context of the original overall statement) cherry pick what is said and ignore the basic point, it gets very tiresome to try and discuss with.

But you are doing exactly what you accuse me of. There was more to my post than the line you chose to highlight. Selective or what? 

8 hours ago, Corky said:

Are people really calling for Pearson and Shakespeare to come back? Both of whom, despite being important figures for the club, also played boring, negative football at times.

We should be aiming higher.

Correct, at times, when needed.

As opposed to ALL the time.

Edited by Matt