Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

A Trip to London

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice, was it a taster menu? Recommend it?

Man it’s one of the best restaurants in the world who cares if some guy on FoxesTalk recommends it haha.

if anyone wants a good restaurant go to the wilderness in Birmingham WORLD CLASS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Man it’s one of the best restaurants in the world who cares if some guy on FoxesTalk recommends it haha.

if anyone wants a good restaurant go to the wilderness in Birmingham WORLD CLASS

Got to be honest I wanted to ask how much it cost him but darent so I asked that instead lol.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Cost me enough!!

The tasting menu with wine would have been £275. I didn't do that.

Ouch hahaha. I did tasting plus wine at Sat Bains. Incredible experience but cost me a similar amount.

• Like 1

Only really visit for gigs, but I've definitely enjoyed it more as I've gotten older and just taken the time to do a bit more bloody looking into where I think I'd enjoy bevving or eating and that. Never understood people who write off such a ****ing huge place with "overcrowded / unwelcoming" as if they expect it to be quiet.

Guest seanfox778

I enjoy London, my brother lives there so I have a free place to stay which helps. I just like wandering around with no particular objective, I remember stumbling upon some underground James Bond car museum on my last visit which was cool. 

Guest Kopfkino
13 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I’ve never been to Camden ( it’s probably a song title ), sounds and looks interesting. Anyone been ? 

Tbh, Camden is pretty shit. People pretend that it's cool but it's shit and full of weirdos

24 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Camden is alright in a “Do you want any crack?” Type of way.

17 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Tbh, Camden is pretty shit. People pretend that it's cool but it's shit and full of weirdos

You’ve never visited Mkt Harborough have you !? Sorry 

Went to a Turkish restaurant called Kenza recently. Few minutes walk from Liverpool Street. Great food and nice atmosphere (we got there about 5pm just before it got really busy). Highly recommend it and not too pricey either. 

11 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

I’ve never been to Camden ( it’s probably a song title ), sounds and looks interesting. Anyone been ? 

11 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Camden is alright in a “Do you want any crack?” Type of way.

11 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

It was Camden we went to last week for a night during which we went to central London to pass some time and the whole experience wasn't great, which is what prompted me to post the OP. We'd passed through the place a couple of years ago and said we'd like to go back and stop over to experience it's vibrancy and eclectic mix

Costock and Kop are spot on. When we got back to Camden, having been to Covent Garden, we'd planned to try some "street food" from the many and varied places we'd seen on our arrival but we found they were all shut, apart from some Chinese stall selling the stuff off before it closed. this was at 7pm. Hardly late. We then went for a wander round to find a decent pub. Even at that early evening hour, Camden High Street was littered with dodgy characters, some openly drug dealing, weird looking individuals. It didn't feel very safe.

In the end we got a bottle of wine and went back to the hotel room.

We had thought we'd be doing something cool and cosmopolitan, eating street food, wandering amongst the tourists and locals. It was anything but cool. 

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It was Camden we went to last week for a night during which we went to central London to pass some time and the whole experience wasn't great, which is what prompted me to post the OP. We'd passed through the place a couple of years ago and said we'd like to go back and stop over to experience it's vibrancy and eclectic mix

Costock and Kop are spot on. When we got back to Camden, having been to Covent Garden, we'd planned to try some "street food" from the many and varied places we'd seen on our arrival but we found they were all shut, apart from some Chinese stall selling the stuff off before it closed. this was at 7pm. Hardly late. We then went for a wander round to find a decent pub. Even at that early evening hour, Camden High Street was littered with dodgy characters, some openly drug dealing, weird looking individuals. It didn't feel very safe.

In the end we got a bottle of wine and went back to the hotel room.

We had thought we'd be doing something cool and cosmopolitan, eating street food, wandering amongst the tourists and locals. It was anything but cool. 

you were around the locals then. 

Well I love it. One of the most walkable big cities I've experienced. As for the foreigners that 'sullied' the OP's experience, I like the fact you hear every language under the sun on the tube and nobody bats and eyelid. A refreshing change from a lot of places I've been to. I like that people want to visit London and the UK in general to work, learn the language or just have a holiday. Long may it continue. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Tbh, Camden is pretty shit. People pretend that it's cool but it's shit 

You are aware it's quite a large Borough? Tell that to someone who lives in E. Hampstead,  W. Highgate or Primrose Hill - and Belsize Park and parts of Chalk Farm and Kentish Town are not too bad. It sounds like you visited the obligatory lock and the market once when you were bored on a Sunday.