Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Away post match 2-0

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

This is now the time to See isnt it.

I have no idea how it will pan out,but its going to be really interesting to find out if he is what

makes us tick.

Do we have a plan B without him.

One thing definite,I aint worried with the loss oft Ndidi.It means the fans in this forum,and the terraces,

are in for an exciting few weeks,to see how Puel and coaching staff are going set us up.

There is no need for worrying or approaching these 2games with trepidation.

It might create a more positive approach and attitude.

Newcastle,how about..

Schmeichel

Drago.  Morgan   Chilwell

Maguire

Albrighton/James.         Iborra

Silva

Mahrez.  Vardy.    Diabate/Nacho.

James apparently injured,so pop Albrighton in.

I have been stumping for something very similar. Your line-up gives us 5 players who can attack. IDK about the back 3 AND 5 attacking players, but I'd love to see 

Simpson --- Morgan --- Maguire --- Chilwell

Iborra

Silva ----- Albrighton 

Mahrez ------------------- Diabate/Gray

Vardy

Perhaps we could do with some fiddling in back as you suggest, but please give us Iborra/Silva/Mahrez/Diabate/Vardy. Please let us be a balanced attack at kick-off FFS, instead of the last 15 minutes of the game. 

I do wonder what Albrighton would look like in the Ndidi role. I expect he could do a decent job of it for a game, if Iborra would be better forward. Though Iborra has played all through the center from CB to SS, so I expect he can do quite well in front of our back four.

• Like 1

To be fair we didn't exactly play well in the 80 mins Wilf was on the pitch. Understandably the team is lacking a little motivation currently, maybe the injustice of Wilf's absence will make the players a tiny bit angry, perhaps enough to provide some motivation. Wishful thinking perhaps, trying to find a positive to that awful decision.

Not keen on starting games 3 at the back, seems every time we've tried it we've gone back to 442 at some point during the game, and looked a lot better instantly. Seems to work much better when we switch to 3 at the back during the latter part of the game.

Shinji has been sadly off form for quite a while, not being picked and injuries haven't helped, confidence is probably low too due to being dropped for the WC. I think it would be good to try Diabate in the 10 role... although with Iborra + Silva in CM we might have to play Shinji at 10 until Ndidi gets back.

Edited by brucey

Fell asleep on the sofa after 10 minutes woke up just before they got the penalty, from the highlights on MOTD I missed absolutely nothing.

Poor decision for Wilf's second yellow, but then having seen Mane pick up the ball and escape a second yellow earlier nothing surprises me except maybe the fact that none of our lot are off to the World Cup.

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

And that’s a pretty bloody big thing given that James can’t score for the life of him and that goals are a useful commodity in football. 

lol

6 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

We were nowhere near as bad as some are making out on here. Yes, admittedly we could have been a couple of goals down on a different day, but you should expect any team playing at home to have spells where they create at least a couple of decent chances. 

I thought we controlled the game for large periods and it's quite evident that we're now managing the transition of the ball from goalkeeper, through defence to the midfield much more comfortably. What we now need to work on is our movement in the final third as it's too static with no one offering an option, which is making us look laboured in midfield as the midfielders chose to hold on to the ball rather than give up possession. Once Puel has had time to develop this aspect of our game we'll be a very good team and certainly win more than we lose. 

Today Brighton made it very difficult for us as they sat very deep and got plenty of men behind the ball when out of possession. This restricted our play due to our lack of movement up front yet we still found a way get the points on the board. 

It might not have been pretty but it's days like today that show us how far we've progressed. It wasn't that long ago that we were in a similar position to Brighton, working hard as a unit to avoid defeat and being picked off by teams who were a little more streetwise and possessed a little more quality. To be able to pick up points against teams setup to nullify you, or when you're not quite at the races should be viewed as a positive step in my opinion.

As for those questioning Puel, give the guy a chance. I distinctly remember Man City fans last season calling for Pep to go and calling him a fraud. One season later, and they're now saying he's a genius and has created the best team ever to play in the PL. Rome wasn't built in a day, be patient and have a little faith. 

Hard to be expressive against a team what played so deep. Dunk and Duffy were conceding twenty/thirty yards on Vardy every time we attempted to break. Similar to how Atleti dealt with him. 

I thought Maguire was an absolute beast for the first 65 minutes. Felt sorry for Wilf harshly punished for two fouls which were not worthy of yellows. That Bong tackle was so naughty it was unreal

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brucey said:

Not keen on starting games 3 at the back, seems every time we've tried it we've gone back to 442 at some point during the game, and looked a lot better instantly. Seems to work much better when we switch to 3 at the back during the latter part of the game.

The problem we atm. IMO is Simpson - he had a pretty bad game, hasn't been playing all that well recently, and if it wasn't for Morgan coming across and making some last-ditch tackles, then...  Whereas Dragovic I feel was playing better before we dropped him for Morgan.  So why not a back three of Drago, Morgan and Maguire?  It's not a lineup we've tried before, though when Drago and Maguire played together, they did well, and often had enough space between them for another player...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

And that’s a pretty bloody big thing given that James can’t score for the life of him and that goals are a useful commodity in football. 

So how does it make James a liability?

16 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm sorry, but now wins are embarrassing?

Can someone put an 'entitled toddlers' filter onto some our fans please?

That’s a retort for the happy clappers to garner likes / ?if ever I saw one.

In my fifties I am not a toddler, nor am I acting as if entitled.

I would rather not see such tedious football as we have witnessed in the last two months, and would gladly sacrifice a few points and wins for some exciting attacking play

If that’s ok with you, and all the other tossers who have ’liked’ your post.

Its pathetic that people constantly throw in these sorts of posts as if to say ‘where were you when we were shit’ as if they know how long anyone has supported the club, and any criticism is indicative of one thinking we are entitled to success.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I would rather not see such tedious football as we have witnessed in the last two months, and would gladly sacrifice a few points and wins for some exciting attacking football.

If that’s ok with you? 

We played attacking football , we won the league, teams are wary of  us and play against us trying to nullify our attacking threat. It was obvious we had to evolve and we are we are 8th in the league. The complete evolution will take time.

you would really want less points and more Gung ho attacking and maybe a relegation scrap.?

Edited by mazarron fox
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I feel for Ndidi. We're going to miss him badly. I agree we could see Hamza on the bench as a result. He's the closest we have an Ndidi type player though I think. Perhaps we could go like this:

Kasper

Dragovic Morgan Maguire

Albrighton Iborra Choudhury Silva Chilwell

Mahrez

Vardy

If we play that at home to a dog shit Newcastle then I will be never going again!!!

Silva and Iborra is fine vs dross, especially at home.

Get Diabate, Gray and Mahrez behind Vardy too and let someone finally have it properly at home.

Great away day - thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Thought the first half was poor in terms of quality for both sides. The penalty save turned it. Iborra was another class header and the second goal was a great counter attack. Two superb assists from Chilwell and Gray.

Referee and all officials were poor. Don't think Ndidi should have gone.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Having seen the replay of the N'Didi yellows he was unfortunate. First one was a foul but could argue unlucky go get a card and the second wasn't even a foul, the Brighton player making the tackle look worse got him sent off. 

First one I thought was a dreadful tackle and I'd want an opposition player booked for it.

He's also clumsy for the penalty. Yes he went down like he'd been shot but he doesn't need to be there.

Second one it took me four angles to realise he actually got the ball and at full speed it looks reckless, so whilst it's harsh I have sympathy for the ref.

Ndidi needs to get a smarter he's made two tackles that he didnt need to and it's cost us rightly or wrongly a penalty and a sending off. 

44 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I would rather not see such tedious football as we have witnessed in the last two months, and would gladly sacrifice a few points and wins for some exciting attacking play

If that’s ok with you, and all the other tossers who have ’liked’ your post.

Its pathetic that people constantly throw in these sorts of posts as if to say ‘where were you when we were shit’ as if they know how long anyone has supported the club, and any criticism is indicative of one thinking we are entitled to success.

If your main criticism of what I said is that it was to garner likes, then you don't have much of a position to defend against me, or all the other 'tossers'.

If you consider what you originally said to be in any way 'criticism', and not just impotent rage, then I'm afraid your education and life-experience thus far have been somewhat wasted. You do, however, do a very good line in projecting yourself onto me (and all the other 'tossers' who aren't as angry as you.)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

The problem we atm. IMO is Simpson - he had a pretty bad game, hasn't been playing all that well recently, and if it wasn't for Morgan coming across and making some last-ditch tackles, then...  Whereas Dragovic I feel was playing better before we dropped him for Morgan.  So why not a back three of Drago, Morgan and Maguire?  It's not a lineup we've tried before, though when Drago and Maguire played together, they did well, and often had enough space between them for another player...

Thats how I see it.I always Backed  Simpson,but since Xmas and injury  hes been indifferent.

I am just trying to get drago in the side,and with a back 3, Albrighton can ride up and down the

rightside,attacking or supporting Drago.....

I dont want to see US try and replace NDidi,there ist anybody,so lets not try.

Puel and coaching staff,have to earn their Metal,and come up a usefull plan B.

I want to see this group Prove,that they have something else in their locker,and give

us all an headache and create a bit of a quandary,that could leave Ndidi fighting to

get back as automatic choice.

We want a consistent chase for top 5 we need alternatives...!! No Position guarranteed.

• Like 1