Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Away post match 2-0

A great match for our left back who can't defend and for our attacking winger who can't pass - wasn't that Gray's first ever assist? Good to see our youth coming good.

While Puel transitions us from fast counter attacking football to possession football he'll continue to receive grief but I think Shakespeare proved we can't live in 15/16 forever.

And when Mahrez leaves Chilwell's offensive flair may become even more essential and I wouldn't mind seeing Diabate giving us another attacking option.

If Diabate does partner Vardy it may be the end of Okazaki especially against mid to low end teams because if we're in possession we won't so much need the little guy to disrupt our opposition to start a counter.

7 minutes ago, katieakita said:

We won the league at 5000-1 biggest team upset in sporting history people forget why it was 5000 to 1 and expect us to somehow better this. apparently in the 60's which is far enough back we had 4 top 10 finishes, In the last 50 years we have had 3 top 8 finishes in the top flight football including the 1 magical season. We have gone to a mid table club and ground out a 2-0 win, we have a manager who has taken us from the relegation to possibly our 2nd best league finish in over 50 years spending a total of Fvck all, as the saving in wages for those out on loan will cover the pay out for Diabate and yet some are not happy. maybe they crave relegation fights and struggles, maybe they like us being a selling club or playing 2nd fiddle to our East Midlands rivals. Under MON everybody knew we were punching above our weight, we have owners probably every team bar Man City would exchange for who have constantly supported the club with long term investment and ambition but still some want more drama. Have far to many issues in my own real world to worry about winning at Brighton with a poor performance. Maybe when i think we have a God given right to win every game i will understand them more. When i started following the Foxes i was told it was a case of ups and downs and always seems to have been more downs so will take this win all day long

In a nutshell.

Although you missed my Young Ones quote lol 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Guys! Guys! Look at us! Squabbling, bickering, like children! What's happening to us? We never used to be like this!

We won the league at 5000-1 biggest team upset in sporting history people forget why it was 5000 to 1 and expect us to somehow better this. apparently in the 60's which is far enough back we had 4 top 10 finishes, In the last 50 years we have had 3 top 8 finishes in the top flight football including the 1 magical season. We have gone to a mid table club and ground out a 2-0 win, we have a manager who has taken us from the relegation to possibly our 2nd best league finish in over 50 years spending a total of Fvck all, as the saving in wages for those out on loan will cover the pay out for Diabate and yet some are not happy. maybe they crave relegation fights and struggles, maybe they like us being a selling club or playing 2nd fiddle to our East Midlands rivals. Under MON everybody knew we were punching above our weight, we have owners probably every team bar Man City would exchange for who have constantly supported the club with long term investment and ambition but still some want more drama. Have far to many issues in my own real world to worry about winning at Brighton with a poor performance. Maybe when i think we have a God given right to win every game i will understand them more. When i started following the Foxes i was told it was a case of ups and downs and always seems to have been more downs so will take this win all day long

Bugger..you beat me to it. Couldnt care less how we play as long as we win. This was my first away game for a while (cheers fleckney mike) and leaving the ground with a massive smile on my face made thye day a great one. Remmeber chaps and chapesesses winning is all it is about. 

12 minutes ago, katieakita said:

With all the positive things that have happened to the club, Great owners, long-term investment no debts  a brand new state of the art training ground being made and plenty of money to invest in top quality players, I'm thinking that maybe the past counts for bugger all and that I don't feel guilty if I think we should be doing better than we are. Of course, we have no right to win every game but Surly we have a right to expect better football than we are dishing up at the moment?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

With all the positive things that have happened to the club, Great owners, long-term investment no debts  a brand new state of the art training ground being made and plenty of money to invest in top quality players, I'm thinking that maybe the past counts for bugger all and that I don't feel guilty if I think we should be doing better than we are. Of course, we have no right to win every game but Surly we have a right to expect better football than we are dishing up at the moment?

Hope for, perhaps. Expect? I think that's the problem word.

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Think one of things following City is we will never get all that we want. Playing Devil's advocate 95% of football experts will tell you when we won the league Spurs played the better football, anyone here want to swap that season with theirs

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Hope for, perhaps. Expect? I think that's the problem word.

Not really. Years ago when we never had any of the advantages we have now we lived in eternal hope, it was all we could aspire to because we were nearly always skint and in debt and quite rightly had a small club attitude. But things have changed beyond all recognition since those days. the owners have already said they expect us to be playing in Europe each season given their investment so why shouldn't we be a bit more expectant?

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Not really. Years ago when we never had any of the advantages we have now we lived in eternal hope, it was all we could aspire to because we were nearly always skint and in debt and quite rightly had a small club attitude. But things have changed beyond all recognition since those days. the owners have already said they expect us to be playing in Europe each season given their investment so why shouldn't we be a bit more expectant?

You make a fair argument. I just think we should temper our hopes/expectations with a) realism and b) patience.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

100% this.

19 hours ago, l444ry said:

Professional performance. Never looked like losing except for the penalty. Can't understand what the problem is for some people.  

Brighton were more dangerous up until the missed penalty, they did more for the game and had the more direct approach.

Whereas we never looked like winning for close to 70 minutes, could've easily been 2-0 to the home side before Iborra came up with that perfectly-timed header.

The main problem is that we're a dire side to watch and tend to pass it backwards and sideways for x amount of times, before trying to somehow get near the opposing box.

And usually, we fail miserably, give the ball away, invite the other team to attack swiftly and we concede silly fouls for breaking it up (regardless of what you think of yesterday's referee, our defender's and Ndidi's tackling and timing were poor).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrfox452 said:

Did ndidi get sent off for the foul or his reaction? 

For the foul.

I found it a bit childish to hide his head in the ground for so long. I mean he was upset, but there's nothing that'll change the referee's mind.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Brighton were more dangerous up until the missed penalty, they did more for the game and had the more direct approach.

Whereas we never looked like winning for close to 70 minutes, could've easily been 2-0 to the home side before Iborra came up with that perfectly-timed header.

The main problem is that we're a dire side to watch and tend to pass it backwards and sideways for x amount of times, before trying to somehow get near the opposing box.

And usually, we fail miserably, give the ball away, invite the other team to attack swiftly and we concede silly fouls for breaking it up (regardless of what you think of yesterday's referee, our defender's and Ndidi's tackling and timing were poor).

Actually I thought we were looking the rather more threatening side in the 10 mins or so leading up to the penalty which I thought was somewhat against the run of play. Agree that they looked the better side in the dire first half.

I read the post-mortem thread on North Stand Chat yesterday and it was more realistic and -- FFS -- positive than this.  They felt the better side had won -- albeit not the side that played better for much of a close-run match.  (In their eyes we are an established upper half club and “₤100M squad” was mentioned a few times.)

The differences they saw were quality in the final third, and experience in knowing how to win in the PL.  Also (missed on here) that BHA’s lack of rotation depth led to a lot of knackered players when their attacking push ran out of gas, at exactly the point when we could bring on fresh speedsters like Diabate and Gray.  Had Ndidi not been sent off, the last 20’ would have been every bit the rogering the “connoisseurs” demand for 90’ every time out. 

Nobody on here will have watched that and been thoroughly satisfied.  But I am happy after a 0-2 win at a stadium where no side below 6th won this season.

All this bitch-and-moan about what supporters of lower half clubs recognize as First World problems.  And we are not even part of the First World.  In this League that is 5½ clubs.