Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Away post match 2-0

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

No. You were called that for effectively wishing a player of ours to be injured. There's a difference, which seems beyond you.

I think, as so many on here do, you have taken glib comments absolutely literally. In reality his point was, with James out of the team, we're better. No one would wish any player to be injured, but without James, we're better. It would be better to just retire with all his bits intact.

• Sad 1

Just now, Parafox said:

I think, as so many on here do, you have taken glib comments absolutely literally. In reality his point was, with James out of the team, we're better. No one would wish any player to be injured, but without James, we're better. It would be better to just retire with all his bits intact.

You make a fair point. However.....

If people don't want to be misunderstood, the onus is on them to write more thoughtfully & carefully. The onus should not be on the reader to interpret whether the OP was careless or is a bit of a c**t . I've lost count of the number of times I've had to backtrack becuse I worded something badly, and in all truth, that's fair enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

You make a fair point. However.....

If people don't want to be misunderstood, the onus is on them to write more thoughtfully & carefully. The onus should not be on the reader to interpret whether the OP was careless or is a bit of a c**t . I've lost count of the number of times I've had to backtrack becuse I worded something badly, and in all truth, that's fair enough.

Not every poster here has the intellect to make a succinct point in a way you or I might. Not being intellectualist, but it's true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Not every poster here has the intellect to make a succinct point in a way you or I might. Not being intellectualist, but it's true.

I accept that might also be the case, in which case I hope they have a think when people react/respond negatively. I would also say that some people do have the capacity, but can be lazy, careless or don't actually give a f**k until they are called out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Shinji divides opinions - basically because he is a footballer of limited technical ability who doesn't score very often but who unselfishly runs his butt off for the team in just about every game.

I actually think he has had a decent season - more good games than bad (albeit with some stinkers like today thrown in) - but if we had more technique and creativity in that 'second striker' role, we would be a much more dangerous team.

Shiji had an off day today but he is crucial to the way we play. The no.10 role is ridiculously hard to play well and i cant think of another player who plays is better for us.. even out most talented Ryiad has tried and in my opionion was not up to it. Shinji is very technical and great a link up and how many times have we seen those overhead kicks, scissor volleys somehow not go in... its often Shinji behind those snippets of technical brilliance.

For me hes defo worth a contract extension. We see the hole he leaves when hes injured. Id like to see Silva given a 20 minute spell in that No.10 role as i yhink he could play it. Hes got a great touch, good link up skills and most importantly a brain to see the unseeable.

• Like 1

The performance is poor, but that is a brilliant win! Let's not forget that Brighton haven't lost to any team outside the top half at home. Chilwell was outstanding, nice to see him repay the faith that the manager has shown in him. I agree the build up was very slow, but you certainly can't blame Puel for the sloppy as shit passing. The red card was an absolute disgrace. Anyway, what a win1 Up the City!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Kevin Kilbane adamant Ndidi caught him, Garth Crooks said no way it’s a foul, I thought dive.

Is that for the foul on Duffy?

Kilbane might not be the best man to be giving his opinion there wrt to an Irish international

13 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Looked rusty with the team unable to string more then a few passes together. Best part of the game apart from the goals, was the Arab commentator on my stream calling Maguire, Honey Maguire.?

We're you watching BeIn? Some absolute corkers coming off that steam "Glen Murraaaai"

Guest Col city fan

Funny old game is footy.

After that bore fest, if Murray had slotted away that late(ish) penalty, I think we’d have lost the game. And this forum would be very different tonight.

The penalty miss I think gave us the impetus we needed to go on and win the game.

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

James is injured. Achilles issue - have to wonder if it might be a season ender.

Again? Gutted for him.

He sadly might be one of those players whose body simply can't cope with the demands of high level football.

Edited by ZeGuy

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Funny old game is footy.

After that bore fest, if Murray had slotted away that late(ish) penalty, I think we’d have lost the game. And this forum would be very different tonight.

The penalty miss I think gave us the impetus we needed to go on and win the game.

that's football for ya! 

Turning points as Puel has alluded to (and others on here tbh). It reminds me of Burnley a few seasons ago. Taylor misses a penalty and, quicker than how it turned out today, only takes us a minute to go up the other end and score.

That was a bigger turning point in the grand scheme of things but at least today we can now start the run-in with a bit of momentum and really push for 7th place. Other than the Burnley game, results went our way with Watford/Bournemouth cancelling each other out and Everton unsurprisingly losing. 

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Funny old game is footy.

But ain't that the sign of a good team? We played like shit, without the shadow of a doubt and bore fest isn't exaggerated, but still won. Away. A win's still a win.

The 7th place is still on.

Edited by ZeGuy

I honestly think the sooner Puel can get his own players in and the old guard benched or gone we will see a huge difference in our performances. We are trying to play a different style of football with players who previously could only play in  a one dimensional way. Yes at times it makes you want to rip your own eyes out watching  it but I put it down to some of the players just not being able to play or being suited to how Puel wants to play . Add to this some of the players who were never fantastic but we’re always a steady 7 have drastically dropped off in form and are a couple of seasons older so are now looking past it . 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Again? Gutted for him.

He sadly might be one of those players whose body simply can't cope with the demands of high level football.

Sadly it's starting to look that way :( Just put in another thread that I think we'll see Hamza Choudhury  next week - an audition for Ndidi's understudy as 'ball winner'. 

• Like 1