Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Away post match 2-0

6 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Sadly it's starting to look that way :( Just put in another thread that I think we'll see Hamza Choudhury  next week - an audition for Ndidi's understudy as 'ball winner'. 

Choudhury will quite possibly be on the bench, as we haven't got any spare senior CMs, with King gone and James + Amartey still injured. Think it will still be Iborra + Silva starting though.

4 hours ago, Weller in Tights said:

We’ll miss N’didi badly for the next two games.

i hope he plays Silva rather than James.

This is now the time to See isnt it.

I have no idea how it will pan out,but its going to be really interesting to find out if he is what

makes us tick.

Do we have a plan B without him.

One thing definite,I aint worried with the loss oft Ndidi.It means the fans in this forum,and the terraces,

are in for an exciting few weeks,to see how Puel and coaching staff are going set us up.

There is no need for worrying or approaching these 2games with trepidation.

It might create a more positive approach and attitude.

Newcastle,how about..

Schmeichel

Drago.  Morgan   Chilwell

Maguire

Albrighton/James.         Iborra

Silva

Mahrez.  Vardy.    Diabate/Nacho.

James apparently injured,so pop Albrighton in.

Edited by fuchsntf

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

This is now the time to See isnt it.

I have no idea how it will pan out,but its going to be really interesting to find out if he is what

makes us tick.

Do we have a plan B without him.

One thing definite,I aint worried with the loss oft Ndidi.It means the fans in this forum,and the terraces,

are in for an exciting few weeks,to see how Puel and coaching staff are going set us up.

There is no need for worrying or approaching these 2games with trepidation.

It might create a more positive approach and attitude.

Newcastle,how about..

Schmeichel

Maguire

James.            Iborra

Silva

James is injured, according to sources.

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Ahah, I'm soon to be exposed as worse than Hitler.

No, I don't want anyone to be injured but people fall over in the snow. 

I hope he's fit but never returns to our team, regardless of his journeyman reputation. he's a liability, in spite of his work rate and commitment, he doesn't seem to inspire confidence among the team whenever he plays.

How the hell is he a liability? Last two games without him we should probably have been 2-0 down in both.  There has been little improvement other than Iborra being able to score headers.

• Like 3

Pedestrian at times, Brighton were pretty clueless but we didnt seem to get out of 3rd gear. Mahrez kept drifting in first half and we had nothing on the right.

Penalty save woke us up, 3 points but left the ground thinking weve got away with it.

4 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

James is injured. Achilles issue - have to wonder if it might be a season ender.

Makes one wonder,if he will see out his 4yr contract anywhere near the 1st Team.

I rate him,but hes been so indifferent (no worse than some),since bis return From his major injury.

Top game against Chelsea(PL). Now this..

I ignore the baiters,who love to go on pathetic  crusades against one player or the other.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Puel was livid as well first half. He evidently doesn't want us playing pedestrian football but his demands for greater possession relies on the players being on their game and 1st half they were clueless. That's not Puel's fault really, I'm intrigued to see if he makes a success here, he's got a huge summer ahead of him to build something. 

It also relies on the opposition letting us, this is what some fans and possibly Puel don’t get. Brighton and Bournemouth and Swansea and Stoke...

They all look at a game against Leicester and think we can get something here if we keep it tight defend deep and pounce on any mistakes. We aren’t getting in behind teams because they are not letting us. We aren’t having much joy from crosses because defenders are deeper and more set. We would score from “crosses” to feet, think Albrighton to Mahrez and vice versa, but that only works if the defence isn’t set. A half decent set defence will deal with a cross into Vardy/Shinji/Mahrez 99% of the time.

Chilwell has now picked out Nacho and Iborra with crosses and they have scored two of our taller players. Generally the crosses are just pointless, so to defend against us you just need to do what we did to so many teams, funnel them down the channels and let them cross it in to our big centre halves. 

So many teams are scrapping for their lives at the moment and any win is a great win the motivation for getting 7th is not the same as the motivation for survival.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How the hell is he a liability? Last two games without him we should probably have been 2-0 down in both.  There has been little improvement other than Iborra being able to score headers.

Iborra was also often responsible for the ball going sideways and not launching a quick attack. He probably has the passing range to release Vardy or Mahrez but often he turns it down for the safer option. I noticed 3 or 4 times when a possible quick break slowed down to sideways passing because of Iborra. 

He’s a good player and very composed, but sometimes to the detriment of our counter attacking.

• Like 1

Missed the game today.

A terrible decision to give a yellow for that. Mind you Wilf's reaction is priceless:D

Ropey enough by the sounds of it until the 70th minute but a win is a win.

Yet again Diabate looks to be right at home judging by the highlights. Furthers the argument in favour of Claude and a chance for him to build a squad in the summer.

• Like 1

I feel for Ndidi. We're going to miss him badly. I agree we could see Hamza on the bench as a result. He's the closest we have an Ndidi type player though I think. Perhaps we could go like this:

Kasper

Dragovic Morgan Maguire

Albrighton Iborra Choudhury Silva Chilwell

Mahrez

Vardy

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I rather enjoyed Diabate's little dummy run in the lead up to Vardy's goal.

Diabate had an involvement in both goals. He's positive, wants to play with tempo and has a brain in his head. When his best position is established and he's settled in the team we'll have unearthed another gem. You can see the quality he has even in brief cameos.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Schmeichel

Maguire

Albrighton/James.         Iborra

Silva

James apparently injured,so pop Albrighton in.

I like the 3-4-3, but would prefer (don't like the midfield diamond):

Schmeichel

Drago  Morgan  Maguire

Albrighton Iborra Silva Chilwell

Mahrez   Vardy   Diabate/Nacho

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1