Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Col city fan

City v The Geordies Scoreline Prediction

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We'd better get a decent home win, Claude has been unconvincing at home as of late despite doing well on the road. Questions for him to answer. I'll be optimistic and go 2-1 City.

I do not intend to be provocative - I'm trying to understand your point of view. What are those questions? Or am I being too literal?

24 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I do not intend to be provocative - I'm trying to understand your point of view. What are those questions? Or am I being too literal?

Basically to prove his teams are capable of playing dynamic and incisive enough football to beat lower ranking opposition at home - our 'bread and butter' which is something we've been good at since rejoining the PL but we have become noticeably worse at with Puel in charge.

35 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Basically to prove his teams are capable of playing dynamic and incisive enough football to beat lower ranking opposition at home - our 'bread and butter' which is something we've been good at since rejoining the PL but we have become noticeably worse at with Puel in charge.

Are Everton and Southampton included in 'lower ranked'?

I'm not going to do the stats on this, but I suspect that 'since rejoining the PL' actually means 'between WHU at home 2015 to circa Burnley at home 2016', when, statistically, we were probably the best team in the land overall (I've not done the maths, so don't shoot me if we'd stopped being ahead by that point).

Hard though it is to swallow, the run of results that started the Great Escape and led to the title were an aberration, albeit a wonderful, mind-altering, intoxicating whirlwind of excitement. I think that colours everything we now perceive about Puel, and allows us to forget the dross that came in between.

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are Everton and Southampton included in 'lower ranked'?

I'm not going to do the stats on this, but I suspect that 'since rejoining the PL' actually means 'between WHU at home 2015 to circa Burnley at home 2016', when, statistically, we were probably the best team in the land overall (I've not done the maths, so don't shoot me if we'd stopped being ahead by that point).

Hard though it is to swallow, the run of results that started the Great Escape and led to the title were an aberration, albeit a wonderful, mind-altering, intoxicating whirlwind of excitement. I think that colours everything we now perceive about Puel, and allows us to forget the dross that came in between.

No, I really think that Puel's achilles heel at this point has been creating chances at home to kill of weaker teams that come to defend. Take our home games under him in  isolation and I think you'd have a fair few calling for him to go.

He has far improved our away form without doubt, but we've been strong at home in recent years - even during poor spells under Ranieri and Shakespeare we won at home more often than not, whereas under Puel you feel more comfortable playing away currently.

He has to win a few at home, and just as importantly put in some good attacking performances, to prove that he's up to establishing us as a genuine top half team.

11 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, I really think that Puel's achilles heel at this point has been creating chances at home to kill of weaker teams that come to defend. Take our home games under him in  isolation and I think you'd have a fair few calling for him to go.

He has far improved our away form without doubt, but we've been strong at home in recent years - even during poor spells under Ranieri and Shakespeare we won at home more often than not, whereas under Puel you feel more comfortable playing away currently.

He has to win a few at home, and just as importantly put in some good attacking performances, to prove that he's up to establishing us as a genuine top half team.

Well ok - pick a point at which to start and end the process of comparison - you originally said 'since rejoining the PL', but alter that if you like, I don't mind. I really doubt there's a huge difference, assuming we're avoiding results against the top 6 and agree who else we are/are not including.

7 hours ago, boots60 said:

2-0 City

Mahrez & Iborra

Att. 31,760

Weather - Raining but not cold.

Benitez makes flattering comments about Leicester City.

Angling for a better job!

I wish ..

I like Puel but Rafa is in a whole different league

19 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

How about I rate Rafa at a higher level

I know, I was having a self-knowing dig. Hopefully it won't upset the people on here who demand their right to be unpleasant at every opportunity (and this is not you, but I'm sure you realise that).