Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Burnley away match thread

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Morgan receives the ball and treats it like a ticking time bomb

This sums up why Drago needs to play. Puel wants the team to play on the ball. Drago is much more comfortable with the ball. Morgan breaks things up and it has impact all the way up the pitch because others know once they back pass to Morgan it is over. It really impacts on play.

4 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

It's not player power- it's managerial failure. Players will play for a manager that motivates them but these aren't.

Guess it’s been 3 straight failures then? I’m putting this down to players, at least partially. They are professionals, and there’s no excuse.

Edited by UPinCarolina

all due respect, i think id rather have Dragovic and Amartey in the back 4 for Morgan and SImpson, both have been pretty crap of late for me, but then again you can call a good number of them tbh

personally im not surprised we are losing, thought we would and Burnley for me have had a better season than us and deserve to be higher than us in the league

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Ahem, Iborra and Ndidi are out for starters. Then individual brain farts can't be accounted as a manager mistake.

I know you lot can't wait to get rid of the french man but at least give some decent arguments.

Given the array of finger pointing at various parts of the defence for the two goals today... my conclusion is they haven’t been very well prepared.

So the question is - how much defensive positioning work has Puel instructed compared to pattern of play?

I suspect... he may have focused too much of the later and not enough on the former.

Ultimately, a manager wins and loses via his team - and repeated individual mistakes can point to a managers failings as much as the players.

Mahrez is getting on my tits, every time the ball goes to him you just know it's going to end up either off the pitch or at a Burnley player's feet.

Edited by Carl the Llama
Nice attempt on goal there though tbf

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

Nothing to do with him being French - just personality missing and lacking in inspiration - that will do for me 

With all due respect, that bullcrap. You don't know how he is in the dressing room and how he speaks to the players. 

Ranieri, Shakespeare, now Puel The story is repeating itself. There are some fckers in the dressing room who apparently dictate how it should be played at LCFC.

• Like 2

Just now, chapero82 said:

Puel will relegate us abd the Puel in brigade will still say give him time we are in transition! How come Burnley are playing our way and winning? 

Puel won't relegate us. He'll be sacked long before then, as Shakespeare was.