Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Burnley away match thread

This is down to sheer laziness and a few individuals being done for us. Kasper, Simpson and Morgan need to sail off into the sunset in the Summer. Legends for what they did winning the league, but let us grow now boys, please.

5 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Hey, if that FK was an inch to the left, and Vardy and Mahrez had headed anywhere other than right at the keeper we’d be winning! Keep it up lads!

But none of them were, so we're not! 

• Like 3

So will Bert be defending the simpson performance again?

Both soft goals to people he should be marking.

that right hand side has been poor with Morgan, simpson and Kasper backing them up. I'll be happy to see all three replaced in the summer.

Choudhury and Gray the only two to come out of that first half with any credit.

I loved the Choudhury defensive 1 on 1 where he held the man up and then won the ball - on the right - exactly what Simpson is supposed to do.

Silva hasn't been given the ball. Okazaki wasn't in it until he became a target man - waste of time being on the pitch.

I think whoever asked about removing the old guard has been justified in that first half.

I'd rather lose with the youngsters like iheanacho, Darnell Johnson and Knight in than watch our oldies humiliated against a very ordinary Burnley side - who will soon be 9 pts above us.

45 minutes to save the season.

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Sliding down the table... West Brom we’re awful last season after getting past the 40 mark we are doing the same, and just look at where West Brom are now

We are still a game in hand over Everton. Although saying that, they do have the better line up of games remaining. 

13 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Get rid of the manager at half time absolute joke. If he is in charge next season we will be going down absolute pile of shite 

Can't believe someone upvoted you.

1 minute ago, danfox76 said:

why do our wingers not try and beat their defenders?.. our wingers get the ball.. then wait to get closed down.. then pass sideways or backward and its not just our wingers doing it

Because they’re inverted wingers

We've dominated and created more since Burnleys second but don't be fooled. Burnley know full well that they don't have to throw men forward and risk getting countered. All they have to do is contain us now as they're sitting comfortable at 2-0. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this finishes 3/4-0 as they'll catch us on the break. 

Ironic that we whip crosses high into the box yet send our target men out on loan lol

15 minutes ago, vanity said:

Anyone blaming Puel is deluding themselves. We have some cancerous prima donnas on this team, and we have players who lack the skills to play their position in this formation. We need to get better, we need to clear out a number of our title winners (Morgan, Fuchs, Simpson, MAHREZ, possibly Kasper), sign better players with the right skills, and we need to keep Puel. Anything else, we will be firing our next manager midseason when we quit on that manager too.

Lol, yeah get rid of Mahrez with his 11 goals and 8 assists

2nd goal Ward fouled Kasper standing on his toes but sloppy play From is giving easy chances to Blurnley CP needs to sort this out otherwise Everton will be catching up with us and Europe will definately be out of reach !!

Really shi t to think the easy points we’ve dropped last few months and we could have been 6th or 7th just far too much sloppy play giving the ball away last week really summed it up it looked like most were thinking of the beach rather than the game!!

SORT IT OUT CP !!

So let's just sum up the half, shall we?

We conceded two incredibly soft goals by men marked by Simpson, Morgan was involved as well, gifted possession in our final third unnecessarily on the first.

We have had what, four very high quality goal scoring opportunities, we had great shots at goal from within ten feet, but we've misfired on a number of headers, Vardy from Chilwell, Mahrez from Gray, Vardy from Maguire, plus Mahrez ignoring a wide open Gray to his left when he should've passed and Gray could've had a clear shot from PK distance... I mean, Burnley is hardly an impregnable fortress today, we simply are not finishing. 

Fans are blaming Puel, though for what IDK. His team selection may warrant some criticism -- playing Morgan especially -- but his attack has generated absolutely outstanding goal-scoring opportunities, we should have two goals easy. IDK how a different manager makes these guys finish better. They f'ing suck at it, they have all season, we need to f'ing learn how to finish.

• Like 4

Just now, leicsmac said:

When a manager cannot get the best out of the players, then it's right that they should go.

However, when three different managers cannot get the best of out the same group of players, perhaps it's time to think that the problem doesn't entirely lie with the manager.

I totally understand why people are annoyed but so many comments don't stack up. Read the match threads on here- Schmeichel is useless, Morgan past it, Simpson not good enough, Chilwell not good enough, Albrighton doesn't offer enough, Silva not up to it, Okazaki not offering enough. Now we have calls questioning why Slimani (donkey) and Ulloa (past it and not good enough) have been let go.

So, we've got about five good players at this rate- Maguire, Vardy, Mahrez, Ndidi and Iborra. Possibly Dragovic too.

If these players aren't good enough, and the back-ups (Iheanacho, Hamer, Fuchs, Amartey etc) not good enough either, what do people expect? If the players aren't good enough, the results won't be.

I think Puel will go fairly soon and to be honest I'm not that fussed. I don't particularly dislike him, can see his good and bad points but accept that we are a club that will change manager quite often, and generally the squad perform for a bit under a new coach. The club needs an overhaul.

• Like 1