Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Burnley away match thread

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I must admit, Puel's proved me wrong .I didn't think we could be worse than last week, he's exceeded expectations yet again.

Clearly not watching the game then. We’ve been much better than last week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vanity said:

So let's just sum up the half, shall we?

We conceded two incredibly soft goals by men marked by Simpson, Morgan was involved as well, gifted possession in our final third unnecessarily on the first.

We have had what, four very high quality goal scoring opportunities, we had great shots at goal from within ten feet, but we've misfired on a number of headers, Vardy from Chilwell, Mahrez from Gray, Vardy from Maguire, plus Mahrez ignoring a wide open Gray to his left when he should've passed and Gray could've had a clear shot from PK distance... I mean, Burnley is hardly an impregnable fortress today, we simply are not finishing. 

Fans are blaming Puel, though for what IDK. His team selection may warrant some criticism -- playing Morgan especially -- but his attack has generated absolutely outstanding goal-scoring opportunities, we should have two goals easy. IDK how a different manager makes these guys finish better. They f'ing suck at it, they have all season, we need to f'ing learn how to finish.

We need to f**king learn to defend

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

So will Bert be defending the simpson performance again?

Both soft goals to people he should be marking.

that right hand side has been poor with Morgan, simpson and Kasper backing them up. I'll be happy to see all three replaced in the summer.

Choudhury and Gray the only two to come out of that first half with any credit.

I loved the Choudhury defensive 1 on 1 where he held the man up and then won the ball - on the right - exactly what Simpson is supposed to do.

Silva hasn't been given the ball. Okazaki wasn't in it until he became a target man - waste of time being on the pitch.

I think whoever asked about removing the old guard has been justified in that first half.

I'd rather lose with the youngsters like iheanacho, Darnell Johnson and Knight in than watch our oldies humiliated against a very ordinary Burnley side - who will soon be 9 pts above us.

45 minutes to save the season.

I'm of the same opinion about giving the young lads a go, our season is just in maintenance mode now with what we have. Send the first teamers on holiday early and put the younguns in.

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Mate, it's simple. Morgan has been shit and gifted two goals today. This has nothing to do with team organization and the set piece problem is a very old one. The team, which mind was already set on either the WC or holidays anyway, is shell shocked and can't break an opponent who want it more. 

Atrocious on the ball? Lol, you fickle lot. Because we were so classy on the ball under Shakespeare , hoofing it like there is no tomorrow. It ain't boring it's patient. Something you lack. We miss key players in crucial areas and our style will stay wonky until we get them. Who the fck do you think we are? Barcelona? Bayern? We're currently a mid-table team in a rebuild phase and the manger can't do shit about individual mistakes.

We were not classy on the ball under shakespeare, we were shit on the ball, THAT IS WHY WE GOT RID. 

Patient??? You must be joking me. You're seriously deluded. It's getting embarrassing watching you lick Puels arse week in week out. We are going backwards, that is not a sign of rebuilding. Our gift from god manager doesnt have the foresight to drop said individuals, he doesnt have the forsight to buy replacements when most of us saw they were finished 2 seasons ago. How long does Simpson have to go on without any competition? How long can Schmeichel go on without a challenge? How long can Morgan walk into the squad? How long does Vardy have to dictate the way we play to the point we don't even have a ****ing target man to turn to because god forbid we play a style that does not fit the messiah? 

You've lost the plot. 

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

So will Bert be defending the simpson performance again?

Both soft goals to people he should be marking.

that right hand side has been poor with Morgan, simpson and Kasper backing them up. I'll be happy to see all three replaced in the summer.

Choudhury and Gray the only two to come out of that first half with any credit.

I loved the Choudhury defensive 1 on 1 where he held the man up and then won the ball - on the right - exactly what Simpson is supposed to do.

Silva hasn't been given the ball. Okazaki wasn't in it until he became a target man - waste of time being on the pitch.

I think whoever asked about removing the old guard has been justified in that first half.

I'd rather lose with the youngsters like iheanacho, Darnell Johnson and Knight in than watch our oldies humiliated against a very ordinary Burnley side - who will soon be 9 pts above us.

45 minutes to save the season.

Nope not at all... I can say what I see without carrying out a witch hunt because you want something different. At least have the balls to mention me properly. 

I think realistically schmeical, maybe chilwell, Maguire, ndidi, mahrez, Gray, vardy is decent. What we need is a replacement for simmo, morgan, okazaki and the other midfielder. We have nothing through the middle of the park most games.

2 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Lol, yeah get rid of Mahrez with his 11 goals and 8 assists

This is the sort of short-sighted thinking that led to this mess. Yes, let's put up with a player GOING ON F'ING STRIKE MIDSEASON and when he's done with his pout, let's pick his toys back up for him and give him a lolly. Funny how our decline so neatly tracks Mahrez's temper tantrum. It has had an effect on the locker room, it is self-evident, but people want to keep Mahrez at all costs when we will be a better team in the long-run replacing him with a young talent who plays hard all game and who wants to be here.

Yes, he is the one player we have who can create something out of nothing. He also doesn't play hard for more than half the game. We can do better.