Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Burnley away match thread

13 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Lol, yeah get rid of Mahrez with his 11 goals and 8 assists

And 0 goals and 0 assists in his last three matches, including this one.

Plus a barren spell when he threw his tantrums during the January transfer window and was forced to sit out.

But hey, nothing new coming from an Algerian Mahrez fanboy.

26 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Lol, that's basic football you already learn in the academy or youth clubs. This problem is older than Puel.

Its not, because your defending largely depends on the system, personnel and pattern of play - you will also adjust for the opposition.

Think how Liverpool defended against Man City - that was as a result of managerial decisions on the training ground. 

A manager at the top top level has to be meticulous in their approach - no stone unturned to extract the best performance.

Think about it - what did Claudio bring in the title winning season? Defensive discipline when it counted.

Defending is most definitely an area a manager can influence - it’s what managers like Big Sam have made a living from.

• Like 1

I’ve been sitting on the fence regarding Puell last few months with the changes the formations continue to select Morgan over Dragovic, I was thinking give him a few months after his summer spending spree to make the team his own but his continued negative play is far to worrying to hand him a huge war chest in the summer with what we’ve seen already and not been too impressed with !!

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I’ve been sitting on the fence regarding Puell last few months with the changes the formations continue to select Morgan over Dragovic, I was thinking give him a few months after his summer spending spree to make the team his own but his continued negative play is far to worrying to hand him a huge war chest in the summer with what we’ve seen already and not been too impressed with !!

He wants to play out from the back, we’ve got one player who looks like he can, and he doesn’t play him.

58 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

...glad the beers in the fridge are cold. I’m off outside to sit in the sunshine.

Too hot outside so back on inside , things don’t appear to have changed , ....drop Morgan

14 minutes ago, vanity said:

This is the sort of short-sighted thinking that led to this mess. Yes, let's put up with a player GOING ON F'ING STRIKE MIDSEASON and when he's done with his pout, let's pick his toys back up for him and give him a lolly. Funny how our decline so neatly tracks Mahrez's temper tantrum. It has had an effect on the locker room, it is self-evident, but people want to keep Mahrez at all costs when we will be a better team in the long-run replacing him with a young talent who plays hard all game and who wants to be here.

Yes, he is the one player we have who can create something out of nothing. He also doesn't play hard for more than half the game. We can do better.

We can not, and will not, do better