Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Riyad is still here. 

When have our owners ever been pushed around? If he's under contract and has no release clause then he's our player. 

There's no chance Maguire is going after one season unless someone pays silly money for him. 

We'll have to wait and see. We might not get any bids. If a top side make a realistic bid and he wants to leave then he'll be gone.

yeah tbf we've not acted like a little bitch about outgoings at all.

our owners have stood firm and with the ambition shown regarding ground expansion, new training ground, etc. I doubt we're going to start letting clubs mug us off for our players now. 

• 1 month later...

Mahrez, speaking at his unveiling at City, said: “I believe ‘H’ is a very good player. Since the day he came to Leicester, and after the season he had last season as well, it doesn’t surprise me when I see his level at the World Cup.

“Of course he deserves to play higher but Leicester are a good club as well, so let’s see. He’ll have to decide.”

Not a fan of that

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

Unfortunately we are going to have shite like this now until kick off of the new season. Thanks to Sky our season starts on transfer deadline day and not when it is shut.....and guess who we are playing. The media circus begins on Maguire. 

Mahrez can get stuffed with his comments. I hope he goes the way of Danny Benchwarmer. 

On a serious note, if any bids do come in, I hope we don't get Mahrez scenario 2, with agent pushing a move and the player camped at the airport. We saw how unsettling this was for our squad. 

The club need to thrash out a new deal and give him the arm band. If he rebels then I would let go in Jan at a crazy price. Don't need another 12 months of that crap. 

7 hours ago, Beechey said:

Not a fan of that

And some people on FT do not get the hostility from others towards Mahrez.  May be they may smell the coffee now.

• Like 1

It’s starting ,numerous rags reporting a big ‘50m’ bid  from Man U expected. 

IF we keep selling the crown jules we will be relegated!!! ( even one a window) 

Que the arguments if he wants out  let him go... 

4 weeks to get a replacement? We’ve had 4 months to get one for mahrez... 

New deal please ASAP!!

15 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

It’s starting ,numerous rags reporting a big ‘50m’ bid  from Man U expected. 

IF we keep selling the crown jules we will be relegated!!! ( even one a window) 

Que the arguments if he wants out  let him go... 

4 weeks to get a replacement? We’ve had 4 months to get one for mahrez... 

New deal please ASAP!!

Let's hope this is true then..... 

Screenshot_20180713-072618.png

I hate the way these club's manipulate the media to express their interest and unsettle a player whilst also trying to put a starting figure on a player's head. It's just a modern day version of tapping up, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of these so called journalists aren't getting kickbacks in some form. The FA need to try and do something about it but I guess it's very difficult to prove. 

If United want Maguire they'll need to double that figure in my view, however knowing us we'll probably agree to a deal for less than what has been publicised.

I guess this news will be a real test of Maguire's character. Can't blame him at all if he is interested. Unlike Man City, United have a good heritage and are genuinely a big club which has grown organically, not one which has been bankrolled by oil money. Also, I have a feeling that the World Cup experience has turned Maguire's head a little. 

• Like 3