Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

And some people on FT do not get the hostility from others towards Mahrez.  May be they may smell the coffee now.

I hope the ungrateful cvnt gets splinters in his skinny arse. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's obviously going to be all over the gossip pages. 

The gossip pages in tabloids are the paper equivalent to click bait. They want you to buy the paper and read the rumours. Given most people are United and Liverpool fans, it's nearly always a United or Liverpool rumour. 

One of the favourites over the last five years has been Bale, he's been going to Old Trafford every window since he left spurs. 

It just tells you Maguire's stock is high and he's popular atm with fans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

And some people on FT do not get the hostility from others towards Mahrez.  May be they may smell the coffee now.

No, you just expose yourself as a petty manchild taking football too personally. 

There are bigger clubs, Maguire most certainly will one day play for one. 

Stop being so juvenile and taking reality so personally. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No, you just expose yourself as a petty manchild taking football too personally. 

My view fellah.  Differs from yours, that's how it works. I just do not insult others for theirs.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I hate the way these club's manipulate the media to express their interest and unsettle a player whilst also trying to put a starting figure on a player's head. It's just a modern day version of tapping up, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of these so called journalists aren't getting kickbacks in some form. The FA need to try and do something about it but I guess it's very difficult to prove. 

If United want Maguire they'll need to double that figure in my view, however knowing us we'll probably agree to a deal for less than what has been publicised.

I guess this news will be a real test of Maguire's character. Can't blame him at all if he is interested. Unlike Man City, United have a good heritage and are genuinely a big club which has grown organically, not one which has been bankrolled by oil money. Also, I have a feeling that the World Cup experience has turned Maguire's head a little. 

I 100% agree with your first paragraph, it does really need to be addressed in some way, but how do you stop the papers making the unsettling crap up anyway? I was appalled at the way Guardiola went and "had a word" in Mahrez's ear after our game with Man City whilst still in the middle of the pitch, 100% tapping up imo, but it wasn't challenged.

16 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

My view fellah.  Differs from yours, that's how it works. I just do not insult others for theirs.

When you say "smell the coffee" you're implying that we should realise you're right. That's kind of arrogant.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When you say "smell the coffee" you're implying that we should realise you're right. That's kind of arrogant.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You are absolutely right.   Always are,  I am wrong.   Mahrez can say what he likes about Leicester. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I do if they're being moronic. 

And you can get away with it.

For someone who has difficulties with taking reality so personally you probably shouldn't call out those whose views differ from yours. A lot of us put the club above any individual and are unhappy with the sulky way a highly paid individual tried to wreck a season because he couldn't break his contract.

13 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Pretty sure that if Maddison had turned up and said that one of Norwich's other players deserves to play for a bigger club in his first press conference, their fans would have been pretty annoyed too.

It's one thing players transferring to bigger clubs- that's how football is and always has been- it's another to openly discuss the future of another club's player in the media.

Clearly my post was slightly tongue in cheek and slightly hyperbolic, and of course their are specifics in each case but my point stands.  Fans see what they want to see with only a regard for their own club.  I just wish we could all have a bit more class sometimes.  X

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I just wish we could all have a bit more class sometimes.  X

Are you that poster who keeps getting suspended on here for his classy posts? :P

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Clearly my post was slightly tongue in cheek and slightly hyperbolic, and of course their are specifics in each case but my point stands.  Fans see what they want to see with only a regard for their own club.  I just wish we could all have a bit more class sometimes.  X

I think Mahrez is the one lacking class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

So it's a race to the bottom?

I don't think we should bring Mahrez wife's latest tweet into this conversation.

Just now, RumbleFox said:

So it's a race to the bottom?

Not at all - I don't believe it shows a lack of class to call him out for his.

The man is an amazing footballer, but a questionable human being.

Guest Col city fan
29 minutes ago, FIF said:

And you can get away with it.

For someone who has difficulties with taking reality so personally you probably shouldn't call out those whose views differ from yours. A lot of us put the club above any individual and are unhappy with the sulky way a highly paid individual tried to wreck a season because he couldn't break his contract.

Good post FIF.

’Finners’ not only posts some utter garbage but can do so in a insulting way (see above). Yet he never seems to get banned.