Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

I can see us accepting a bid between £55-65m. It would be a shame but that's football. 

Got to be realistic, that would be a good price from a business perspective. When we signed him last year, people were giving it large that he was a huge waste of money for a defender that had just been relegated. He's now one of England's starting centre-backs, and has got to be in with a shout of being in or around the WC team of the tournament.

From a footballing POV, I'd hate to lose him, but if the price is right, I don't see any need to prevent the lad from playing Champions League football*.

*As long as it's not Spurs. I'd rather watch him rot on our bench than see him in a Spurs kit. lol

Edited by TeePee

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Mahrez saying Maguire deserves better than Leicester lol really hope Mahrez ruins his career like DD has, proper snake showing his true colours, just confirming what most people thought.

Really not sure why he'd say that, its such a backhanded comment. He's been given his chance to leave, so why does he need to throw shit at us?

• Like 1

Let be honest, I'm remember the days when no one was interested in buying our players and if they were it was a Sheffield United or some of that level, that when you need to be worried.

The fact that Champions League clubs are interested or have been interested in Maguire, Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Kante, show how far we have come. Its life, there is really only one club in the world that doesn't have to worry about another club chasing their best players in their prime and that Real Madrid.

I trust the owners, to do the business when it come to getting the best deal for the club, look at Mahrez, he's wanted out for 2 years, went on strike, but the they didn't make it easy for him to leave and in the end got a decent price.

• Like 4

Fvck me some of you on here are a little delicate aren't you? lol

I've never been a fan of Mahrez's lack of professionalism in the last year + but I've seen people since the end of last season and especially now after the World Cup openly say he's a defender with massive potential that could play regularly for a European team, Mahrez has said that and he's a snake. Our current position is a mid-table team and until we push on and look for a European spot then Mahrez is absolutely correct in that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

If the club were to accept a mediocre bid for him it really would cast doubt on challenging for Europe...  and I’d like to think after Mahrez-gate they aren’t that stupid..

As it stands, we won't get anywhere near Europe - we will finish between 9th-13th, which is fine considering the money we have spent / age of the team / quality of player. 

1 minute ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

If the club were to accept a mediocre bid for him it really would cast doubt on challenging for Europe...  and I’d like to think after Mahrez-gate they aren’t that stupid..

We won't, he has four years left on his contract so anyone who wants him will have to pay what the club wants.

Mahrez had two years left on his deal which is probably when the balance of power is equal between the club and the player. Had we not sold Mahrez this summer then he starts getting into the territory of making a decision of running his contract down and becomes a depreciating asset. 

• Like 1

It's extremely disappointing that Mahrez has said that but it makes no difference because every man and his dog has said it.

There's Man City United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool fans sites awash with fans begging their clubs to buy him Then there's the media all over touting him for various clubs.

We all wanted Vardy and Maguire to play at the World Cup and to do LCFC proud and Maguire has done that - this is the consequence of that success.

It wont stop there even if we have a brilliant season and finish in the top four it's mean some of our players will attract the attention of the big boys and will be tempted away - think Kante.

So even short term success like we had with the PL win wont stop our best players being chased only a sustained level of success will help to prevent it, even then historically and currently successful big clubs will always trump LCFC in terms of attractiveness.

• Like 2

I've heard nothing to suggest that Maguire is unhappy at the club.Appears to be genuine grounded professional who will take time to reflect and I cannot see him leaving this year.

We might not be one of the big clubs but we are not far short.Within the next couple of years should have a 40,000 Stadium and what looks like the best training facilities in the country.

So lets not speculate on his value he is not for sale.Lets build a team around him pay him the going rate and the future looks good

13 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:
Virgil van Dijk is 27 yrs old and cost Liverpool £75 mil. Why would we accept less for younger, English and arguably a better defender?

Agreed, Maguire could potentially be the best ball playing defender in the world. There's very few right now as good as him and his progression has been outrageous. His lack of pace will always be talked about though, pace is trendy for defenders even though it's no more important than actual defending or reading of the game.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Clearly my post was slightly tongue in cheek and slightly hyperbolic, and of course their are specifics in each case but my point stands.  Fans see what they want to see with only a regard for their own club.  I just wish we could all have a bit more class sometimes.  X

Mods please ban 

for talking about a hyper tescicle 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:
Virgil van Dijk is 27 yrs old and cost Liverpool £75 mil. Why would we accept less for younger, English and arguably a better defender?

Because Van Dijk had proved himself over a number of seasons, plus his transfer fee had been artificially inflated by the fact everyone knew Liverpool had the Coutinho money in the bank. Plus Liverpool probably didn't want to get into protracted negotiations bearing in mind they made an illegal approach for the same player and had to publicly back down).

Don't get me wrong, Mags is a top player, and almost certainly has the potential to be a better player (if he isn't already), but that Van Dijk fee was an anomaly.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really not sure why he'd say that, its such a backhanded comment. He's been given his chance to leave, so why does he need to throw shit at us?

To be fair 

he didn’t just come out with it he was asked.

if he said no, would it not be rather insulting to Maquire ? 

be surprised if the club even think of selling him tbh, would have to be a stupidly high bid for them to even consider it imo

£50 mil is peanuts and gets me that some in the media think its acceptable too, maybe as its little old leicester again.

him going to Man Utd could ruin him tbh with the way Jose seems to threat British players at times,

think HM will have the common sense to know hes the number 1 defender here and the fact we want to build a team around him and at the fore front

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

To be fair 

he didn’t just come out with it he was asked.

if he said no, would it not be rather insulting to Maquire ? 

No comment  or it's nothing to with me usually does it.