Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Difference between Harry and Mahrez, is one isn't represented by one of the biggest ***** in the game.

He'll sign a new contract, he's very happy here and it would have to be over £100m for us to sell.

The owners won't allow two big players to leave this summer.

He's very level headed, it's well documented he signed for us over Spurs because we said he'd play and also offered a little bit more.

Club are trying to build the team around players like him and Ndidi.

Edited by Abrasive fox

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Difference between Harry and Mahrez, is one isn't represented by one of the biggest ***** in the game.

He'll sign a new contract, he's very happy here and it would have to be over £100m for us to sell.

He's very level headed, it's well documented he signed for us over Spurs because we said he'd play and also offered a little bit more.

If the club don't spend and try to improve then those players you've mentioned will want out aswell. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Have you heard anything about any outgoings?

A distinct lack of rumours about getting rid of some deadwood with three weeks and six days left of the English transfer window. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
17 minutes ago, Gerard said:

A distinct lack of rumours about getting rid of some deadwood with three weeks and six days left of the English transfer window. 

Nothing specific, still expecting a big Mahrez replacement, but don't know if Puel wants to go down the route of younger players.

We do still need one or two experienced pros (26-30) in my opinion.

I'm very surprised Elder and Kingy are still here.

22 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

If the club don't spend and try to improve then those players you've mentioned will want out aswell. 

Last I heard, the club had spent about £50m on 3 players in positions that seriously needed strengthening. More to come I’d guess

Harry is the type of player that if genuinely a big club came in for him and would use him to his full potential we shouldn't stand in his way.

That said I can't see him going anywhere, not for £50m at the very least but suspect that's a toe dip bid.

13 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Harry is the type of player that if genuinely a big club came in for him and would use him to his full potential we shouldn't stand in his way.

That said I can't see him going anywhere, not for £50m at the very least but suspect that's a toe dip bid.

Unfortunately everyone has a price. If he was sold to a 'big club' then LCFC will never be considered as a big club, because as soon any Leicester player achieves footballing stardom like Kante, Marez, even Drinkwater they are sold. BIG clubs don't sell their assets that's why they achieve their goals.

4 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Unfortunately everyone has a price. If he was sold to a 'big club' then LCFC will never be considered as a big club, because as soon any Leicester player achieves footballing stardom like Kante, Marez, even Drinkwater they are sold. BIG clubs don't sell their assets that's why they achieve their goals.

Well they do they're continually recycling players although obviously to other big clubs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well they do they're continually recycling players although obviously to other big clubs.

I agree, but its a one way traffic, none in this direction. Unfortunately it will always be them and us unless someone has the courage and the finance to take them on 

4 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I agree, but its a one way traffic, none in this direction. Unfortunately it will always be them and us unless someone has the courage and the finance to take them on 

So how would you have handled the Mahrez situation differently?

Or Kante?

Or Drinkwater?

13 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

So how would you have handled the Mahrez situation differently?

Or Kante?

Or Drinkwater?

After winning the Premier League I'd  have given those guys an improved contracts and invested heavily in well know quality players to demonstrate it was not a 'one off', but instead of sliding downwards the next season as everyone expected, had a serious crack of becoming one of the 'big boys' and try to do it again

12 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

After winning the Premier League I'd  have given those guys an improved contracts and invested heavily in well know quality players to demonstrate it was not a 'one off', but instead of sliding downwards the next season as everyone expected, had a serious crack of becoming one of the 'big boys' and try to do it again

Kante had a £22m release clause to a CL club, we did really well to get £10m extra.

Drinkwater was great business at £35m, no question of that.

Mahrez we made the best of a bad situation but proved we weren't a soft touch.

I too was hoping we'd keep our big five players in Kante, Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater and Schmeichel and bring in another three or four upgrades who were at least the same level of Drinkwater and Schmeichel and we could kick on. Alas Kante left and we wasted the chance to build on our success by buying incredibly poorly. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Mahrez saying Maguire deserves better than Leicester lol really hope Mahrez ruins his career like DD has, proper snake showing his true colours, just confirming what most people thought.

What he actually said was:

“Of course he deserves to play higher but Leicester are a good club as well, so let’s see. He’ll have to decide.”

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Not at all - I don't believe it shows a lack of class to call him out for his.

The man is an amazing footballer, but a questionable human being.

Och, I don't disagree with you entirely.  I don't mind it if people say it in the manner you just have.  But we do look like a bunch of self important, hypocritical whingers if we go OTT which is, sadly, often the case.  It's like everything on here, never any balance or nuance.  Sure you can say he was out of orde ror that you are disappointed but no need for all the personal insults and childish stuff.  It merely negates the very points people are trying to make.  X

5 minutes ago, simFox said:

What he actually said was:

“Of course he deserves to play higher but Leicester are a good club as well, so let’s see. He’ll have to decide.”

He shouldn’t even be discussing Maguire.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Kante had a £22m release clause to a CL club, we did really well to get £10m extra.

Drinkwater was great business at £35m, no question of that.

Mahrez we made the best of a bad situation but proved we weren't a soft touch.

I too was hoping we'd keep our big five players in Kante, Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater and Schmeichel and bring in another three or four upgrades who were at least the same level of Drinkwater and Schmeichel and we could kick on. Alas Kante left and we wasted the chance to build on our success by buying incredibly poorly. 

Look, we won the league in the greatest sporting achievement in all of sporting achievement history.  We defied the odds and did something waaaaay beyond our means at the time.  You must realise the only reasonable option was then to become a top 3 team instantly and win the league again at least every other year.  It's that simple.  Never mind the millions Arsenal and Utd and the like have spent recently without winning it, we won it once so we should have just gone out and spunked our money on the best players in the world and won it again.  X

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

One of Simpson/Amartey

Benalouane

Elder

King

Mendy

Musa

Kapustka

Ulloa 

Slimani 

Are all deadwood and need to go. That’s a lot of players to shift with only 3 weeks to go.

Can't see Maguire being allowed to leave this year even if he wants to.  If he did, I would have to seriously question all our owners have said about being ambitious. There would be uproar and they'd surely start to lose the support of the fans, it could signal the start of a downward spiral.

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Look, we won the league in the greatest sporting achievement in all of sporting achievement history.  We defied the odds and did something waaaaay beyond our means at the time.  You must realise the only reasonable option was then to become a top 3 team instantly and win the league again at least every other year.  It's that simple.  Never mind the millions Arsenal and Utd and the like have spent recently without winning it, we won it once so we should have just gone out and spunked our money on the best players in the world and won it again.  X

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I never expected anything but it was our big chance to kick on which was wasted. We wasted £65m on Slimani, Musa, Mendy and Kaputska. 

I was hoping we'd keep Kante and imagine if we spent superbly like we had in previous years. £65m would have got us Maguire, Sidibe, Bailey and Salah in hindsight and we could be lining up like this for 2016/17:

Vardy

Bailey      Salah        Mahrez

Drinkwater Kante

Fuchs Huth Maguire Sidibe

Schmeichel

All hypothetical and in hindsight of course but that team would have been good enough to retain the title or at least get a CL spot.

• Haha 1