Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

That doesn’t sound good does it?

Leicester have been unbelievable to me and I’m really happy there but I’m also an ambitious player and everyone wants to play at the top.”

I agree 100% but to be fair that response could be a paraphrasing of his answer to two different questions:

1) How's it been since you joined Leicester?

2) Can you see yourself playing at the highest level?

I highly doubt that was his exact response.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

If they are offering 65m for him I'd take it. Then go out and get mawson from swansea. Or smalling. 

Mawson would be a good shout as a replacement. Obviously not the same quality as Harry, but not many are!

1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Manchester United only conceded 28 goals in 38 league games last season ( we conceded 60 ).

Think Jose would have been better served by buying Mahrez than putting a huge bid in for Maguire.

I've said the very same to a few Man U supporting mates. I can't understand why they weren't involved with regards to Mahrez, he's exactly the type of player they are screaming out for and, I believe, he would have played every game there.

Was it just that he was set on going to Man City and they didn't want to look silly losing out to Pep?

As for Harry, is there a transcript anywhere of what was said in the interview? I'm always extremely dubious when these quotes appear in a red top. If he's said exactly what's quoted, he's not actually nudging the club, he's laying it on the line. That would be hugely disappointing. However, as a few have mentioned on this thread already, if it does happen, there is a way we could make it work for us if we negotiate hard. That said, I simply can't see Utd using Bailly as part of the deal and, for me, that would be a must.

10 minutes ago, brownfox said:

65m  plus one of bailly, smalling  or rojo then I'd possibly consider it as it won't leave us short in the defensive department 

We all have our own opinions but I'm not keen on Smalling and I wouldn't have Rojo cutting the half time oranges let alone being let loose on the green stuff for us.

Speaking of green stuff, Rojo often looks like he's stoned when going into tackles. He's an utter bomb scare.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Has Mourinho already given up on Eric Bailly? United conceded a low amount of goals last season and Bailly is a very good player. 

I can't believe he'd use Bailly as a makeweight tbh. They were a much better defensive unit when he was fit and playing.

We'd end up getting offered Smalling, Rojo or Shaw. The first two are a serious downgrade and Shaw has an awful lot to prove still.

Everyone chatting like we can just command some of their players in return, as if those players may drop down from Utd to us.

Bailly is never coming here. He can play at another top club that also plays in Champions League, or Europa League at worst, he's that good. Could never see him playing for us right now.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everyone chatting like we can just command some of their players in return, as if those players may drop down from Utd to us.

Bailly is never coming here. He can play at another top club that also plays in Champions League, or Europa League at worst, he's that good. Could never see him playing for us right now.

We may be able to command players of theirs in return, just not any decent ones. You get the feeling if it happened as a player and cash deal, we'd end up with utter dross that Man U don't want.

57 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's hardly going to say: "I want to stay at Leicester for the rest of my life, regardless of whether I ever get to play in the Champions League."

We might want him to say he wants to stay forever but fans need to understand the real world.

It's a standard quote from a very good player who doesn't play at one of the very biggest clubs.

Relax.

PS As someone said earlier, I'd definitely consider £30m + Bailly + Shaw for him.

And add smalling  in too lol 

Cant see us selling, letting another big name leave the club this window would send the wrong message about their ambition and the owners have the ambition to get into Europe, they will be more intent on trying to move on the dead wood if possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

£80m?

£100m?

£30m plus Bailly + Shaw?

£15m + Bailly + Mata? 

£65m + Smalling or Rojo?

What the feck are you all on? Christ, the transfer window doesn't half send people into a frenzy.

Add them all up and I'll accept it.

290m plus Bailly, Shaw, Mata and Rojo. Then send Rojo on a season loan to Notts Florest and watch them slide towards the bottom whilst conceding a record number of penalties.

• Haha 1