Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

3 minutes ago, Finley Parsons said:

lol if they think 35 mill is enough to buy a young England international, they had better look at a different player, at a different club, with different owners ? 

• Like 3

Makes too many errors to be a consistent top club defender at the minute. Even on Saturday his reaction to the first goal was very slow, he could have been back on the line by the time Wood went around Kasper.

Can't see a top club going for him at all.

Edited by Fox92

46 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Makes too many errors to be a consistent top club defender at the minute. Even on Saturday his reaction to the first goal was very slow, he could have been back on the line by the time Wood went around Kasper.

Man city paid £50 mill for Stones, would put them in the same pedigree in all honesty 

54 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man City have already been in contact with Maguire since he joined Leicester. Not sure whether it was before or after they signed Laporte, but he is definitely on the shopping list of some big clubs. I strong end of the season/World Cup, and it really would not be surprising if they - or someone else in the CL - makes a move. 

Man City paid 50m for Stones who made numerous shocking errors in his last Everton season. Even in his first Man City season he at times looked like a pub defender. Vardy made him look like a mug in the 4-2 win. 

Maguire makes nowherenear the mistakes Stones made. If Maguire goes to a top 4 club he will adapt quick.

I love Maguire... :wub:  Please don't go yet... :cry:

In the League Cup game against Man City, he went on a marauding run in the last few minutes and looked the only one ready to eat himself to win the game. I ordered a replica shirt with his name right after...

11 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

lol if they think 35 mill is enough to buy a young England international, they had better look at a different player, at a different club, with different owners

We'd be silly to sell  an England International  to a top prem  for 35 million! :whistle:

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I'd be amazed if we keep Maguire and Ndidi - about 6 big clubs are interested in them both.

19 hours ago, Ed25 said:

Man City have already been in contact with Maguire since he joined Leicester. Not sure whether it was before or after they signed Laporte, but he is definitely on the shopping list of some big clubs. I strong end of the season/World Cup, and it really would not be surprising if they - or someone else in the CL - makes a move. 

If they haven't had a bid accepted that's 'tapping up' which Liverpool got in trouble for with Van Dijk. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
22 minutes ago, tiredclimb said:

If they haven't had a bid accepted that's 'tapping up' which Liverpool got in trouble for with Van Dijk. 

Every club does it, just not as explicitly as Liverpool did - I guarantee we've tapped up about 10 players already ahead of this summer.

21 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I do think that you're wrong. His mistakes can easily be ironed out with a bit more experience but his general game reading, composure on the ball and drive forward makes him a formidable asset.

I think that we will hang on him the next season (bids will come nonetheless) but he's definitely off after that.

Edited by ZeGuy

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Every club does it, just not as explicitly as Liverpool did - I guarantee we've tapped up about 10 players already ahead of this summer.

I'm not doubting we don't or that others don't. I just know that we could kick up a fuss if we wanted to put buyers off from pursuing. Worked for Southampton - for a while... 

2 hours ago, tiredclimb said:

Was not told whether they had had a bid accepted (though I highly doubt they had), only that they had been in contact. Interest is obviously there, but whether a bid will materialise this summer, I haven't a clue