Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

49 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

And therein lies the problem with trying to build your club around someone who may not want to stick around to see the club get built....

Or, therein lies the problem with being interviewed by a newspaper that is notorious for joining multiple answers together to form a new sentence and then some pleb on twitter reading he’s off to Man Utd from it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TeaMen Tom said:

And therein lies the problem with trying to build your club around someone who may not want to stick around to see the club get built....

But that will be the problem with almost any young, talented, ambitious player. 

1 minute ago, FoxOfMelton said:

I can't put into words how disappointed I'd be if he left us for United. I love the big bastard, and I utterly despise United.

Selling would also show a real lack of ambition.

No fear. Said he wants to go to a top team. Play at the top. That ain’t Yawnited. 

18 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I think it is a warning to City that we need to push on.

I think you're right but not sure how we do that. Without the right stature and sometimes even the geographical location, how do you even attract the right players. Living in a shadow, Man City, even with multi billionaire owners has taken them many years to get to where they are now and as wealthy and good as our owners are, they're not that.

A no nonsense short term solution re Maguire is merely tell his agent that whatever his and his client's thoughts are, he's only been here a year, he's not going anywhere so don't bother. However, from a businessman's point of view, £50-£60m for a 17m outlay would on paper represent really good business but at what what longer term cost? It's not just about 1 player. It's the message it sends out to other clubs, our current players, potential future players and our fans. Difficult decision for them as businessmen. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you're right but not sure how we do that. Without the right stature and sometimes even the geographical location, how do you even attract the right players. Living in a shadow, Man City, even with multi billionaire owners has taken them many years to get to where they are now and as wealthy and good as our owners are, they're not that.

A no nonsense short term solution re Maguire is merely tell his agent that whatever his and his client's thoughts are, he's only been here a year, he's not going anywhere so don't bother. However, from a businessman's point of view, £50-£60m for a 17m outlay would on paper represent really good business but at what what longer term cost? It's not just about 1 player. It's the message it sends out to other clubs, our current players, potential future players and our fans. Difficult decision for them as businessmen. 

I am not convinced that European football is about us buying expensive players. I believe we can be successful & keep our top payers by buying wisely and providing players like Maguire with an ambitious environment.  Players like Chilwell, Madisson, Gray & Nacho scream ambition and if we can hit that 6/7 spot this year then we can keep this team together.

20 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

There’s no chance we’d want Bailly in return, his wages will be north of £70k 

You do know we will have to pay more than 70k to keep Harry?

If he went Man U  he would  most likely be on 100k purely because its Man u.

Edited by les-tah

Just now, Everygamefox said:

I’d take 80 million and De gea

I have a possible job opportunity for you sir. Apply directly to the recruitment team, King Power Stadium, Leicester.

Best of luck. I'm hoping you get it :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Not more than 50k atm, but a new contract will come soon you’d imagine to keep him happy one more season 

So why would Bailly be out th question? It would never happen but im sure we'd pay the money...