Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

Just now, Ashley said:

So why would Bailly be out th question? It would never happen but im sure we'd pay the money... 

we would have to..

if you want to progress you have to spend the money obviously be a sensible but you have to pay the larger money to keep the better players and attract the better players.. 

12 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Not more than 50k atm, but a new contract will come soon you’d imagine to keep him happy one more season 

If he leaves after one season then he will have to give back a fair chunk of his s/o fee - it’s too simplistic to talk about weekly wages ........

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So why would Bailly be out th question? It would never happen but im sure we'd pay the money... 

He's not out of the question but it is rare for a player approaching his prime (and in the starting 11 before injury) to leave Man Utd for the likes of us.

Whether we like it or not, that would be a huge step down for him after a season when, injury aside, he looked a pretty good player.

Edited by Max Wall

Smalling and £60m would nearly cover it. 

Our only hope of keeping Maguire long term is if the novelty of him wears off or he's not as good as everyone thinks he is. Either of those scenario's and he'll be worth much less than he is now and it might be that defensively we are still suspect with him in a flat back 4. The upshot to keeping him is he has another superb season and teams get desperate and offer north of £90-100m for him but they may just try to get him cheaper by unsettling him and hoping we cave in.

I'd be tempted to sell if we get £65-75m this summer.

• Like 1

I'm afraid we need £75m at a minimum.

- No desire or need to sell

- Long contract left

- Key member of the squad

Anything less then I would lose what faith I had left in our recruitment / player dealing teams.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our only hope of keeping Maguire long term is if the novelty of him wears off or he's not as good as everyone thinks he is. Either of those scenario's and he'll be worth much less than he is now and it might be that defensively we are still suspect with him in a flat back 4. The upshot to keeping him is he has another superb season and teams get desperate and offer north of £90-100m for him but they may just try to get him cheaper by unsettling him and hoping we cave in.

There is a lot to say for selling your players at their peak values for clubs like ours.

It's all dependent on how good your recruitment is though, if you excel in that department then the more often you enter and exit the transfer market the better. If you keep buying the right players then you don't have to worry about making a profit as the opportunities to make a profit will keep presenting themselves to you.

At about £70m I would sell but it's only worth doing that if you have good back up options. I had great faith in the recruitment team at the start of the season making what I perceive to be excellent buys in Pereira, Evans and Maddison but the Danny Ward one looks horrendous on the face of it so my faith has dwindled.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's definitely at Riyad May 2016 levels of peak value right now, everyone's gone Slabhead nuts. I did think that, that demand and value will drop once we ride out this window. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's definitely at Riyad May 2016 levels of peak value right now, everyone's gone Slabhead nuts. I did think that, that demand and value will drop once we ride out this window. 

Not necessarily he will continue to improve here, continue to improve with England... he' still young, English his value is only going to one way and it won't be down

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Not necessarily he will continue to improve here, continue to improve with England... he' still young, English his value is only going to one way and it won't be down

Perhaps but world cup mania etc. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

We wouldn't have managed to sell Riyad for 60m to Arsenal in May 2016. The latest round of inflation hadn't yet hit at the time. There will be more inflation, Maguire's value will go even higher even with reduced hype.

Would take a bid of £75 million to even consider it so close to the deadline. The alternative is Morgan who is near the end. We'd have to be stronger than that. 

Makes you wonder why dragovic wasn't used more. Maguire was always gonna attract interest with the world Cup. 

Bailly wouldn't consider us. We haven't signed anyone close to the first 11 of the top 6 even with our rise. That won't change for now. 

2 hours ago, brucey said:

We wouldn't have managed to sell Riyad for 60m to Arsenal in May 2016. The latest round of inflation hadn't yet hit at the time. There will be more inflation, Maguire's value will go even higher even with reduced hype.

If his price rises simply because of inflation, effectively we don't get any more for him!

7 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

I'm afraid we need £75m at a minimum.

- No desire or need to sell

- Long contract left

- Key member of the squad

Anything less then I would lose what faith I had left in our recruitment / player dealing teams.

Its not as easy as that though is it? Man Utd, biggest team arguably on the planet, 75,000, Champions League, big wage rise, you and I would move, the precedent has been set with Van Dijk, but if a hefty bid comes in and he says he wants to go then bye bye. Shame, but replaceable. 

Edited by FoxyJim1987

All I'm hearing everyday on the radio, reading online sport news reckon Man utd need him as the defense needs shoring up. So I think he's off, won't want him feeling what would have been if he stays here, might effect his game here.