Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

1 minute ago, KJT said:

All I'm hearing everyday on the radio, reading online sport news reckon Man utd need him as the defense needs shoring up. So I think he's off, won't want him feeling what would have been if he stays here, might effect his game here.

They've not even made a bid yet. 

Until that happens no decision to make.

Seeing Jose on SSN he gave the impression hes got the squad now to start the season and hes not happy Personally i dont think theres enough time now before window closes to carry out a major transfer. I also doubt our owners will sell 2 of our top players in one window. Im quietly confident he will stay even if for one more season. Ireckon a new improved contract with a "get out clause" 

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Smalling and £60m would nearly cover it. 

Our only hope of keeping Maguire long term is if the novelty of him wears off or he's not as good as everyone thinks he is. Either of those scenario's and he'll be worth much less than he is now and it might be that defensively we are still suspect with him in a flat back 4. The upshot to keeping him is he has another superb season and teams get desperate and offer north of £90-100m for him but they may just try to get him cheaper by unsettling him and hoping we cave in.

I'd be tempted to sell if we get £65-75m this summer.

This is the best time to sell him if you go off Maguire individually. The fact we've already lost Mahrez and could lose Schmeichel makes it a no no for me, and it's gotten too late in the window for us to sell a key player, but I think Maguire, whilst good, isn't completely faultless and a lot of this is the classic World Cup trap. He was quite dodgy in a couple of the earlier games but his performances against Colombia and Sweden have propelled his reputation no end.

What I'm saying is his true value is probably about £40mil (not saying I'd accept that) but the World Cup has distorted things, just like it will for the likes of Yerry Mina and Denis Cheryshev. I don't want to sell him but this next two weeks is probably the most we'll ever get offered for him.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KJT said:

All I'm hearing everyday on the radio, reading online sport news reckon Man utd need him as the defense needs shoring up. So I think he's off, won't want him feeling what would have been if he stays here, might effect his game here.

Hes 25 not 35!

From one transfer saga to another. This is another one that could run and run. If Maguire doesn't go this summer, it will continue into January and possibly next summer.

I suppose it's good for the club that our players are wanted by elite clubs for astronomical fees, but I just think that with our owners we have the potential to crack that top 4 again within the next few seasons. Selling our best season after season will just turn us into Southampton.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a Drinkwater situation where Man Utd bid for him close to the deadline and we've got mere hours or minutes to replace him.

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I just hope this doesn't turn into a Drinkwater situation where Man Utd bid for him close to the deadline and we've got mere hours or minutes to replace him

They can bid all they like, a 4 years left on a contract means there's no pressure to sell.

• Like 1

Hate the media attitude that a so called “big club” comes knocking on the door for a player and therefore we should be obliged to sell.

If we have any ambitions of building a squad that could challenge the supposed “top six” some time in the future then keeping players like Maguire is a must.

We need to show we won’t sell our best assets (we’ve had to lose one but almost every club is sometimes forced to do that), but we can’t afford to be bullied into losing more.

Young exciting players like Maguire are who we should be building the squad around.

• Like 2

Give the man the armband and let's build for the future. He looked a lot more assured playing alongside better defensive partners for England and I can't help but think he'd be better suited in a 3-5-2 formation. He's still young and will get better with time, and he's our most valuable asset now.

If United offer £70m+ then I guess we'd most likely sell. The problem is that we'd be setting a dangerous precedent of letting our best players leave. With Mahrez we made it difficult and showed we aren't pushovers by dragging it out for 18 months, so I'd rather reject any bid for Harry and avoid being the next Southampton. The best players will always play for the best clubs but if we avoid rolling over as soon as a big club is interested we'll stand a much better chance of cracking the Top 6.

22 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Harry Maguire believes he will be an #mufc player before the transfer window closes on the 9th of August. [mail]

He will be playing at Manchester United alright on August 10th but wearing the blue or grey of the mighty Leicester City :scarf:

20 minutes ago, FirePower said:

If we can get £80mill I wouldn't be to upset if he left. There is better out there Maguire is not a finished article yet.

But if I was the owners I wouldnt entertain anything below £80mil

Lol and who you will bring in? If you think that money does everything or that a 60M defender will come here, you need a reality check.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

If we sell Maguire or even Kasper then all the owners talk of wanting to start pushing for the top six shows no ambition at all.

Keep selling our best players we only result in mid table or lower. 

Yes getting 60+ mill for him is a great profit but money we don’t need in the bank doesn’t do the talking on the pitch.

Four years left on his contract, we should be keeping him at all costs and building a team round him.

Signing young hungry players like Maddison ( who I really rate ) we have the opportunity to have a really good season if we keep the spine of the team.

Become a selling club like Southampton and we will constantly be bullied for our best players and the only way after that is dropping down the table if not relegation.

Guess we will find out how ambitious the owners really are come transfer deadline day but selling key players only ends in one way with no time to replace them.