Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Lol and who you will bring in? If you think that money does everything or that a 60M defender will come here, you need a reality check.

Wow reality check it seems as you are one of these ones who can't handle change. 

80 million.

Right.

Drogovic

Tawkoski not sure if spelt right.

Zouma.

Smalling.

Jones.

Keane.

Lascelles.

Dunk.

Mina.

Retsos.

Chambers.

And the list goes on and on plenty of defenders out there equal or better than maguire.

47 minutes ago, Frost said:

Give the man the armband and let's build for the future. He looked a lot more assured playing alongside better defensive partners for England and I can't help but think he'd be better suited in a 3-5-2 formation. He's still young and will get better with time, and he's our most valuable asset now.

If United offer £70m+ then I guess we'd most likely sell. The problem is that we'd be setting a dangerous precedent of letting our best players leave. With Mahrez we made it difficult and showed we aren't pushovers by dragging it out for 18 months, so I'd rather reject any bid for Harry and avoid being the next Southampton. The best players will always play for the best clubs but if we avoid rolling over as soon as a big club is interested we'll stand a much better chance of cracking the Top 6.

The reality is 25 year old £70m rated Leicester players won't be hanging around too long anyway.

I've no problem selling our best players for astronomical numbers just as long as we really invest in our scouting system. The "Southampton model" is a great one for a club like ours as long as we can keep buying top young talent with the proceeds and keep the bad buys down to a minimum. I can forgive the scouting team Musa but Slimani, Benalouane and Mendy just looked overpriced before we even signed them as does new signing Danny Ward.

I don't mind being the club that develops outstanding young talent and sells them on a couple of years later for huge profit and then at some point we keep the group together and break into the top six would be the plan.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If Maguire does go (and I don't think he will) I reckon we'll give Swansea the £20m they want for Mawson.

2 minutes ago, FirePower said:

Wow reality check it seems as you are one of these ones who can't handle change. 

80 million.

Right.

Drogovic

Zouma.

Smalling.

Jones.

Keane.

Lascelles.

Dunk.

Mina.

Retsos.

Chambers.

And the list goes on and on plenty of defenders out there equal or better than maguire.

Of course. All of them can't wait to play for us. 

1 minute ago, FirePower said:

80 million.

Right.

Drogovic

Zouma.

Smalling.

Jones.

Keane.

Lascelles.

Dunk.

Mina.

Retsos.

Chambers.

Dragovic doesn’t want to come here.

Smalling and Jones couldn’t even lace Maguires boots

53 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Harry Maguire believes he will be an #mufc player before the transfer window closes on the 9th of August. [mail]

And your basis for that statement is....?

Just now, That_Dude said:

Of course. All of them can't wait to play for us. 

90% would probably play for us if beids went in.

People need realise football is not a loyal sport Maguire has had one great season the rest have been very good throughout there careers 

3 minutes ago, FirePower said:

80 million.

Right.

Drogovic

Zouma.

Smalling.

Jones.

Keane.

Lascelles.

Dunk.

Mina.

Retsos.

Chambers.

Jones? Is that Joey Jones?

Chambers?

Keane would also be a giant leap of faith at this point.

Are you serious?

I can see some of your case for arguing the others, even if I don't agree (although certainly not Smalling for me).

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If Maguire does go (and I don't think he will) I reckon we'll give Swansea the £20m they want for Mawson.

Dunno.

"Every player wants to play at the highest level. I’ve just come back from playing at a World Cup, where I really enjoyed the high pressure of the games," he told the Sun . "It was something that I really thrived off.

"Leicester have been unbelievable to me and I’m really happy there but I’m also an ambitious player and everyone wants to play at the top."

Source: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-harry-maguire-14940165

Rings a bell?

Between Mawson and Maguire, I know who I'd choose. I don't think we'll sell, that would be a massive blow.

Just now, Max Wall said:

Jones? Is that Joey Jones?

Chambers?

Keane would also be a giant leap of faith at this point.

Are you serious?

I can see some of your case for arguing the others, even if I don't agree (although certainly not Smalling for me).

I'm just picking names off the top of my head.

Last thing we want is a our CB having his head turned and us having a Mahrez situation again I'd rather not go through it accept a humongous bid and start again

Dunno.

"Every player wants to play at the highest level. I’ve just come back from playing at a World Cup, where I really enjoyed the high pressure of the games," he told the Sun . "It was something that I really thrived off.

"Leicester have been unbelievable to me and I’m really happy there but I’m also an ambitious player and everyone wants to play at the top."

Source: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-harry-maguire-14940165

Rings a bell?

Between Mawson and Maguire, I know who I'd choose. I don't think we'll sell, that would be a massive blow.

We won't sell unless we're offered silly money. And Maguire won't kick up a stink, because he's just not that type of character.

He certainly would but as I said, quality wise I'd personally keep Maguire.

I think everyone would want to keep Maguire but if his heart isn't with our club anymore and he's had a taste of big club syndrone we are going to shoot our selfs in the foot 

Just now, FirePower said:

I'm just picking names off the top of my head.

Last thing we want is a our CB having his head turned and us having a Mahrez situation again I'd rather not go through it accept a humongous bid and start again

I don't really have an issue with that.

My issue was with statement that Jones,Chambers, Smalling and Keane being the equal of, or better than Maguire.

Christ knows why this post is in italics either, f***ing chromebook.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

He certainly would but as I said, quality wise I'd personally keep Maguire.

Mawson is in exactly the same position Maguire was this time last year. A promising youngish CB playing for a team that just got relegated. Who's to say this time next year he won't have emulated what Maguire has done?

If this is going to happen (not sure it will do) then we should be going after somebody now and ask for player in return from utd to ensure that our defence is overall in a better shape. I love big Harry and would hate to lose him, but options of zouma (for example), lindelof, Evans and Morgan is better overall then what we had last year and with a profit if we are looking at 70+ mill. 

Edited by North Leeds Fox

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Mawson is in exactly the same position Maguire was this time last year. A promising youngish CB playing for a team that just got relegated. Who's to say this time next year he won't have emulated what Maguire has done?

Call me cautious. We're jumping in the unknown this season, certainly going to experiment going forward, so I'd like to know that there is a solid, proven pair of CBs to cover if things go south.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

If this is going to happen (not sure it will do) then we should be going after somebody now and ask for player in return from utd to ensure that our defence is overall in a better shape. I love big Harry and would hate to lose him, but options of zouma (for example), lindelof, Evans and Morgan is better overall then what we had last year and with a profit if we are looking at 70+ mill. 

Zouma never reached the same level before he was injured. Lindelof is shit. Morgan should be seen as back-up and nothing more.

Anyone wanting to sell Maguire is mental. I'm sure he'll be off next summer but for this one, there is just no way we should sell him. At any price.

11 minutes ago, FirePower said:

I think everyone would want to keep Maguire but if his heart isn't with our club anymore and he's had a taste of big club syndrone we are going to shoot our selfs in the foot 

I totally understand the point you make there though.

His statement was slightly naughty imo but lots of players do it.

Has anyone come up with a transcript of the interview yet as I'm loathe to believe any paper 100%? There is an argument that his stock may never be higher than at this point so, whilst I think it's important we keep him, he's not irreplaceable in the actual team but we really don't need a certain starter leaving at this point.. 

I'm of the same mind as others too, it would send out a terrible message if some loose paper talk stirs up a very quick transfer of one of our better players to a top 5 club. 

I'm still more likely to believe this came from Man Utd as a way of unsettling him before the opener. You can't tell me Jose didn't watch what Pep did unsettling Mahrez last season. He'd rather have a Maguire with his head up his arse playing against his team in a few weeks. I hope so anyway.

We need to set a date for this one.

We simply cannot sell him without replacing him and we can't be doing another Drinkwater/Silva on the last day.

If we decide to cash in (which I can't see happening) then we need to do it early so we can get spend the money on replacements.

We absolutely can't go into the new season with Benalouane, Morgan and Evans as our three central defenders. I'd even argue that we need another CB in any case.

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Call me cautious. We're jumping in the unknown this season, certainly going to experiment going forward, so I'd like to know that there is a solid, proven pair of CBs to cover if things go south.

Hi Cautious! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1