Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

I totally understand the point you make there though.

His statement was slightly naughty imo but lots of players do it.

Has anyone come up with a transcript of the interview yet as I'm loathe to believe any paper 100%? There is an argument that his stock may never be higher than at this point so, whilst I think it's important we keep him, he's not irreplaceable in the actual team but we really don't need a certain starter leaving at this point.. 

I'm of the same mind as others too, it would send out a terrible message if some loose paper talk stirs up a very quick transfer of one of our better players to a top 5 club. 

I'm still more likely to believe this came from Man Utd as a way of unsettling him before the opener. You can't tell me Jose didn't watch what Pep did unsettling Mahrez last season. He'd rather have a Maguire with his head up his arse playing against his team in a few weeks. I hope so anyway.

Like I said in a previous post, he just doesn't  strike me as that type of character.

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Zouma never reached the same level before he was injured. Lindelof is shit. Morgan should be seen as back-up and nothing more.

Anyone wanting to sell Maguire is mental. I'm sure he'll be off next summer but for this one, there is just no way we should sell him. At any price.

Those two were just an example and wes would be 4th choice as part of that. I don't want him to go and think it's unlikely considering the amount of time left in this window. I just feel as though contingencies should be made early as a world record fee for a defender in all likelihood isn't going to be refused. 

20 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Mawson is in exactly the same position Maguire was this time last year. A promising youngish CB playing for a team that just got relegated. Who's to say this time next year he won't have emulated what Maguire has done?

He can but only to a certain degree. Let's face facts, it's the World cup that's turned Harry into what he is at this moment in the eyes of many outside our club. That isn't available to Mawson.

Don't get me wrong, I think Mawson would be a solid purchase but, unless he is magnificent all season, he can't get to where Harry Maguire stands this morning because of the profile boost a good World cup brings globally.

As an example, I said Maguire would play in Englands defence at the World cup to several Man U supporting mates back in March or so. They couldn't stop laughing at me. Now they all want him to sign for yanited, bar none.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

They can bid all they like, a 4 years left on a contract means there's no pressure to sell.

To be fair, I think you're right.

Player power may increase the pressure to sell in situations like these. He could hand in a transfer request and/or tell a journo that he wants to play for Mourinho, etc., etc.

But, on the face of it, Maguire appears less likely to be the kind of guy who would kick up a stink and go on strike.

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So we're not expecting anyone who played in the later games of the WC to play in the opening game?

Does this apply to us as well?

Can't imagine Vardy not appearing at Old Trafford after his pre-match Red Bull and Espresso. Claude would have to tie him up to stop him

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

So we're not expecting anyone who played in the later games of the WC to play in the opening game?

Does this apply to us as well?

I read a quote somewhere from Mourinho saying he wouldn't play any players in that first game that went deep into the World Cup. Could just be his usual mind games though. 

As for us, I doubt we'd want to go to Old Trafford without Maguire and Vardy. I'd be shocked if they didn't start.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Young and Lingard?

Yeah those too.

They'll probably play something like this;

De Gea

Valencia Smalling Bailly Shaw

Matic

Herrera Fred 

Martial Sanchez Mata 

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

To be fair, I think you're right.

Player power may increase the pressure to sell in situations like these. He could hand in a transfer request and/or tell a journo that he wants to play for Mourinho, etc., etc.

But, on the face of it, Maguire appears less likely to be the kind of guy who would kick up a stink and go on strike.

I think so but unlike Marhez, if he did get awkward and strike and our owners didn't want to sell, then he's just the stature of player to make an example of. He's not yet on huge money so, bollocks to your new deal, you will stay for the next 4/5 years come what may and we'll burn your entire career son, we decide if and when your transferred not you and your agent slab head.  There'll be no England, no ambitious future so just go away and rot. 

Sounds harsh but that's how I feel about any whiny footballers who are grateful when they first come to a good club on good money then two minutes later it's Billy Big Bollocks time. If he'd got half a brain cell in that breeze block head of his he wouldn't give the press any ammunition at all. A standard 'I'm contracted to Leicester where I am very happy' would have done and anything to the contrary should be done through agents and clubs. If it wasn't that it would have been so financially costly with Marhez and his shenanigans, I'd have loved to have seen him rot and have his career ruined the piece of shit. I don't blame any player being ambitious or wanting more money but there's a right and a wrong way how you go about it. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think so but unlike Marhez, if he did get awkward and strike and our owners didn't want to sell, then he's just the stature of player to make an example of. He's not yet on huge money so, bollocks to your new deal, you will stay for the next 4/5 years come what may and we'll burn your entire career son, we decide if and when your transferred not you and your agent slab head.  There'll be no England, no ambitious future so just go away and rot. 

Sounds harsh but that's how I feel about any whiny footballers who are grateful when they first come to a good club on good money then two minutes later it's Billy Big Bollocks time. If he'd got half a brain cell in that breeze block head of his he wouldn't give the press any ammunition at all. A standard 'I'm contracted to Leicester where I am very happy' would have done and anything to the contrary should be done through agents and clubs. If it wasn't that it would have been so financially costly with Marhez and his shenanigans, I'd have loved to have seen him rot and have his career ruined the piece of shit. I don't blame any player being ambitious or wanting more money but there's a right and a wrong way how you go about it. 

He’ll get interviewed 100s of times. It’s hard to avoid every question. Saying Man Utd are a huge club and being flattered by their interest isn’t a completely ridiculous response. Most young players would feel the same. Let’s not worry just yet.

22 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

He’ll get interviewed 100s of times. It’s hard to avoid every question. Saying Man Utd are a huge club and being flattered by their interest isn’t a completely ridiculous response. Most young players would feel the same. Let’s not worry just yet.

If that's what he'd said I'd agree with you. 

The press is ramping up on this now saying the players keen on the Man United move. If thats true then Maguire looks like he could be on the way to filling Mahrez's vacated pram. I cannot see the owners selling which is why the pram with fresh teddies could be needed. When you consider the backbone running through the team has been Schemichel, Maguire, Mahrez and Vardy, forgetting for a moment that Schmeichel is being linked to Chelsea, then losing Mahrez and Maguire removes our only two ball carriers. It'd have to be the return of hoofball. Schmeichel punts to Vardy and that's not going to inspire fear into any EPL team.

There is no way any team is progressing if it sells two of its three best players in one window. which is why Maguire might be on the way to filling Mahrez's vacated pram but rather, I hope its agents playing games looking to boost his LC new pay deal under a new long term contract.