Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

19 minutes ago, StevieB said:

What are you an ostrich, you must have had your head in the sand, because your a bloody ostrich :)

I think that remains one of my favorite Big  Nige moments..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If that's what he'd said I'd agree with you. 

I wasn’t saying that’s what he said, but most interviews would have been along those line. Some make the headlines some don’t... we don’t see the ones that don’t. 

If they offer 65 mill he’s gone. Regardless. He’s going to be desperate to go also, sorry for anyone who thinks otherwise but he’s had a taste of the top table now and his stock may never be higher. I can see this happening sadly. 

£65 million may seem good on the face of it …. but it leaves us literally no time to bring in adequate replacements.

If it ends up in us being relegated , which is possible with  Benny, Morgan and Evans in defence ,  then it will be a 

terrible decision. Harry seems a level headed lad and am sure if the situation is explained to him I don't think he'd throw his toys  out of the pram.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ronnup said:

If they offer 65 mill he’s gone. Regardless. He’s going to be desperate to go also, sorry for anyone who thinks otherwise but he’s had a taste of the top table now and his stock may never be higher. I can see this happening sadly. 

This is my view too, very sadly. Just wish Southgate had played Cahill instead of Harry at the World Cup. 

23 minutes ago, ronnup said:

23 minutes ago, ronnup said:

The lad isn't going no where this season, the owners aren't  dumb, take 65m and possible relegation and lose out on 100m plus on TV,add to that commercially and stunt the growth of the club.

Be sad to see him go but I’m not entirely convinced he’s a £65m defender playing in a back four. If he is going do it bloody quick as time is not going to be on our side to bring in a replacement.

I’ve been told that a bid was made, however we didn’t bother responding. 

Reading brtween the lines, we’ve matured as a club from one or two seasons ago, we won’t make the same mistakes again.

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue

Hold firm tell them to do one.let this happen and we will be cherry picked at will.think 65 million is good value but time to make a stand.

7 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Whilst I think that you'd  be very right usually,  I just wonder whether both the timing and effect this particular sale might have would make them think twice?  £65m represents on the one hand excellent business for a player bought for 17m , but it's not worth as much as Premiership survival or the huge 'for sale' notice you'd be putting on our front door is it?

Is potential relegation an over reaction? Well Evans and Maguire would probably be the slowest and perhaps the most ageing pairing of CBs in the Premiership and I don't think Wes has the legs for another full season. Any club selling us another CB would no doubt hoik the price up knowing that with the Marhez and Maguire sales, we may have somwhere in the region of £120m in the bank! Paying big money for an inferior product would somehow defeat the object of the exercise.

I also don't think it would be great for the sometimes fickle moral of our team on the eve of a new season and players like Maddison, if they come good, know that at the drop of a hat they can just leave whenever they want in the future, such is the precedence set by selling such a prize asset after just 12 months. Our supporters too would have their mindset changed from cautious optimism for a new season to a deflated sense of having been conned by our owners who'd sold us the mantra that they were in it to be ambitious and go places. You don't get into the top 6 selling your best players, it's been proven time and time again. They'd now be seen as mere dealers and profiteers and the affection for them would start to dissipate.They would then at least save some money on a ground extension because like it or not, if that bubble of expectation bursts, the 'Johnny come lately' support can disappear as soon as it came.

• Like 1

If we had anything about us we would have anticipated this before the World Cup and started considering our replacements long ago.

£65m would be a difficult price to turn down if we have someone else lined up.

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

Every club outside the top six eventually sell their best players if they're elite standard.

So do those in it.

Couthino, Suarez etc...

9 hours ago, brucey said:

Chris Wheeler from the Mail made up the statement about Maguire "expecting to leave Leicester" yesterday evening, and now basically every journo has just taken it and run with it. It'd be funnier if it wasn't so desperate.

FTers are mostly morons though.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

We cannot let him leave.  To start with Wes and Evans in tandem will be a monumental car crash.

personally I'm a little worried with the Evans signing. He isn't what FTers think he is. Promoting one of the youngsters would have been better no matter what I read here. Young,fast and skilled. They'll make a few errors but then every defender does.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

If we had anything about us we would have anticipated this before the World Cup and started considering our replacements long ago.

£65m would be a difficult price to turn down if we have someone else lined up.

You are talking about our DOF / Recruitment team here. They have known that Mahrez would be leaving for over 12 months now and have no replacement lined up, so how can they have a replacement lined up for Maguire they are bloody useless and not fit for purpose.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

So do those in it.

Couthino, Suarez etc...

personally I'm a little worried with the Evans signing. He isn't what FTers think he is. Promoting one of the youngsters would have been better no matter what I read here. Young,fast and skilled. They'll make a few errors but then every defender does.

Maguire didn't against the mighty Tunisia,  Panama, Colombia and Sweden... That's why he's now worth £60m!..

What a joke! 

31 minutes ago, FIF said:

So do those in it.

Couthino, Suarez etc...

We needed an expirence head to go into our back line, not some Kid. 

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

dont get me wrong £65mil is alot and hes worth it, but would HM really want to play under someone like Jose?? the way hes treated some of the young english players at clubs hes been at is ridiculous, and if he had a couple of bad games hed get throw to the lions so to speak by Jose,

in all honesty think if he was to move it would have to be to a better club than Man Utd(under Jose) and one that more suits his style of play(Man City, Liverpool)

tbh tho i wouldnt want him to go and dont think he will