Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I'd be amazed if we keep Maguire and Ndidi - about 6 big clubs are interested in them both.

Neither seem like the type to push for moves. Reckon the club will take the approach of 'not for sale if player isn't kicking up a fuss'. World Cup will also mean they'll have at most 1-1.5 months after it ends to sort out a move, I can imagine us dragging our heels on purpose. Have the players heads been turned?

His price just went up :P

Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham in £50m transfer war for Leicester City’s Harry Maguire

Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are all interested in signing England international defender Harry Maguire, according to the Daily Star.

The Premier League quartet, who all sit in the top six of the top-flight standings this campaign, have all been linked with a £50m fight for the signature of the Leicester City star this summer.

The 25-year-old, who has four international caps for the Three Lions, has scored two goals and provided three assists in 39 appearances in all competitions for the Foxes so far this season.

Maguire, who arrived at the King Power Stadium back in June following his switch from Championship side Hull City, in a deal that could rise to £17m, has caught the eye of the division’s big guns after an impressive debut term at Leicester.

North London rivals Arsenal and Spurs are understood to have had £40m enquiries rejected by the Foxes during the previous January transfer window, with the Foxes desperate to hang on to the centre-back’s services, who is expected to feature for England at this summer’s FIFA World Cup finals in Russia.

The key to keeping Maguire is making him pretty much integral to the team and the main man at the back, this is why we need to completely overhaul the back 4 and goalkeeper options and the old guard in general. He'd be captain next season and have a new centre half alongside him and a new right back and left back, plus a new goalie.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The key to keeping Maguire is making him pretty much integral to the team and the main man at the back, this is why we need to completely overhaul the back 4 and goalkeeper options and the old guard in general. He'd be captain next season and have a new centre half alongside him and a new right back and left back, plus a new goalie.

If a champions league team are interested in him, he will want to leave. We'll probably be able to get another season's service from him, but we should start the scouting now for a replacement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed25 said:

Was not told whether they had had a bid accepted (though I highly doubt they had), only that they had been in contact. Interest is obviously there, but whether a bid will materialise this summer, I haven't a clue

If they had a bid accepted he wouldn't be here to be fair. I meant that in the proper process buying clubs aren't allowed to talk to a player until the selling club have agreed to a fee. Although as other members have pointed out those talks still end up happening anyway. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I imagine Chilwell and Kasper are part of our defence next season but I can definitely see a new RB and CB.

On 4/16/2018 at 03:41, Monsell1976 said:

lol if they think 35 mill is enough to buy a young England international, they had better look at a different player, at a different club, with different owners ? 

I don't know, I'd look at the club that has John Rudkin. :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, Koke said:

From what I gather Maguire is on about £45k a week. He can easily double that at a top 4/6 club.

£45k? Wow. I have trouble believing that. Someone will be giving him a new contract in the summer. Hopefully it's us.

58 minutes ago, Koke said:

From what I gather Maguire is on about £45k a week. He can easily double that at a top 4/6 club.

I think you are way out there. He was in the last year of his contract which is why we only paid £12 Mill + add ons 

Player takes the extra money he is worth - whether this is a big s/o fee or a big salary, I don’t know but I believe the effective weekly salary is 80k. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Double that, and you would be closer. One of the clubs highest earners, so I hear...

Edited by Ed25

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

i cant see the owners allowing both riyad and one of these to leave in the same window. Maguire is on a big salary. wilf is not. 

Don't both Maguire and Ndidi have four years left on their contracts?  And both are young and still developing, especially Ndidi.  Surely our owners will stay firm, and surely neither would go on strike.

Worth a look at sweetening their paychecks, although I don't suppose they would want to extend.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I'd be amazed if we keep Maguire and Ndidi - about 6 big clubs are interested in them both.

With the inevitable high profile departure of Mahrez in the summer im certain the owners will refuse to sanction a move for either Maguire or N’didi. They’re simply too important to us in this critical time of transition & squad refreshment. I fully expect both to sign improved contracts this summer & Maguire becoming the new club Captain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koke said:

He came from Hull where he would of been on half of that. Spurs were in for him and although we offered better contract terms (which is clearly a bonus) the main reason he came was the fact we were the natural progression for him & his development. We can easily double if not triple that! The game time he’s had led to an international call up which is most important in his development & shows he made the right decision coming to us. It will be a similar situation no doubt in the summer where he may well have offers from top 4 teams but without the guarantee of game time. He’s not stupid, Drinky is the perfect example of how quickly it can all change if you don’t play regularly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Don't both Maguire and Ndidi both have four years left on their contracts?  And both are young and still developing, especially Ndidi.  Surely our owners will stay firm, and surely neither would go on strike.

Worth a look at sweetening their paychecks, although I don't suppose they would want to extend.

Ndidi will definitely be extending this summer - he won't want to run down a 4 year contract on 25k pw, and we won't give him a pay rise without a decent extension length.

6 hours ago, brucey said:

Ndidi will definitely be extending this summer - he won't want to run down a 4 year contract on 25k pw, and we won't give him a pay rise without a decent extension length.

We are tough negotiators (apparently) but  we will struggle to get wilf to add to the four years he has left without inserting a r/c. Most players only sign four year deals when they arrive! 

Wilf seems a really nice chap and I don’t think we will impress his moral compass if we take the mickey a bit. He deserves to be on 80k/week - just give it to him. We are under no obligation to do so with the length of his deal remaining but I think it will prove worth every penny to us in the long term if we do. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Albert said:

With the inevitable high profile departure of Mahrez in the summer im certain the owners will refuse to sanction a move for either Maguire or N’didi. They’re simply too important to us in this critical time of transition & squad refreshment. I fully expect both to sign improved contracts this summer & Maguire becoming the new club Captain.

:wub::wub::wub:

Music to my ears