Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

7 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

We needed an expirence head to go into our back line, not some Kid. 

So you keep telling me.

I think we should take a player that is going to be best for us, now and in the future over a has been on a downward spiral. Evans lack of speed and inability to stay with those Turkish amateurs yesterday was worrying. What point an experienced head if his legs aren't up to the job? On yesterday's performance we may as well play 34 year old more experienced head Wes over him.

41 minutes ago, FIF said:

So do those in it.

Couthino, Suarez etc...

FTers are mostly morons though.

personally I'm a little worried with the Evans signing. He isn't what FTers think he is. Promoting one of the youngsters would have been better no matter what I read here. Young,fast and skilled. They'll make a few errors but then every defender does.

Do you not think the manager and coaches have looked at the youngsters and decided they aren't ready or good enough for the PL at the moment.

It's doesn't matter what people on hear think about Evans, the club, manager, scouting team think he the way to go.

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

So you keep telling me.

I think we should take a player that is going to be best for us, now and in the future over a has been on a downward spiral. Evans lack of speed and inability to stay with those Turkish amateurs yesterday was worrying. What point an experienced head if his legs aren't up to the job? On yesterday's performance we may as well play 34 year old more experienced head Wes over him.

I thought Evans looked okay yesterday. Wes on the other hand managed to gift that Turkish team 2 good chances which should have been put away. Also, Wes isn't more expirenced than Evans in top flight football and is 4 years older. You can't just have a back 4 of kids without any leaders, this ain't FIFA! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Do you not think the manager and coaches have looked at the youngsters and decided they aren't ready or good enough for the PL at the moment.

It's doesn't matter what people on hear think about Evans, the club, manager, scouting team think he the way to go.

No, I think too often prem league coaches are frightened to play their own youth so take the option and sign old, dying heads.

The scouting team have made plenty of mistakes, it's great that you have 100% trust in them. I tend to go with my own faulty eyes and I like what I've seen in 3 of our u23 CBs more than what I've seen in Evans recently.

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

I thought Evans looked okay yesterday. Wes on the other hand managed to gift that Turkish team 2 good chances which should have been put away. Also, Wes isn't more expirenced than Evans in top flight football and is 4 years older. You can't just have a back 4 of kids without any leaders, this ain't FIFA! 

Isn't the prem league part of FIFA - oh you're talking about some computer game you play!

Evans really isn't more experienced but maybe you don't understand the concept. WES has played for longer, played more games and captained his team to the prem title. He has more experience and especially in the Leicester setup.

Still you have your opinion,I have mine. They differ, no problem.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Isn't the prem league part of FIFA - oh you're talking about some computer game you play!

Evans really isn't more experienced but maybe you don't understand the concept. WES has played for longer, played more games and captained his team to the prem title. He has more experience and especially in the Leicester setup.

Still you have your opinion,I have mine. They differ, no problem.

It's a shame you let your agendas clowd your own judgement, like you did with Mahrez. 

I am confident Evans has played more premier league games, more champions league games & has won more titles than Wes. That makes him more expirenced. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

As ive said before been told he will stay regardlesd of whether he wants to go or nor.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

As ive said before been told he will stay regardlesd of whether he wants to go or nor.

As much as I understand this logic of the owners, it's a difficult one long term as young players will look at us and think there's no chance i'm going there as they'll never let me leave.

Take your Leon Bailly example.. he'll 100% want assurances he can leave in the summer if he has a good season. 

I'm not saying we should give in, i'd just rather we let the player decide whether they want to show some loyalty or not (a bit like with Vardy)

11 minutes ago, FIF said:

No, I think too often prem league coaches are frightened to play their own youth so take the option and sign old, dying heads.

The scouting team have made plenty of mistakes, it's great that you have 100% trust in them. I tend to go with my own faulty eyes and I like what I've seen in 3 of our u23 CBs more than what I've seen in Evans recently.

A coaching team which has blooded Hamza, Barnes last season and will blood more young players this season. 

I don't trust them 100%, but show me one club that hasn't made mistake in the transfer market.

Evans is a solid centre half, experience can be a important ingredient in a successful side.

5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Cheers Abrasive, i had a feeling this would be the case. I know the owners won't want another Mahrez situation but they also won't be keen to sell 2 key players in 1 window. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

As much as I understand this logic of the owners, it's a difficult one long term as young players will look at us and think there's no chance i'm going there as they'll never let me leave.

Take your Leon Bailly example.. he'll 100% want assurances he can leave in the summer if he has a good season. 

I'm not saying we should give in, i'd just rather we let the player decide whether they want to show some loyalty or not (a bit like with Vardy)

Fair point - my understanding is that he's not pushing for a move as much as is being made out however.

Thing is from the clubs perspective they can't afford to go into the new season having lost their two best players with no financial need to sell and a manager who is yet to convince many. There needs to be a contingency plan if we start badly and they can't do that by selling Maguire as well - they need to be attracting better players.

My guess is he'll sign a new contract.

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Ultimately we all know we cant hold onto our top players, just like Southampton and anyone else outside the top 6 but we certainly shouldn't be putting players on 5 year deals and then selling them a year later. I understand your point about young players joining wanting to join us but if we dont put up a fight to keep our assets then the big clubs will just take our players whenever they want as we will be seen as a soft touch. And we cant keep growing and building our team if we sell our best players every window! 

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

???, so McGuire would have stayed at hull in the hope Man Utd would have come knocking

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

???, so McGuire would have stayed at hull in the hope Man Utd would have come knocking

Are we in the Championship? 

Also who the **** is McGuire?

• Haha 1

Would be amazed if he went to United under Jose.  First game he plays he'll go maurauding forward with the ball, get a bollocking from Jose and banned from ever doing it again.  Then you think of the way he's treated the likes of Shaw - I wouldn't be confident he'd get much backing after a couple of bad games.

If he has any sense he'll sit it out a year, have a good season with us and then go somewhere he can progress. 

45 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

dont get me wrong £65mil is alot and hes worth it, but would HM really want to play under someone like Jose?? the way hes treated some of the young english players at clubs hes been at is ridiculous, and if he had a couple of bad games hed get throw to the lions so to speak by Jose,

in all honesty think if he was to move it would have to be to a better club than Man Utd(under Jose) and one that more suits his style of play(Man City, Liverpool)

tbh tho i wouldnt want him to go and dont think he will

I think that’s naive. We think like that, he won’t. He’ll think Champions League and playing in a title race amongst the world’s best players and playing for one of the the biggest teams in the world. If not the biggest. He’d also double his wages. It’s the dream isn’t it really? Leicester isn’t. 

23 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Needs to be at least the same as Van Dyke.

75 Big Ones or FRO

Was litterally about to put this myself. If anything maybe a little more considering he’s English lol 

On a serious note though, if Southampton can get £75m for Van Dijk. Then we should without a doubt hold for no less than that fee for arguably England’s best centre back at this current time.

• Like 1