Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

5 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

I don't believe any of this hype that Maguire expects to leave or that there is any sort of figure quoted by LCFC

However it is very unhealthy and it could disturb the players concentration and the club in general as with the Mahrez saga

Hopefully the management and owners will clear this up but the sooner the better.Harry seems a decent professional and I think will be happy to negotiate a deal to stay for the moment 

Equally it could unite a set of players who want to turn at Old Trafford in two weeks and give them the ultimate two fingers up. 

I don't think the Mahrez saga and that Man City were the best example. We were genuinely really good for the first forty-five minutes at 1-1. Puel then pooped himself, dragged off one of our better, forward thinking players in Silva and try to settle for a point. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
44 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

You previously mentioned he wouldn't be leaving unless we were offered silly money. I hope the media reported £65m is not classed as silly money?

If we were offered £100m then yes I think that we might sell him but i'm doubting we'll be offered any more than £60m.

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

If we were offered £100m then yes I think that we might sell him but i'm doubting we'll be offered any more than £60m.

There is a cynical part of me that wonders if it matters or not what price we sell him for if we don't replace him or replace him for an average £25 million player from say the Portuguese top flight...

This is the one area (can't believe I'm actually going to write this) that I admire Spurs for at the moment. Consider how many years they were just a feeder club for Real, Man U etc and now they are holding on to their top players and their manager.

We need to work out how to begin to do this otherwise we will be another Southampton.

• Like 2

Need to keep your best players to have a better chance of attracting better players. 

The implications of a sale would go beyond the loss of the attributes that he brings on the pitch. 

No deal. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

There is a cynical part of me that wonders if it matters or not what price we sell him for if we don't replace him or replace him for an average £25 million player from say the Portuguese top flight...

This is the one area (can't believe I'm actually going to write this) that I admire Spurs for at the moment. Consider how many years they were just a feeder club for Real, Man U etc and now they are holding on to their top players and their manager.

We need to work out how to begin to do this otherwise we will be another Southampton.

Because they are challenging, unless we're in the champions league on a regular basis we'll always lose our best player (they've still lost Walker, Alderweireld likely to go and Rose was angling to leave.. Think long term not short, that's the plan behind the training complex and the stadium. Takes us to the next level, shows people show serious we are, brings in better players etc. Better players should mean better chance of challenging for honours, means more chance of keeping players and round and round we go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Because they are challenging, unless we're in the champions league on a regular basis we'll always lose our best player (they've still lost Walker, Alderweireld likely to go and Rose was angling to leave.. Think long term not short, that's the plan behind the training complex and the stadium. Takes us to the next level, shows people show serious we are, brings in better players etc. Better players should mean better chance of challenging for honours, means more chance of keeping players and round and round we go.

I agree.

I simply hope we have the creativity and the playing style that keeps us in this division to reap the benefits of the above...

2 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Honestly the most delusional fans in the country. In the past year they have believed they could sign Maguire, Mahrez, Kasper and Vardy. Even skybet were mocking Everton fans when they added their name to the 'Cristiano Ronaldo to sign for' bet before he joined Juve ?

Edited by jayfox26
Stupid phone misspelt Ronaldo
  • Haha 3

The Owners played hardball over Drinkwater and Mahrez and will probably do the same with Maguire. We all know that they don't go running to the media with gossip but would be settling for all if we had some sort of statement of intent.

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I agree.

I simply hope we have the creativity and the playing style that keeps us in this division to reap the benefits of the above...

The squad is good enough by an absolute mile, look at some of the dross we stayed up with in the squad, look at how bad everyone performed after the title win (Mahrez included) and we stayed up. If we go down it's a failure on behalf of Puel to get the best out of what we've got.

11 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

It’s laughable that you seriously think he’s the difference between staying up and going down

Maybe. Maybe not. 

The actual squad doesn't feel me with confidence. I wouldn't like losing our best defender right after losing our best attacking player.

• Like 1

Puel should have loved Dragavic, a little bit more, then the thought of losing Harry, would be slightly less daunting.. Especially with another 50/60  million net cash in the war chest.Dragavic is technically a better defender and is the right side of 30, something to build on. To keep Maguire, will probably cost another 30/40 k a week, meaning even less chance of bringing in a creative player in, and if he has another  good season he go for sure anyway .£ 75 m + would be tempted. Claude you need to do serious French smooching on Dragon.

Maguire had a promising season for us though he is far from the finished article especially with his positioning. From a personal non-Anglo centric perspective, his WC campaign with England was a bit overrated. Teams such as Panama and Tunisia especially aren't great yardsticks to judge world class defensive abilities. He's no Franz Beckenbauer yet. If Manchester United are prepared to splash say £75 million then IF we have identified and have the opportunity to get another high quality mobile CD in instead, I'd be tempted - this speculation might also affect his season.

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Haha 1