Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

We don’t need to sell and he’ll be probably be worth more next season. The only problem is when the big boys come calling they get there head turned I just hope he’s looked at the way Mahrez did things and realises it not the way to act. Next season I have no problem with him going but not now.

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Maguire had a promising season for us though he is far from the finished article especially with his positioning. From a personal non-Anglo centric perspective, his WC campaign with England was a bit overrated. Teams such as Panama and Tunisia especially aren't great yardsticks to judge world class defensive abilities. He's no Franz Beckenbauer yet. If Manchester United are prepared to splash say £75 million then IF we have identified and have the opportunity to get another high quality mobile CD in instead, I'd be tempted.

Me too.  I think Maguire is a great player but 75m is equalling the world record transfer for a defender.  If we refused, I could understand Maguire getting the hump as he'll be wondering what he has to do to leave. Let's be honest Manchester United is one of the top three teams in the world.  We can't begrudge Maguire wanting to play for them.

It also can be used to our advantage to attract good young players to join.  Come to Leicester, kunckle down, showcase your talent and we will sell you on to bigger clubs like Sevilla do season after season.

In terms of replacement, we should have a dossier of good young defenders as we were in this position only a season ago when we signed Maguire.  Just dust off that dossier and start talking to the player's agents.

• Like 3

hopefully there's no buy out clause, doesn't sound like there is. so we don't have to sell. Even if they offered £100m I don't think our owners would be interested. Not like we desperately need the funds and he'll be worth more than £65m after this season.

Edited by smr

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

If he goes it should be completely on our terms. Clubs can't make a hostile new approach for a player this late in the window and not expect to pay through the nose.

£80m asking price as long as we have a replacement lined up that we're really happy with.

Absolutely this.

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I'm not particularly worried about this. Seems to me to be a post-world cup story dreamt up entirely by the media. Could be wrong but I don't think there's much in this one.

Okay, now I'm worried lol

Mystic Paddy strikes again.

Edited by Paddy.

27 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If anyone is coming the other way I'd have Lindelof over Smalling/Jones/Rojo/whoever. 

I'd have Stevie Wonder over Rojo. As for Smalling & Jones, they'd be preferable to Rojo but that's just an indictment of how bad Rojo is.

At a push, I could accept Smalling I suppose but he'd have a job on his hands convincing me. Smalling and Evans fills me with dread and I don't necessarily think Evans is bad by saying that, I just don't see that partnership working.

1 minute ago, manders86 said:

They've got to manipulate their odds on their own betting company somehow!! ?

Sorry for picking on you, as loads of people say this. But they don't own any part of SkyBet anymore, not one bit. They made £3.4bn out of selling it so yes... before that there was plenty of manipulation but I doubt it now. 

• Like 1

This is all about setting the sale up for the next transfer window. The clubs are to blame as they don’t hold firm and keep a player to a contract, then obviously the players agent is in a win win as he either gets a bigger deal or gets sold. All this losing out on 65 million stuff is pathetic as every club is going to get more money than is required to run a club at the end of the season, time for clubs to start saying fvck off.

We could accept the offer, it's a massive amount of money but then...

when they've paid and money is in our bank, send them his brother instead and claim they wanted Maguire, didn't say which one :ph34r:

Edited by fox_favourite

18 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Me too.  I think Maguire is a great player but 75m is equalling the world record transfer for a defender.  If we refused, I could understand Maguire getting the hump as he'll be wondering what he has to do to leave. Let's be honest Manchester United is one of the top three teams in the world.  We can't begrudge Maguire wanting to play for them.

It also can be used to our advantage to attract good young players to join.  Come to Leicester, kunckle down, showcase your talent and we will sell you on to bigger clubs like Sevilla do season after season.

In terms of replacement, we should have a dossier of good young defenders as we were in this position only a season ago when we signed Maguire.  Just dust off that dossier and start talking to the player's agents.

What?

• Like 1