Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

Guest Markyblue

The premier league the media the so called big clubs will not Allow another Leicester to happen and any decent player will be therefore guided into the arms of the elite. 

25 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

If you fancy taking advantage of Sky's shithouse media/betting relationship, he's currently 13/8 to stay.

Unfortunately they don't seem to like it very much when you call them out on their BS that way. Done it a couple times and they've now restricted me to a whole £12.50 stake.

Not sure why people keep going on about this sell if the price is right stuff ...   the owners are thinking big (ground, facilities etc) so how will they achieve that if they keep selling their best players ..  mardy-arse-pram-chucking-boy had to go but H is a different proposition altogether ...  he aint going anywhere ...   well, not this season anyway ! ...   

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Big couple of weeks - need to ship some deadwood out, get two big players in, and convince their current stars to sign new contracts.

I'm remain unconvinced that having that dullard Puel as manager is helping us out with this. Certain players want out (who won't be sold) and it's not helping the situation.

If we had actually appointed a decent manager (replacing Ranieri or Shakespeare), I think we wouldn't be in this predicament. Pivotal season for the club.

Edited by Abrasive fox

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Big couple of weeks - need to ship some deadwood out, and get two big players in, and convince their current stars to sign new contracts.

I'm remain unconvinced that having that dullard Puel as manager is helping us out with this. Certain players want out (who won't be sold) and it's not helping the situation.

If we had actually appointed a decent manager (replacing Ranieri or Shakespeare), I think we wouldn't be in this predicament. Pivotal season for the club.

Do you know which ones?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, That_Dude said:

Do you know which ones?

Read my posts and you'll know the key protagonist.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Big couple of weeks - need to ship some deadwood out, get two big players in, and convince their current stars to sign new contracts.

So we are going into the season with players and managers that don't see eye to eye. :nigel:

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

lol blaming Puel? Really?

36 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

naive? really.........so im guessing HM playing for Man Utd would certainly make you happy then? id rather see HM going to a team on the up and doing something if he was to leave, not to Man Utd who are frankly so so under Jose for me, and he might play Champions league, title race etc and be at one of the biggest clubs in the world if he went there but if he went there it could be a bad move for him, he certainly wont progress there as much as he will here

just because its Man Utd doesnt mean its a good career move for him, and all in all i dont think the club will sell unless we get a stupid bid being over what Liverpool paid for VVD..

HM seems like he has his head on straight and all that, and im sure he knows he'll be better off with  LCFC for now and in all honesty in a season or 2 i can imagine he could be at someone like Man City or Liverpool

‘he might play Champions league, title race etc and be at one of the biggest clubs in the world if he went there but if he went there it could be a bad move for him’

have a word with yourself 

• Like 1

Just now, davelcfc100 said:

Well I would if it came into my bank account but as it doesn’t, I wouldn’t.

Secondly most expensive defender in world football 

his good but he ain’t that good 

had a good World Cup but was fortunate to not get found out by better opposition.

That said he probably would be suited to a top tier team, that has the ball a lot and teams find it hard to get in behind.

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Think some players need to sort themselves out. I fully understand all aspects but there are a lot of players at that club who have short memories. Everyone wants what’s best for them individually, but we hear far too much noise about certain players not agreeing or supporting management. It’s not the first manager to suffer this either. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Think some players need to sort themselves out. I fully understand all aspects but there are a lot of players at that club who have short memories. Everyone wants what’s best for them individually, but we hear far too much noise about certain players not agreeing or supporting management. It’s not the first manager to suffer this either. 

Happens at every club in the land.

I love Maguire as much as the next guy, but that is insane money for a guy who had a pretty good season and a great World Cup. It's no wonder English clubs can't win the Champions League when this how they go about their business. Maguire was part of the 5th worst defence in the league. I know he outperformed everyone else in the back 4, but he made a lot of errors.

Would be very sad to see him go, but it's hilarious that he'd fetch more money than Mahrez. That said, I hope he stays because it'd be flicking the Vs to a shitty status quo.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1