Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Just gone on sky, an approach has been made 

Glorious. That boosts the price on him to stay up. Three figures has gone on that from me now. Huge double whammy if we do actually sell him lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Domsdad said:

All this player unsettling by Mourinho. Just remind me who we have first game of the season?

This isn’t new news to Maguire, he was tapped up towards the end of last season.

I was told wages were agreed between him and Mourinho I think a week or so before the end of the season. It was just a matter of when the offer was to be made, but I was told it was 100% going to  be made.

So it didn’t unsettle the player during the World Cup and so I imagine he just carries on and sees if we accept the bid.

5 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

It's a shame you let your agendas clowd your own judgement, like you did with Mahrez. 

I am confident Evans has played more premier league games, more champions league games & has won more titles than Wes. That makes him more expirenced. 

Perhaps you should check the stats before you start being confident about the lies you spout. I'm glad you don't let your agenda clowd (sic) your own judgement (which can be compared to your spelling). As I said you can have a partnership full of expirenced (sic) players starting with Evans and Wes at the back. I'd prefer more speed and enthusiasm with Maguire and one of the U23s. I don't choose the team though. As for Mahrez, my judgement of him referred to his mardy self-centredness. Before he threw his toys out of the pram and decided that he didn't want to play for US, I had nothing but praise for him. He's gone, He's playing in Cov colours now, perhaps you should follow him, if he means so much to you.

28 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Read my posts and you'll know the key protagonist.

I just read your hard dislike of Puel and have to give up believing what you write even though you may be getting it from the horse's mouth.

14 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I love Maguire as much as the next guy, but that is insane money for a guy who had a pretty good season and a great World Cup. It's no wonder English clubs can't win the Champions League when this how they go about their business. Maguire was part of the 5th worst defence in the league. I know he outperformed everyone else in the back 4, but he made a lot of errors.

Would be very sad to see him go, but it's hilarious that he'd fetch more money than Mahrez. That said, I hope he stays because it'd be flicking the Vs to a shitty status quo.

Absolutely spot on. If we could get a lb and 2cbs with the money and improve the whole defence, it would be crazy not to. The issue is whether we could do that kind of business with only two weeks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Absolutely spot on. If we could get a lb and 2cbs with the money and improve the whole defence, it would be crazy not to. The issue is whether we could do that kind of business with only two weeks. 

But we’ll still be fooked on the wages front I believe. Sell and we can bring one in on Harry’s wages and that is it. Don’t even think Smalling would jump at that. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

The squad is good enough by an absolute mile, look at some of the dross we stayed up with in the squad, look at how bad everyone performed after the title win (Mahrez included) and we stayed up. If we go down it's a failure on behalf of Puel to get the best out of what we've got.

Agreed but if things are looking bad by November, Puel will be gone. The owners do need to ensure we keep Maguire though as it would be unfair on Puel to sell Mahrez and Maguire and not replace them with quality players. 

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

But we’ll still be fooked on the wages front I believe. Sell and we can bring one in on Harry’s wages and that is it. Don’t even think Smalling would jump at that. 

Definitely doubtful, he doesn't usually jump for crosses.

50 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

naive? really.........so im guessing HM playing for Man Utd would certainly make you happy then? id rather see HM going to a team on the up and doing something if he was to leave, not to Man Utd who are frankly so so under Jose for me, and he might play Champions league, title race etc and be at one of the biggest clubs in the world if he went there but if he went there it could be a bad move for him, he certainly wont progress there as much as he will here

just because its Man Utd doesnt mean its a good career move for him, and all in all i dont think the club will sell unless we get a stupid bid being over what Liverpool paid for VVD..

HM seems like he has his head on straight and all that, and im sure he knows he'll be better off with  LCFC for now and in all honesty in a season or 2 i can imagine he could be at someone like Man City or Liverpool

Agree...adding Harry ..if he eventually wants that R.devils shirt he would then be going to a better Team has they are now.Plus he would have evolved even more.

For Citys sake,we need to hold on to him,where our own,owners can now show the fans,after

4-6 seasons of success,how ambitious they really are for out club..

We should comfortably win this skirmish,but future transfer battles depends,on what/how we

Attack and try to chase ourselves 1st the top 6,then pushing for that covetted top 4.

This season,I would be gutted if he went,or allowed to go,he also has to Prove that he is a stayer,and

is up for still Proving he is a quality stabile PL player,he is still at the beginning of his career...

Look  at  Evans,his teammate....his own UPS and down,in to be fair playing conitinually at an high

Level...(whether one likes or respects Evans or not),and where as a CB,can rekindle his career,with

a rousing last few seasons. Harry can afford to help Push City Into a new successfull ERA,and actually

be the player Leading the way.....

22 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

This isn’t new news to Maguire, he was tapped up towards the end of last season.

I was told wages were agreed between him and Mourinho I think a week or so before the end of the season. It was just a matter of when the offer was to be made, but I was told it was 100% going to  be made.

So it didn’t unsettle the player during the World Cup and so I imagine he just carries on and sees if we accept the bid.

:source:disgusting if even remotely true

31 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I love Maguire as much as the next guy, but that is insane money for a guy who had a pretty good season and a great World Cup. It's no wonder English clubs can't win the Champions League when this how they go about their business. Maguire was part of the 5th worst defence in the league. I know he outperformed everyone else in the back 4, but he made a lot of errors.

Would be very sad to see him go, but it's hilarious that he'd fetch more money than Mahrez. That said, I hope he stays because it'd be flicking the Vs to a shitty status quo.

Agreed. The Palace games and there was a game early on in the season, I cant remember who it was against and he ran into the midfield to try get the ball, missed and left us so exposed. 

Im not sure he is positionally good enough to play in a 2 for a top four side. I guess they would have more of the ball so less defending.

3 minutes ago, Vince Vega said:

Just read this in the Mercury:

"After a superb debut season at the King Power Stadium, and an outstanding World Cup for England, Maguire’s stick has risen considerably and City have been expecting approaches." :D

I imagine the fans will take it off him and beat him with it. (Whether he stays or goes)

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Lets not question why Jahakanbhash or whoever would snub us for Brighton and then fail to understand why Maguire would want to move to Man Utd lol

I said at the time of our interest, Brighton have been after this gadgie for 3 years which often means a lot. We've often got our long term targets over other interested sides due to persistence. Fair play to them for their pursuit.

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Yeah that is our main issue it seems. Can't believe musa, slimani and Ulloa are still here. Get those guys off the books and get the feeling this would have been a lot better window. Don't want to sell maguire, just think for our progression that selling to get 3 upgrades on the team is prob where we are right now. 

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I imagine the fans will take it off him and beat him with it. (Whether he stays or goes)

I think if I'd just had superb debut season and an outstanding world cup, my stick would have risen too!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Perhaps you should check the stats before you start being confident about the lies you spout. I'm glad you don't let your agenda clowd (sic) your own judgement (which can be compared to your spelling). As I said you can have a partnership full of expirenced (sic) players starting with Evans and Wes at the back. I'd prefer more speed and enthusiasm with Maguire and one of the U23s. I don't choose the team though. As for Mahrez, my judgement of him referred to his mardy self-centredness. Before he threw his toys out of the pram and decided that he didn't want to play for US, I had nothing but praise for him. He's gone, He's playing in Cov colours now, perhaps you should follow him, if he means so much to you.

I just read your hard dislike of Puel and have to give up believing what you write even though you may be getting it from the horse's mouth.

If we all didnt read peoples posts because we disagreed with what people said itd be a fairly dull place.

See Mendy absolutely tore it up at Nice though like you said.

Just now, 4everfox said:

If we sell two key players in the same window then the club has got a major issue with what their ambitions are, because they clearly won't match that of the fans.

Now there's a revelation.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s all over his social media including him heading a football into a crowd at a nightclub whilst he was stood on the balcony. 

Yes I know. You don’t think that when he has finished partying and been told he isn’t getting his dream move, he won’t be a little, er, disappointed?