Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I said at the time of our interest, Brighton have been after this gadgie for 3 years which often means a lot. We've often got our long term targets over other interested sides due to persistence. Fair play to them for their pursuit.

Are you Scottish, Ric?

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

Are you Scottish, Ric?

Nice one Bucey !! ...   the whole forum has gone Maguire mental ..  is he going, is he staying ??? .....       and you want to know if Ric is Scottish !! ...    lollollol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Nice one Bucey !! ...   the whole forum has gone Maguire mental ..  is he going, is he staying ??? .....       and you want to know if Ric is Scottish !! ...    lollollol

It was the use of the word, 'gadgie'.

The only time I've ever come across it was from a Jock I used to know.

27 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Yes I know. You don’t think that when he has finished partying and been told he isn’t getting his dream move, he won’t be a little, er, disappointed?

I suspect football is completely at the back of his mind. If he wanted to move, he would be back in England trying to apply pressure. He wouldn’t effectively waste a week with the early deadline

Also who says it’s his ‘dream move’? That’s a huge assumption. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I suspect football is completely at the back of his mind. If he wanted to move, he would be back in England trying to apply pressure. He wouldn’t effectively waste a week with the early deadline

Also who says it’s his ‘dream move’? That’s a huge assumption. 

From the comments he has made it appears so. The assumption is that Man Utd WOULDN’T be a dream move. To most players it is, topped only by a couple of other sides. Would you then claim his dream is to stay with LCFC this season?

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

From the comments he has made it appears so. The assumption is that Man Utd WOULDN’T be a dream move. To most players it is, topped only by a couple of other sides. Would you then claim his dream is to stay with LCFC this season?

Could you link me to actual quotes then?

Because the only thing I have seen was basically ‘happy at Leicester but everyone wants to develop their career.’ No actual quotes suggesting he’s actively trying to leave. 

The only clubs Maguire shown affinity for are the Sheffield clubs. Wednesday he supported as a boy and United because they brought him through. 

I wouldnt claim its his dream to stay with Leicester. However last summer he could have gone Tottenham but chose Leicester for regular football. By playing regular football, he becomes a first choice England player. The same consistency of appearances he can’t call upon at Manchester United. 

He was happy to turn down the lure of Champions League football for game time. So the attraction to United with their current squad and awful playing style isn’t  that huge. If Spurs have been interested before, they will be again. He has time on his side. No need for the tantrums yet. 

To add making the general point, there’s no way Man U are happy to offer £65 million for Maguire but not to do so with the far more experienced and complete alderweireld

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

23 minutes ago, Buce said:

It was the use of the word, 'gadgie'.

The only time I've ever come across it was from a Jock I used to know.

Hahaha I use the term after my love of Auf Wiedersehen Pet. Oz always refers to blokes as gadgies.

• Like 1

Just a few points I think are worth considering.

1. It's only my opinion but it seems to me that there isn't really any credible source (I could be wrong) linked to Maguire wanting out.
  2. It also looks like the usual obvious pattern you see with Clubs trying to unsettle players by using their links in the media, in the hope they'll force a move if a bid is made.
  3. There is a lot of big club bias in the media that don't believe we are worthy of such a player. Combine that with the easy story they can report and you have the motivation for this to be plastered on every website going.
  4. Harry Maguire clearly loves it here and has said so on many occasions to my memory
  5. Our owners are very wealthy and will want to improve our side, not detract from it.
  6. Most importantly, he has 4 years left on a five year contract.

It isn't just about his value as a commodity. It's his perceived value by potential signings and the enhancement of our reputation by keeping him at the club which is valuable.

DON'T SELL!

• Like 1

My main concern with selling him (other than replacing him) is the signal it sends out to the other top teams wanting to buy our players. 

We've lost a few of our best players in recent years. If we do sell I hope they fleece Man U to prove a point. 

He's good but not 70m good. Still prone to mistakes and super slow. I'd take 70m.

On the other hand we would **** it up though and have Evans Morgan and Benny as our CB options next season thus getting us relegated.

Just now, 80's fox said:

My main concern with selling him (other than replacing him) is the signal it sends out to the other top teams wanting to buy our players. 

We've lost a few of our best players in recent years. If we do sell I hope they fleece Man U to prove a point. 

I'm with you on that one mate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxhead said:

Just a few points I think are worth considering.

1. It's only my opinion but it seems to me that there isn't really any credible source (I could be wrong) linked to Maguire wanting out. Proper pros don’t publicise stuff like that.
  2. It also looks like the usual obvious pattern you see with Clubs trying to unsettle players by using their links in the media, in the hope they'll force a move if a bid is made. They don’t need to do that - they have agents for that.
  3. There is a lot of big club bias in the media that don't believe we are worthy of such a player. Combine that with the easy story they can report and you have the motivation for this to be plastered on every website going. The media have to publicise something and with yanited involved there are plenty of willing clickers.
  4. Harry Maguire clearly loves it here and has said so on many occasions to my memory You know him personally then? What do you expect him to say?
  5. Our owners are very wealthy and will want to improve our side, not detract from it. I would hope this is true!
  6. Most importantly, he has 4 years left on a five year contract. Indeed

It isn't just about his value as a commodity. It's his perceived value by potential signings and the enhancement of our reputation by keeping him at the club which is valuable.

DON'T SELL!

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

He's good but not 70m good. Still prone to mistakes and super slow. I'd take 70m.

On the other hand we would **** it up though and have Evans Morgan and Benny as our CB options next season thus getting us relegated.

Pretty much.

United are probably trying to unsettle him with a view of getting him next year.

I hate these big clubs tactics, of course excluding when we're the big club...

Hmmmmf think I'll go back to the u23s thread.

We're not going to sell him before the window closes. I'd be worried about him in January or next summer, if he continues to improve and catch the eyes of "big clubs," but selling him does not fit our MO. Mahrez is a prime example. It took him kicking and screaming for multiple transfer windows before we finally moved him. 

Until Maguire hands in a transfer request, we should sleep easy at night. 

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

WILL NOT HAPPEN! 

Won’t stop the lunatics continuing to ‘take over the asylum’ on here though ! 

Maguire isn’t going to force though a move after one season and we aren’t going to sell for lots of reasons. 

Incidentally, remember riyad apparently wanted to leave in the summer after we won the league but wouldn’t force through a move by asking for a move so signed a new deal.  Just because harry signs a new contract in the next week or so, doesn’t mean he wants to spend the rest of his career here ! It’s just business! 

Edited by st albans fox